Author Topic: How do you put someone on ignore?  (Read 50002 times)

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
Re: How do you put someone on ignore?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »
I only came into the FOTR thread on the last few pages.  It had been going long and hard before the tide began to turn in favor of the book and its authors.  I was aware that earlier threads about the book had been deleted, as they have in many other cases on this forum when the attacks became irrational and insupportable -- whether they had to do with Penny Wilson or not.

What you're missing here, Annie, is that while you have been thrashed somewhat, it has not been either irrational or insupportable, but instead brought on by your own behavior and complete inability to move on.  You just keeping searching for one crack after another through which to crawl back and start flailing at people who trounced your arguments and then moved on themselves.

Nice try on the Gapon thread, but no cigar, dear.  Again, you leave yourself wide open by an utter inability to grasp nuance or context in anything.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »

What you're missing here, Annie, is that while you have been thrashed somewhat, it has not been either irrational or insupportable, but instead brought on by your own behavior and complete inability to move on. 

Does this mean it's okay to treat people badly if, in your opinion, they 'deserve' it? Do you also beat people up if you feel they had it coming because of their actions? Oh come on. As far as my 'moving on', you do your best to make sure I keep coming back by laying down horrible insults and inaccurate information you know will make me mad. You REFUSE to take this to Pm, because you WANT to trash me in front of everyone for sport, and that is SICK. I tried PMing you, I got no response, of course. I have been by far the most rational and honorable person in this whole thing.

You just keeping searching for one crack after another through which to crawl back and start flailing at people who trounced your arguments and then moved on themselves.

Trounced my arguments? Oh I don't think so. I just shut up when Helen did and the thread was essentially over. In case you didn't notice, she wasn't even serious there at the end, so you won or 'trounced' nothing.

Nice try on the Gapon thread, but no cigar, dear.  Again, you leave yourself wide open by an utter inability to grasp nuance or context in anything.

What is the Gapon thread? What is Gapon?

Honestly, unless some of you take sick pleasure in it, this thread needs to be locked for the decency, dignity of civility of the whole forum.

TRYING AGAIN- if anyone honestly wants to talk to me and not just have fun pushing my buttons and getting a show on the open forum for your own entertainment, PM or email me.(not holding my breath, bullies have no fun without an audience)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
No, that was the third one. The first two mysteriously disappeared because Penny was losing. You may not have been here and seen it, but it happened. (deleted) Helen saw it and FA knows it, along with many others. That's what I was talking about. The only reason the third one stood (like the Monty Python castle in the swamp) is because it ended relatively favorably for her. So it appears YOU are the one who doesn't have the facts right.

This statement is quite incorrect. The "facts" are as follow:  The first two didn't "mysteriously" disappear.  I personally made the conscious decision to delete them. No mystery about it.  They had become so contentious, hateful, irrational, emotional and attacking and personal, and had lost all sense of reason.  The only way to hope to return to a reasonable discussion was to remove them and give people a "time out" on the subject.  It had nothing to do with "Penny losing" or anyone else "winning". How ludicrous and stupid.  The THIRD go around was allowed to stand because, guess what? People behaved (mostly) and had a civil (more or less) discussion on the subject.

Annie, the fact that ;you can still make this baseless and nearly paranoid statements is a strong reason why this thread is allowed to continue.

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »
I tried PMing you, I got no response, of course. I have been by far the most rational and honorable person in this whole thing.

Are you referring to your PM which began:

"For God's sake, shut up, you pompous ass. Your devoted defense of Penny is a joke . . . ."

I'll admit I didn't read all of it and then made use of the handy little ignore feature.  Was there more you wanted to say?

Trounced my arguments?

The FOTR thread is still up.  Others can read it for themselves and reach their own conclusions.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »
Actually, it was Lisa who deleted the first one, and you were originally unhappy about it, remember? I'm not the only one who knows this. You did say you deleted the second one because you got tired of the fighting. So why is this still up, it's fighting, too?!

Speaking of 'paranoid', I had to do a search to find out what a 'Gapon thread' was- it was a person, someone I had never heard of. In reading the thread I saw Tsarfan's accusation that 'a certain poster' who is too stupid to understand 'satire' alterted Lisa to it. This is FALSE. I had never seen that thread before in my life, and was not the person who reported it. Ask Lisa, she may not tell you who reported it, but she will know it wasn't me.

It's not that I'm 'too stupid to understand satire', I don't find it funny, especially when it's used to disguise REAL venomous intentions as 'humor', as "Binky" has been doing to me.

I have made every effort to just ignore this entire forum, but I can't leave with my honor on the grill. How can I stop defending myself when somebody keeps saying I was running away because I was proven wrong and don't like it? That's not true at all, I was not proven wrong, I am just sick of being abused by you guys and don't want to fight. We will NEVER agree so it just has to stop- someone must be the 'bigger' person. I am sick to death of the snide attacks on my sanity and intelligence. You all don't even allow that to happen to anyone else, not even AGRBear, as extreme as her views have gotten at times. There is no excuse at all for the treatment I have received recently, except that I am not a fan of Penny. Regardless of the reason, it really should not be happening- to me or ANYBODY else on a forum of integrity.

