Author Topic: possible wives for Prince Georgy  (Read 51174 times)

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
Re: possible wives for Prince Georgy
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 03:42:29 AM »
I think Georgi will marry someone of not equal rank!

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2004, 03:48:39 AM »
The only time that I heard that Georgi was among equal Royalty was at the wedding of the Crown Prince of Spain this Year. His Mother was certainly there.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 02:27:17 PM »
While Maria V and Georgy do not employ a publicist, it is my understanding that they are a regular part of European royal occasions.

Teddy, if Georgy does not marry equally, it will cause the problems I've outlined in a previous post. It is my hope that he is able to find a life partner who will share his hopes and dreams. Then again, I wish this for everyone!

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2005, 05:25:59 PM »
He couldn't - unlike his grandfather - his mother is head of house and she, not he would have to declare her equal.

I know I'm jumping into the middle of a conversation...but how can a woman be head of the House of Romanov?...The Salic Law and all that?...If one can play that game...aren't the progeny of the sisters of the late Czar Nicholas then the true heirs of the Imperial throne of the Russias?

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2005, 06:04:22 PM »
Very short and not taking the family split in account. Maria V is Head of the family, because there isnt any male dynast left, due to morganatic marriages.
Also she is Head of the family because her father was head of the family. The woman closest to the last "emperor" or HOF, becomes HOF, when there are no male dynasts!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2005, 06:06:51 PM »
And, the Romanov family law is not based on the Salic principal. It is called the "Pauline Law". As set out by him in the Fundamental Laws.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2005, 12:34:38 PM »
Could George marry one of the York Princess or would Sarah Furgeson rule them out as an "equal marriage" because she is a commoner who married a Royal Duke?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2005, 01:45:01 PM »
Could George marry one of the York Princess or would Sarah Furgeson rule them out as an "equal marriage" because she is a commoner who married a Royal Duke?

TampaBay

Yes, it would be an equal marriage as the marriage was approved, and Sarah had royal rank - and Beatrice's rank comes from her father.
Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2005, 12:58:01 PM »
And would it be equal if George marries a ''lesser'' Countess from an ''equal'' mediatized House(Harrach,Erbach-Erbach,Erbach-Fuerstenau,Soms-Sonnenwalde,Solms-Roedelheim und Assenheim etc families)?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2005, 01:14:03 PM »
Any mediatized house would be equal, I believe. But this whole "equal marriage" business is dangerously anachronistic and reactionary.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2005, 05:55:03 PM »
I was not so sure because of Prussia/Harrach-Liegnitz(mediatized house and at the time this marriage ocured Harrach family were still imediatized witch meant they still reigned)marriage for example witch was not considered equal and was by all technical things equal!So,you never know..that's why I asked!

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2005, 10:26:24 PM »
I was not so sure because of Prussia/Harrach-Liegnitz(mediatized house and at the time this marriage ocured Harrach family were still imediatized witch meant they still reigned)marriage for example witch was not considered equal and was by all technical things equal!So,you never know..that's why I asked!

It is up to Grand Duchess Maria to determine if a prospective bride is "equal" or not. Don't know much about mediatized houses and the Romanovs.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2005, 04:52:21 AM »
One example:Grand Duchess Maria Kirilovna married Prince Karl von Leiningen-who was from a mediatized house!

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2005, 01:41:55 AM »
One example:Grand Duchess Maria Kirilovna married Prince Karl von Leiningen-who was from a mediatized house!

Yes, and she may decide to be guided by this - or not. It is still up to Maria Vladimirovna as to whether or not a prospective bride is equal or not. That's how the FL was written.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2005, 04:50:42 AM »
Is Prince George(or as a son of the current head of the House Grand Duke George) also a Prince of Prussia(Hohenzollern)?