Author Topic: Question and survey about claimants  (Read 55532 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: Question and survey about claimants
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
TOPIC: "Who could have been (really) AA if she were not FS?"

I suggested a cousin and this is the  reason I'm asking about  the Wiscek family.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »
In a quick search of the surname Wiscek,  I found one family In  Poland under the surname ROMAN.   Cousins were Koblinska, Lipowski, Osowska, Czaplica....

Went over to the Polish nobility site 

http://www.szlachta.org/2lista_czlonkow.htm

and therein is a number of other old Polsih names.

People have been working on FS's father family,  but,  when working with DNA/mtDNA we have to follow the trail of the female line wich is Wiscek.

AGRBear
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 04:10:26 PM by AGRBear »

Offline zackattack

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »
Is there a real possibility that George Bush could not be President?

There is a slight possibility that he is his evil look-alike, substituted right after the election!  :o You know, kind of like in The Prince and the Pauper? That would explain quite a bit, wouldn't it?  ;) The same goes for the Queen of England, or whatever her official title is... You can't discount this minute possibility, can you? That 0.00000000000000000000000000001% chance. Kind of like the chance that AA could have been someone other than FS... like maybe one of the 19 missing Russian noble women who happened to be FS's sixth cousin...  ::)

So I am right and the odds that George W. Bush is not president of the United States, and that Anna Anderson is someone else other then FS, are roughly the same?

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:14 PM »
It appears that Zackattack doesn't know anything about the Wiscek family either. 

AGRBear

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »
I think it more likely that zackattack shares the general disinterest in this line of inquiry.

Your dogged chasing down of the Wiscek family tree implies several things:

• Anna Anderson was not Anastasia
  • the DNA indicates Anderson was connected to the Shanzkowska family
  • But she was not  Franziska Shanzkowska

Congratulations on finally hoisting yourself over those first two hurdles.  But now trying to erect a third hurdle just to keep yourself entertained seems rather pointless.

Yes, the Wiscek family contained numerous females.  Why does that almost universal fact about almost all families make this such an intriguing line of inquiry?  John F. Kennedy had male relatives, some of whom resembled him.  Are you really sure he was the one in the back of that car with Jackie in November 1963?  Who knows what Jackie and the Secret Service could have been covering up?  Shouldn't you be checking that out?

Tying up these discussions with pointless speculation -- and needlessly lengthening threads with long, long reposts of your earlier posts (have you never heard of links?)-- is really not very helpful to advancing legitimate historical debate.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:14:09 AM by Tsarfan »

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »
...[in part]....

Tying up these discussions with pointless speculation -- and needlessly lengthening threads with long, long reposts of your earlier posts (have you never heard of links?)-- is really not very helpful to advancing legitimate historical debate.

To advance legitimate historical debate,  one needs to ask questions and search for answers.

If AA was not FS then we need to discover the female line which carried/carries the same DNA/mtDNA.  And that is why I am asking if anyone knows about the Wiscek lineage. 

Does it bother you so much that the answer might result in discovering how it is possible that the DNA/mtDNA of AA could match that of Gertrude, nee S., Ellrick without AA being FS?  Why?  Does it matter if she was FS or some other person related Gertrude?   Afterall,  I believe all of us are  trying to discover the truth?   

Topic: Who could have been (really) AA if she were not FS? )

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »

There is another side to this discussion, and why it is appropriate here. Maybe, just maybe pursuing these other possible candidates will simply lend FURTHER credence to AA actually being FS. Isn't it just possible that investigating all of that list will lead to each one to be excluded? and as was said, maybe some new interesting and relevent information will come to light.

Sure, we know the Confederacy lost the Civil War. Does that exclude research into the events of the closing days of the battles? A slew of historians and fine minds would say it does not...

Annie, every single person who has posted in this thread has to a one admitted the substantial likelihood that AA WAS FS, so let them continue their discussion along that line. It is really becoming annoying.  As Simon so aptly put it, 'we get it".

FA

Some of us do  "get it"!