PS Tsarfan, if you read the whole  thing, you'd have had the answer to all your questions. Insults? Guess you can't take what you dish out eh? You closed your eyes and ignored all the rest like a baby with his fingers in his ears. You shouldn't have.

(the first two FOTR threads were much better than the last.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:04:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
Oh, I don't particularly mind insults, as they can presage fairly interesting discussions.  (Check today's posts on the Elections thread, where I was characterized as engaging in a battle of wits unarmed.  That rather punchy insult provided an opener for a fruitful line of subsequent discussion.)

I did not read your full PM, as its opening lines signaled little prospect that it would be anything other than an irrational rant.

And I posted that opener on the public forum for two reasons.  First, you  brought the PM into play on the open forum.  Second, its opening lines were an interesting contrast to your claim (or perhaps your self-delusion) of being rational and honorable.

Up until today, I would have found it curious that you have been a member of a Russian history forum for several years and still have not the slightest idea who Father Gapon was.  Few of even the most amateurish students of Russian history -- and particularly of the reign of Nicholas and Alexandra -- would not know at least the name of the man who precipitated Bloody Sunday and the 1905 revolution.  After today?  Well . . . nothing about you surprises me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:28:43 PM by Tsarfan »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »
Since you choose to avoid my PMs by putting me on ignore (everyone note he has no problem engaging me as long as it's for everyone to see) here it is in its entirety, as I saved it, typos and all: (I think you DID read it, since the first lines were the only rude ones, and that's all you posted- if you did truly hide to avoid my 'rant', you were indeed a baby with his fingers in his ears, but I think you just wanted to make me look bad, as usual)

For God's sake, shut up, you pompous ass. Your devoted defense of Penny is a joke, and dragging it into another thread- one where I tried to be civil- is OT and inexcusible. My answer was in my post 125 in the FOTR thread. I asked Arturo why he was allowing a speech about AA and denying the bones at his conference, since he had always been anti-AA, and his response was that 'all points of view were welcome' and she was welcome to give her speech even though he disagreed with it. Since it's well known that Arturo doesn't believe in AA, this told me her views in the speech were very different from his. He also told me that the opposing viewpoint was also welcome to be delivered if someone like the SEARCH foundation wanted to give it. Since it's well known that the SEARCH foundation doesn't believe in AA,  this also told me the speech was the opposite of their views. Why would anyone do a speech called "Romanov bones: who was AA" unless they were going to offer something different than what the accepted DNA tests tell us? Added to her LONG history of defending AA both here and on other sites, it's not surprising someone woudl draw such conclusions.

As to your other question, about the 'rape on the Rus', I also answered that by posting what FA wrote out of what was in the book compared to what actually happened. There were no 'leering guards' no 'abuse reaching a crescendo during the night', these things were, as Simon accuses me of, MADE UP STUFF. There is no evidence of this at all and in fact, as Helen points out, the words of the sources are very different. Now whether this 'abuse' was a rape or a severe ass kicking makes no difference, the point is, the story was sensationalized and sources actual words were altered to achieve a more desirable- and more exciting- storyline. I totally agree with everything Helen says about the book, and I can't understand why you and Simon, if you truly are on the side of truth and justice and history, would go to such great lengths to defend a book that does such things.

Now, I know all this is going directly to Simon and Penny, but at least it's not on the open forum for you to pick apart and attack. You only want to attack me and try to belittle and humiliate me in front of everyone, that's how you get your entertaintment, that's why you refuse to do the honorable thing and take it off the forum to PMs as I have. It's no fun if you can't try to make me look bad in front of everyone, or get some kind of undeserved vindication for your buddy Penny by taking pot shots at me. I am NOT going to play this childish game with you. I owe you NOTHING. I don't like you, and I hope to never speak to you again.

On Gapon- if I ever read his name in a book, it didn't stick. I honestly never saw the thread before you mentioned it. Lisa can tell you it wasn't me who reported it. It looks to me as if someone- not me- was doing a search of all Binky's posts when they found that. Who was it? It could be anyone. i am certain there must be other members and lurkers who are reading this junk we're posting and getting appalled, and perhaps wanted to check out Binky's previous posts to determine what kind of character it was before deciding who was right or wrong here. Unlike you and me, most people aren't going to comment, especially when controversy is involved. Very few have the stomach for it, and/or are afraid of ending up chastised and harassed like me. Anyway, I did NOT report the post, never saw it, and your accusation against 'a certain poster' (if that's me) is completely unfounded and false. I am innocent and you were paranoid. (though I do admit if I were you, I'd me my main suspect, but that goes to show it's not always the most obvious answer)

Now, in all honesty, FA, this has gone WAAAAY OT.

