Author Topic: Summer in Pushkin  (Read 8622 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
Summer in Pushkin
« on: August 01, 2006, 09:06:10 AM »
I posted this somewhere under another topic last year, but I think it may be more appropriate under this topic. This is the link to my online travelogue, which describes my experiences in Pushkin during the summer of 2005 (includes many photos of the town).

http://www.geocities.com/mushkah/TsarskoeSelo.html

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Summer in Pushkin
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:34:20 AM »
In regards to visiting Pushkin and St. Petersburg in general, I have a question (albeit probably a silly one).  I have been a Romanov devotee for years and have only begun to learn the language.

How functional in Russian does one have to be to safely travel there or is English spoken anywhere?  I am planning a trip to StPb next year and would like to know how proficient in the language i must be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lori_C.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »
In regards to visiting Pushkin and St. Petersburg in general, I have a question (albeit probably a silly one).  I have been a Romanov devotee for years and have only begun to learn the language.

How functional in Russian does one have to be to safely travel there or is English spoken anywhere?  I am planning a trip to StPb next year and would like to know how proficient in the language i must be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lori_C.

Good question. I am planning my first trip to Russia for next year. (Going to Maui this year). I am just starting to plan and would be interested in the must sees of a first trip to Russia. I didn't know where else to post this. I apologize if this is the wrong place.
Lexi
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »
I didn't know where else to post this.

How about on the "Travel to Russia" thread?  http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php/topic,1901.msg219638.html#new

Do you plan on going to Pushkin?

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 06:20:42 PM »
I didn't know where else to post this.

How about on the "Travel to Russia" thread?  http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php/topic,1901.msg219638.html#new

Do you plan on going to Pushkin?

Thank you Helen I am headed to that thread now.  :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"