Author Topic: Felix and Irina's relationship - marriage for love?  (Read 89936 times)

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Felix and Irina's relationship - marriage for love?
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:48 AM »
I find it on one russian site there are little not much
Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »
A letter by Felix to Ksenia
Felix to Xenia Alexandrovna – 2 January 1917 – Rakitnoe
Dear Mamasha!
I thank you very much for your letter. I am forbidden to write, and could not do so earlier. I was afraid it would be seized on the way. I am tortured by the thought that you and the Empress Marie will think of the man who did this as a murderer and a criminal, and that this feeling will prevail over all others.
However much you may recognize the veracity of this act and the reasons which prompted its execution, in the depths of your heart you will always have the feeling “But he’s still a murderer!”
Knowing perfectly what that man felt before, during and after, and what he is still feeling now, I can say absolutely definitely that he is not a murderer, and was only the weapon of providence, which gave him that inexplicable, superhuman strength and peace of mind, which enabled him to carry out his duty to his country and the Tsar, by destroying that evil and diabolic power, which was a disgrace to Russia and the whole world, and before which all had been powerless until now.
Irina looks on it the same way I do. It is a great comfort.
I send you many many kisses, also to all the children, Baby and Papochka (Sandro).
Felix

Offline Valmont

• Graf
  • I love History  !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2008, 10:26:38 AM »
I had never read this letter from Felix... interesting..
Thank you very much
Arturo Vega-Llausás

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »

Was this letter originally in Russian on the site, and did you translate it then? It reveals Irina had a sense of humor, thats for sure. Of all OTMA, that letter reminds me most of Marie or Anastasia's writing.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 12:53:13 PM »
I read Irina's letters to Felix in December of 1916, also, she mentioned Bebe often told them 'War! War!'. Then Irina asked her 'War or peace?' . She continued :'War!' It is strange. Maybe the child heard mainly that world in that time. And Irina had to do to Petrograd, before Rasputin's murder, but she didn't, I think she didn't want.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »
I don't know how many of Irina's letters have been translated to English. I don't know Russian, so when I say her letters aren't published I am talking about in English. I appreciate people doing translations of her Russian letters, as I can't read Russian.

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2008, 04:10:45 PM »

Was this letter originally in Russian on the site, and did you translate it then? It reveals Irina had a sense of humor, thats for sure. Of all OTMA, that letter reminds me most of Marie or Anastasia's writing.

Well yes i translate it.... sorry but my english is bad... not my native...

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2008, 04:12:04 PM »
Felix Yusupov to Grand Duke Nikolai Mikhailovich – 14 February 1917 - Rakitnoe
Dear Uncle Bimbo!
I could not reply earlier, as Al. Mikh. (Sandro) is only just now returned to Kiev. Thank you very much for your letter, also for Stepanov’s letter, which I have read. I received them the day the investigators arrived. It was very opportune. I did not expect such a swift change on the part of General Panov. As a clever and prudent man he understood where the strength lies.

The visit of the procurator and investigator to Rakitnoe was very amusing. It began with them having to walk two versts through an appalling snow storm. By the time they reach our house they looked like icicles. They went about their business with great zeal, but received no less energetic a rebuff from the Maestro. He refused outright to go over again what he had already told them, and expressed his surprise at their arrival, insofar as he was at Rakitnoe and was therefore serving his punishment, furthermore he had received his sentence after he had signed a detailed protocol, which had been submitted for His Majesty’s consideration, consequently he found it utterly incomprehensible that he should be interrogated again as a witness, after the case had seemingly been closed at His Majesty’s command.

As for general questions, he would be delighted to answer them. The official interrogation gradually turned into a friendly conversation which lasted 4 ½ hours in two sessions.

The result of this conversation was that, when the procurator and the investigator returned to their room, my valet, who had been instructed to spy on them, heard one say to the other: “It now seems completely clear to me that the Prince is in no way implicated, and that the press has blown the whole thing up.”

After a very superficial interrogation of my valet Nefedov, we invited them to dinner and entertained them with the gramophone in the evening. The next day they returned home. It was very cold, and the procurator was given a reversible fur coat, which was very like the coat worn by a young man in R’s apartment on that fatal night. Exceedingly funny!

The latest news on the affair: the investigation will be closed in a few days time, no culprits have been found, the evidence is insufficient. Dmitri will not be interrogated. Purishkevich has already been questioned. On the eve of his interrogation he received a letter from the Maestro. You have probably read his answer in the newspapers. For the moment all is going well, let us hope that luck will not abandon us in the future.

Today is the 14th. It’s terrible to think what is happening in Petersburg. I very much hope the Duma will understand the government’s challenge and will not become ensnared in the trap set for them by Protopopov. Al. Mikh. came to see us yesterday and is leaving for Kiev this evening. I think he is now convinced that nothing can be achieved through talk alone. You cannot reason with the insane.

How can they not see, that if they do not do what is necessary from above, then it will be done from below. How much innocent blood will be spilt. The Emperor it seems will soon be going to the Stavka, Emp. Marie should use the opportunity to go there with people who will help and support her, together with Alexeev and Gurko, and demand that Protopopov, Shcheglovitov and Ania be arrested and Al. Feod. (Alix) sent to Livadia. This measure alone can save us, if it’s not already too late. I’m convinced that the Emperor’s passive reaction to everything that happens is the result of Badmaev’s medicines. There are such herbs, that act gradually and reduce a man to complete cretinism.

I must end my letter, Al. Mikh is leaving.

Irina and I kiss you fondly and think of you constantly. Your sincerely devoted and loving,
Felix

I find this one on english but i believe there is russian version too....

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »
And this letter i translate and find on russian and i believe it's really rare...

Irina to her mother GD Xenia – 19 July 1918 – Rakitnoe

"Darling Mama,

I heard the most terrible new in my life.... what happened to my beloved cousins.... and Nicky and Alix.... ( i think she is speaking about the murder ) I have no idea what will happen with Russia now... (...) "

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
I got chills from the last one.

But was it possible for Irina to know about what happened so soon?

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2008, 04:23:15 PM »
Mmm but it could be possible the one who upload this letter to mix the dates... But in other side... it could be possible... Irina was in Russia when the murder happened....

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
Oh, it is really touching -- I hope when I catch some free time, will write Irina - Felix correspondence in 1916.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2008, 10:32:19 PM »
If you find letters between them i will very very glad.... =]

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:15 PM »
And this letter i translate and find on russian and i believe it's really rare...

Irina to her mother GD Xenia – 19 July 1918 – Rakitnoe

"Darling Mama,

I heard the most terrible new in my life.... what happened to my beloved cousins.... and Nicky and Alix.... ( i think she is speaking about the murder ) I have no idea what will happen with Russia now... (...) "

She could also just have been talking about them being imprisoned and that there were rumors they were dead. No one really knew at the time if they were dead, but there were rumors. I think she was talking about the rumors, not confirmed news of the murders. Of course, the rumors were true. I think your English is excellent, and am glad you can translate Russian letters for us.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:01:16 PM by imperial angel »

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2008, 05:53:48 AM »
Thank you very much...
Yesi was thinking about this... Probably she is speaking about the rumours and i think she deeply knew it's true.....Who knows...I'm still looking for more letters