If you have anything further to say to me, please take it to PMs, or shut up. Someone has to be honorable enough to stop this fighting.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:12:51 PM by Annie »

Offline Puppylove

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
So this is what happens when Binky's feigned infantilism is allowed to go unchecked?
"The censor's sword pierces deeply into the heart of free expression." Earl Warren

"...and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »
My answer was in my post 125 in the FOTR thread. I asked Arturo why he was allowing a speech about AA and denying the bones at his conference, since he had always been anti-AA, and his response was that 'all points of view were welcome' and she was welcome to give her speech even though he disagreed with it.

For starters, I can find only two FOTR-related threads still on the forum.  Post 125 on one thread is by Helen A, and Post 125 on the other thread is by Louis Charles.  But no matter, since you have tried to explain yourself in this PM.

I find your reliance on that conversation with Arturo Beeche to be something of a self-serving stretch, to say the least.

In the first place, you say he was allowing a speech by Penny Wilson in 2007 "denying the bones".  What reason could you possibly have to assume that?  In Fate of the Romanovs, published several years earlier, King and Wilson very clearly stated they felt the identification of the bones found up to that point indeed indicated imperials corpses.  They felt the mtDNA conclusively established four sets of bones as imperial females and, while they found the identification of Nicholas' bones through DNA more problematic, they felt all other circumstances of the find dispositively proved them to be his.  So, unless you can produce evidence that Wilson ever  denied the bones -- in contravention of her own published work -- your claim that you had good reason to assume she was suddenly going to do so at the Eurohistory Conference is untenable.

I find nothing in Beeche's comments, as you report them, to suggest anything more than that he might not agree with everything Penny would say in her speech.  (That's what academic conferences are all about, in case you didn't know that.)  In fact, a much more reasonable interpretation of his comments would relate to the fact that in 2007 Wilson was expressing certainty that Anna Anderson was not Anastasia but still had doubts about whether she was Franziska Shanzkowska.  Did you ever consider that Beeche's comments about allowing disagreement might be in reference to Wilson's position on Schanzkowska, not on Anna Anderson?  (That is a rhetorical question.  I know you never considered such a thing, because it did not square with your pre-conceived determination that Wilson must have argued that Anna Anderson was Anastasia, because that is what you desperately needed her to have argued  in order to cover your ass on a sustained but insupportable attack you had mounted on that score.)

Now, Annie . . . chasing down one after another of your unsustainable arguments is moving from fun to tedious at this point.  So here's the deal.  I'm going to release a string of insults at you which you seem desperately to need in order to keep yourself juiced, and you can work through them at your leisure.  Since you've called me a pompous ass, I'm sure you'll be fine with this.  I'll get back to you when when I feel like it.

Here goes:

You're delusional, dishonest, unable to process coherent text or thought, pathologically unable to acknowledge error, and inexpressibly rude in never apologizing to an author for an unrelenting attack based on a false characterization of her views as "proved" by a speech she never  gave in support of such claimed views.

Bye, bye for now.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »
You are completely wrong in all your 'insults' about me, but of course you are only saying it to discredit me to others because you defend Penny. It's not even about the stupid speech and you know it. That was only an offhand afterthought that I didn't even consider important other than to show she was still on the AA wagon as late as last year. The real issue was the incorrect stuff in the book, the 'torch' and the long history of backing AA, all of that you conveniently avoid and try to bury by making a federal case out of something that doesn't even matter. You did it to take attention away from the real issues, just as you did in the FOTR thread, which was drug over here by you and never should have been because it's OT. It just ate you to death that I left that thread and refused to argue with you. Ironically enough, others see her as those things you called me and worse, yet you still like her. She has gotten her facts wrong, and has acted very irrational and childish, yet you defend her at the expense of trashing those who don't like her. But this thread isn't and never was about Penny. I could write quite a list of insults about you, Simon and Penny too, but I'm sure FA would jump in and yell at me, though for some odd reason your attacks of me are allowed to stand. It's not okay to insult anyone else on this forum that way, not even Bear, not even former and banned members, but it's okay to trash me. That is a disgrace to this forum and its moderators, regardless of it was me or anyone else in the world. Anyone who reads this thread can see I came here to ask a simple question to AVOID trouble, and I got jumped on, attacked, insulted, and the moderators allow it to stand. Again, all of you should be very ashamed of yourselves, and no matter what you all say or think of me, I hold my pride and dignity in knowing I'm not as bad as you are. What's behind all of this is that you and Simon want to get me hysterical and banned on this forum as  a favor to Penny, who has been banned from here in the past for being hysterical and outrageous. That's why the insults don't bother me nearly as much as you think, because I know you don't really mean them, you're just trying to discredit me. What does bother me is that my friends abandoned me in my time of need, though I had stuck up for them many times, and that the mods allowed it all to happen and stand. That is what hurts and that is what's unbelievable. If any 'apologies' are in order, they should come to me, not from me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:00:30 PM by Annie »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »
I think it's time someone put a cap on this thread, don't you, FA?