Author Topic: How do you put someone on ignore?  (Read 51386 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Re: How do you put someone on ignore?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
It isn't right to bring old fights into this thread. If you have anything else to say to me, PM me. I'm not the one who wants the public show. I posted here to spare trouble, not stir it.

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »
It isn't right to bring old fights into this thread. If you have anything else to say to me, PM me. I'm not the one who wants the public show.

I'm sure you don't want a public show now that the show revolves around a demand that you post your proof about the claim you made about Wilson's speech at the Eurohistory Conference.

You attacked an author in a public forum with a very specific claim about something she said, in a deliberate attempt to damage her credibility.  As you  chose to make that claim in a public forum, that is where the proof of the claim should be produced.

So, Annie . . . where is your proof that Penny Wilson made a speech last summer in which she said that Anna Anderson was Anastasia?

You can post endlessly about all the grief you suffer on this forum, moving from thread to thread to renew attacks on people who are quite willing to leave you alone -- and have been leaving you alone -- when not provoked.  Yet you can never manage one single post answering this very simple question:  where is the proof of your claim about Wilson's speech?

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »
Binky is obviously someone's very rude alias whose pathetic attempts at humor fail miserably.

I like Binky.

Offline halen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
I read Blinky's past posts and I like him too. It is wonderful to laugh out loud.

Louise
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

When he shall die
Take him and cut him out into stars
And he shall make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »
Well call me wacky but I don't find snotty putdowns disguised as humor by someone who hasn't got the guts to say it under their real name funny. I've never laughed at any of his posts, whether or not they were directed at me or someone else. I just keep thinking, WHY is this person still allowed to get away with this?!

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 07:58:19 PM »
Because I like Binky too.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
Something is seriously wrong here. Binky is a troll who should be banned.

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:58 PM »
Just cause you got banned that time doesnt' mean you ought to keep trying to get everbody else banned cause you don't like them.  Maybe getting banned was real embarasing and hard to get over but you might ought to try becuase its got you all upset and kind of off balance.  If your not getting a lot of sleep it might help you calm down some.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »
I had always thought this was an academic forum with a very high standard of intelligence, maturity, respect and civility. What a disappointment to find out that moronic childish behavior, blatant insults and idiotic sock puppets are more accepted here than at boards run by 13 year olds. Surely there are more advanced forms of entertainment for 'smart' people such as yourselves.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Everyone needs comic relief once in a while. Binky is the least of the problems...

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »
I had always thought this was an academic forum with a very high standard of intelligence

Yes me too.  until I saw you started this thread to ask a question that Laura answered a long time ago and you started aksing it all over again like you couldnt of understood the answer the first time.  I'm sorry if this place isnt intelligent enough to you but maybe the problem is kind of more this thread that you keep starting up again.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »
I had always thought this was an academic forum with a very high standard of intelligence, maturity, respect and civility. What a disappointment to find out that moronic childish behavior, blatant insults and idiotic sock puppets are more accepted here than at boards run by 13 year olds. Surely there are more advanced forms of entertainment for 'smart' people such as yourselves.

I'd say that the most 'smart' and 'mature' people know when to lighten up and laugh at themselves. Binky is indeed the least of my headaches around here.  Satire is the most advanced form of humor.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »
There is nothing mature or smart about an insulting sock puppet. Binky's motives are not funny but intentionally malicious. I asked a simple question, (it was different because it was about posts and not PMs, and one trying to prevent trouble, not stir it) and I got bombarded with harassment. I could never understand the theory that abuse and insult disguised as humor is somehow 'funny'. Maybe if some of you were victims of it you might see what I mean. Binky's posts are not funny, not lighthearted, but blatant rudeness and personal attacks worse than things I've seen banned people do. This person's hiding behind pseudo-dimwittedness and alleged 'comedy' which is supposed to excuse it is pathetic, and the justification of it by others a disgrace. (not to mention hiding their true identity) You should all be ashamed of yourselves. And why is this thread not locked? If it was trashing Penny Wilson instead of me it would have disappeared long ago. What are you all waiting for, my next response so you can make fun of it? Well you won't have to worry about that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:53:23 AM by Annie »

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
If it was trashing Penny Wilson instead of me it would have disappeared long ago.

Annie, the last time I looked (a few minutes ago), the thread on FOTR in which Penny Wilson was repeatedly attacked is at 16 pages and is still up and running.  You really do have a problem with facts, don't you?

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
No, that was the third one. The first two mysteriously disappeared because Penny was losing. You may not have been here and seen it, but it happened. (deleted) Helen saw it and FA knows it, along with many others. That's what I was talking about. The only reason the third one stood (like the Monty Python castle in the swamp) is because it ended relatively favorably for her. So it appears YOU are the one who doesn't have the facts right.

Honestly, this entire thread should have been locked at the first sign of going off course and getting festered. We've been reprimanded for much less "OT" stuff and much fewer negative remarks. I can't see any reason to leave it open unless you all just think it's funny to mess with me, which is a disgrace, and far beneath the dignity of this forum.