Author Topic: Love Lives of William and Harry  (Read 81705 times)

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Love Lives of William and Harry
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2007, 04:24:51 PM »
Most likely...I like Chelsey...she enjoyed good times with Harry without asking for a wedding date (unlike Kate Middleton). It may be that she might get what Kate missed out in the end...by not demanding (nagging).  ;)

Do we know that Kate was demanding and asked for a wedding date?  ???

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2007, 08:36:35 PM »
It was all over the papers at the time of the break up. It was Kate's mother (the ex-trolley dolly) who send Kate to sound out William about her future. There was anticipation about the wedding (one company already odered William & Kate plates and tea towels). So the breakup was really surpising. I guess some compared it to Prince Philip forcing Prince Charles to propose to Lady Di. William did seemed relived after the breakup.

Offline Aine

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »
Do we know that Kate was demanding and asked for a wedding date?  ???

No, it's just speculation. The theory I heard most was that it was Charles who was encouraging his son to either decide to settle down or break it off.
Aine

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2007, 11:59:50 PM »

Any work of that type could be quite dangerous at this point.  Mugabe doesn't take kindly to anything that could be seen as critical of his regime.  Charity work might be seen as such.  I wouldn't be too critical unless you have looked into the realities of living and working there- it's not pretty, but as long as the regime is there, there's not much to be done.  It's a tragedy.
[/quote]

He'd go against even charity work? Que horror. Those poor people.  :-[

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2007, 04:19:24 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear the word skinhead I think neo nazi. So unless anyone has any proof that Zara's boyfriend is a neo nazi, I don't think the word skinhead really applies. He just has a buzz cut...

Yes exactly! He just has a shaved head, he doesn't deserve to be called a skinhead, which often means a racist/some type of Nazi, which I'm sure Zara's boyfriend is not.
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2007, 04:23:31 AM »
I do think Chelsy comes across as much more 'relaxed'.

However the Mugabe/Zimbabwean connection does her no favours in the eyes of many.   Which is a pity since her father's working arrangments have nothing to do with her.

tsaria

Maybe they do have something to do with her, because maybe she profits from her father's wealth. I'm sure she does, as she wouldn't be able to afford 20 thousand pound watches by herself from her own earnings, whatever she does earn, if anything. Her father's connections are very unsavoury, and they are ongoing, I would not approve of Chelsy and Harry marrying at all, but I won't worry about it just yet.
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2007, 04:40:17 AM »
I'm already worried. lol.

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2007, 04:58:08 AM »
it is too early for that !

Offline Harumi

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »
Maybe they do have something to do with her, because maybe she profits from her father's wealth. I'm sure she does, as she wouldn't be able to afford 20 thousand pound watches by herself from her own earnings, whatever she does earn, if anything. Her father's connections are very unsavoury, and they are ongoing, I would not approve of Chelsy and Harry marrying at all, but I won't worry about it just yet.

Chelsy's father has gone on record to distance himself from the Muggabe connections:

His business links with a minister have aroused suspicion in Zimbabwe, where all but a handful of white landowners have been dispossessed, and prompted calls for him to be punished with sanctions.

Mr Davy, 53, broke his silence to respond to questions from The Daily Telegraph about his business relationship with Webster Shamu, the minister in the president's office responsible for policy implementation.

Mr Shamu, an MP from the ruling Zanu-PF party, features on a list of 95 prominent Zimbabweans banned from entering the European Union.

"I am in business with Mr Shamu and have been for five years," said Mr Davy. "We have an excellent and honest business partnership. Why should this change? I am in business not politics."

He claimed that he was not spared the Mugabe campaign of dispossessing white farmers, saying that he gave up 140,000 acres to the government.

The sentence in bold is very questionable, imo.

Full article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/06/11/wdad11.xml

Also, that watch story sounds preposterous to me.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2007, 06:40:20 AM »

I ageee one hundred percent.  I believe this ridiculous watch story was started by the watch company!  ;D ;D ;D

If I owned a watch company thisis the type of story I would start for the free publicity! ;) ;) ;)

TampaBay
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:48:55 AM by TampaBay »
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »

Chelsy's father has gone on record to distance himself from the Muggabe connections:

His business links with a minister have aroused suspicion in Zimbabwe, where all but a handful of white landowners have been dispossessed, and prompted calls for him to be punished with sanctions.

Mr Davy, 53, broke his silence to respond to questions from The Daily Telegraph about his business relationship with Webster Shamu, the minister in the president's office responsible for policy implementation.

Mr Shamu, an MP from the ruling Zanu-PF party, features on a list of 95 prominent Zimbabweans banned from entering the European Union.

"I am in business with Mr Shamu and have been for five years," said Mr Davy. "We have an excellent and honest business partnership. Why should this change? I am in business not politics."

He claimed that he was not spared the Mugabe campaign of dispossessing white farmers, saying that he gave up 140,000 acres to the government.

The sentence in bold is very questionable, imo.

Full article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/06/11/wdad11.xml

He obviously hasn't distanced himself enough, since the connections still exist. This man is a serious evil criminal, who has wrecked Zimbabwe completely, any connections are unacceptable!

The sentence in bold is probably true. It features an interview with Mr. Davy, they can't just make up words coming out of his mouth. He went on the record and said this.

The watch story sounds believable to me. It is not so ridiculous. These are very spoilt, pampered, extravagant young people. Chelsy probably did buy him the watch. I suppose we should watch out for him wearing it.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2007, 01:42:59 AM »
Just 2 kids having fun...Harry & Chelsey.  ::)

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2007, 01:44:47 AM »
Yes probably, he will outgrow her and find a suitable consort!

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2007, 01:46:31 AM »
Maybe...Maybe not....Wait & see.  ::)

Offline Harumi

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »
The sentence in bold is probably true. It features an interview with Mr. Davy, they can't just make up words coming out of his mouth. He went on the record and said this.

You misunderstood me. I was questioning the validity of Mr Davy's reasoning. What he is saying sounds immoral to me.

I ageee one hundred percent.  I believe this ridiculous watch story was started by the watch company!  ;D ;D ;D
If I owned a watch company thisis the type of story I would start for the free publicity! ;) ;) ;)

Absolutely. just like that infamous Chopard engagement ring that Dodi brought for Diana who turned out to be (surprise, surprise) a publicity hoax.

The only present Chelsy gave Harry that we know about is a wooden pearl necklace that cost around 1 at some South-African market.
Honestly, beside her sartorial cluelessness, I don't think Chelsy is half as tacky as everybody seems to think.