AGRBear

Offline Ra-Ra-Rasputin

• Knyaz
  • Another Anastasia claimant; the ears match exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2007, 05:19:56 PM »
Bear, I think you're taking this too far now.

I've entertained the prospect by saying it's remotely possible if we go back far enough in FS's family that there could be a very distant relative who could have been AA.  But we all know it's not true, and we all know that it's virtually impossible to go back as far as we'd need to in the Wiscek family tree to find someone who could fit the bill.

Not only virtually impossible, but rather pointless too.  The mystery's already solved.  Theoretically, yeah, it's possible.  But the point is, it's such a slight possibility that no one really cares enough to look into it, because it's just going to be a waste of time.

It's an interesting theory though, I'll give you that.  Maybe you could write a fiction book on that premise? And that's honestly not a joke- I'd read it!  ;)

Rachel
xx
'History teaches that history teaches us nothing' ~ Hegel

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2007, 10:26:40 AM »
Bear, I think you're taking this too far now.
 Maybe you could write a fiction book on that premise?

Heck, it could be a whole series of fiction novels on this theme, with a regular recurring character - an androgynous police inspector A.G.R. Beare. You could start with the JFK murder mystery (summary of plot: JFK was not really murdered, it was his look-alike maternal sixth cousin and there is mtDNA to prove it!), and then proceed to lesser known characters like FS.... Think about it Bear, it could be a lucrative proposal (not to mention hours and hours of great fun for you!).

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »
Okay,  let me, for the sake of this discussion,  say I'm going to write a book  [without  the JFK connection as suggested by Helen] that a cousin of Gertrude's   was  AA.   

To make the story as close to the truth so some of you poster won't chide me for not knowing my facts,  I still would need to know information about the Wiscek family because there would be the need for the match of AA's DNA and mtDNA with the Wiscek's for this thriller.

All kidding aside,  we should keep to the topic:
Who could have been (really) AA if she were not FS?

Until I have more information,  I'd better stop sounding like a scratched record stuck in a groove with the word  Wiscek  being  repeated over and over and over....

I have blue prints to view for the large addition to our house,  dogs who want to play ball and don't care how cold it is,  cats to brush,  clothes to wash,  and  about 134 message connected to my web sites to answer.....

AGRBear

« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 12:38:25 PM by AGRBear »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 21, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »
I'll put some things together on the missing girls as soon as I can -- but I will have to beg off for a few days at least.  Due to construction going on in my house, my books and notebooks are mostly packed away -- and indeed, a couple of the books I found info in I returned to inter-library loan, so I'll have to get them back.  But I will create a little spread-sheet presentation of these girls -- and I'll include photos if I can find any. 

Was wondering if this list will still be forthcoming? Curious to see the photos...

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2007, 09:07:04 AM »
I'll put some things together on the missing girls as soon as I can -- but I will have to beg off for a few days at least.  Due to construction going on in my house, my books and notebooks are mostly packed away -- and indeed, a couple of the books I found info in I returned to inter-library loan, so I'll have to get them back.  But I will create a little spread-sheet presentation of these girls -- and I'll include photos if I can find any. 

Was wondering if this list will still be forthcoming?

Well, it's beginning not to look like it...   Oh well.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:24:26 AM by Helen_A »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2007, 01:08:52 PM »
It's amazing how just the mention of the name Anna Anderson gets everyone's pannies in a wad here. What's going on?

What's a "pannie"  ???

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »
erm...that would likely be "panties"(knickers in a twist)...but you didn't hear it from me...oh,no... ::)...

Offline Amanda_Misha

• Boyar
  • Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home.
    • View Profile
    • George Romanov: An enigma
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
In my opinion she was a worker of a factory that I take an identity that he was not the hers single one by the inheritance and I title.
It was not Anastasia
"And now, remembering this man, I wonder how You, Russia, will wash away his innocent blood? Will you ultimately be able to redeem the death of Michael the Last?"

www.freewebs.com/georgeromanov