Author Topic: Louise of Prussia Princess Radziwill  (Read 4101 times)

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
Louise of Prussia Princess Radziwill
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:07:14 AM »
Hello!

Anyone can provides me info about princess Friederike Louise Dorothea Philippine von Hohenzollern, married to prince Anton Radziwill in 1796? I know she was a beautiful woman, painted by Vigée Le Brun.

She was cousin of Friedrich Wilhelm II, but I don´t know who were her parents, siblings, etc. By the way...had she a good relationship with the flamboyant wife of her cousin, Queen Louise?.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
  • Real, Real, Real, por El-Rei de Portugal!
    • View Profile
Re: Louise of Prussia Princess Radziwill
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
Princess Luise of Prussia was the second daughter of General-major Prince Ferdinand of Prussia (1730-1813) and of his wife and niece Pss Luise (1730-1820), née Margravine of Brandenburg-Schwedt. Ferdinand was an younger brother of King Friedrich II the Great and uncle of his successor King Friedrich Wilhelm II.
Luise had many siblings: Friederike (1761-73), Heinrich (1769-73), Christian (1771-90), Louis Ferdinand (1772-1806; a general, left natural offspring), Paul (b. & d. 1776) and August (1779-1843, another general, whom left about 11 natural children).
I believe her marriage (1796) to Prince Antoni Henryk Radziwill, from that grand Polish princely family, was made to facilitate the diplomacy during the divisions of Poland. But in fact it turned out to be a love match  :-*…Happy them…They produced 4 sons and 2 daughters I believe.

Antoni was a great art protector, musician and composer, and received people like Goethe, Beethoven and Chopin (who composed some master pieces in his honour). Politically he had no luck, he unsuccessfully tried to linck the Polish to a Prussian alliance instead to Napoleon, later on he was made Prussian governor of Posen (Poznan) and tried to bring together the Prussian authorities and the Polish subject to them, but he also failed.

About her relationship with Queen Louise (why flamboyant?) I know nothing.