Author Topic: Kate Middleton  (Read 159655 times)

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton
« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2007, 09:35:16 PM »
Omggg boots with a shiny thong bikini! lol

Is she heading off to the U.S. yet? Or do you suppose she will keep her job at Jigsaw?

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline Taren

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • The Chick Manifesto
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2007, 12:57:15 AM »
Why would she come to the United States? It's not as though she has something to promote.

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2007, 04:21:12 AM »
Well supposedly Tom Ford offered her a job in New York. ???

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2007, 05:12:55 AM »

Is she heading off to the U.S. yet? Or do you suppose she will keep her job at Jigsaw?

What type  of store is Jigsaw?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2007, 06:21:27 AM »
It is a clothing store.

Here is the official site of Jigsaw: http://www.jigsaw-online.com/
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline Speedycat

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2007, 01:45:59 PM »
I have been reading a lot of articles about the split myself. For some reason it interests me greatly. I think it is because so many people were constantly saying it was a "certainty" they would get married, and now it has all fallen to pieces. I am sick of reading how "pretty and stunning" Kate supposedly is. She is definitely not ugly, but in my opinion she is rather plain.

And it won't improve as she gets older.

The lovely Isabella actually is "stunning" as the papers call her.

Her grandfather was the 6th Earl Howe, and her father has an aristocratic background as well, obviously from that surname. I would be more happy if they were to become a serious item, but not over the moon.

Chiming in a bit late on this on and also Off-Topic of Kate.  Is this Isabella a distant relation of the lovely Viscountess Curzon, Mary Victoria (nee Leiter) 1870-1906 daughter of the American Levi Leiter of the Marshall-Fields Department Store fortune?  It is odd because I was just researching her.  Looking for more info on her and her family as I was very taken by the lovely photo in the "Tiaras" book of Viscountess Curzon as Vicereine of India in the famous "peacock dress" by Worth.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:54:31 PM by Speedycat »

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »
I think not a blood relation as she (Viscountess Curzon) was not born a Curzon.

Isabella is dating Sam Branson, and she is not having any romantic attachment to William apparently, so it was all just speculation those rumours of them being together. :-\
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »
Speedy--I'm interested in Lady Curzon as well. We need to start a Victorian/Edwardian ladies thread.  ;) The book, The Viceroy's Daughters, is about her children. Lady Curzon's best friend, before she married, was the lovely Frances Folsom, wife of President Grover Cleveland.

"Lady Curzon designed the exquisetly rich and beautiful coronation robe of Queen Alexandra of England, from gold fabric woven and embroidered in the same factory in Chandni Chauk Delhi where she ordered all the material for her own state gowns. The factory owner said that she had the rarest taste of any woman he knew, and that she was the best dressed woman in the world--an opinion shared by other good judges."

As to her relationship with Isabella, here's what wikipedia says:

"Isabella is the second daughter (of four daughters and one son) of property magnate John Austen Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (himself of a family holding a baronetcy), and his younger daughter by his first wife Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon, herself the third daughter of the 6th Earl Howe). Lady Mary-Gaye, a well-known debutante in her time, is reputedly a banking heiress[2], and has been married four times, with issue from the first three marriages. (She is not closely related to George Curzon, once Viceroy of India and British Foreign Secretary, but the two share common patrilineal ancestry)."

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:16:45 PM by grandduchessella »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2007, 09:23:07 PM »
Speedy--I started a thread in Their World & Culture:

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php/topic,9451.new.html#new
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Harumi

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »
The House of Windsor has turned into some kind of tabloid joke! And it really, really irritates me because I wish to God that I can root for them, or defend them against those who say they are just a total waste of taxpayer's money, or what-have-you... but when William is out there blowing thousands of pounds into alcohol while so many others are starving, there is nothing I can say in his defense.

Well I think this figure is to be taken carefully.

Firstly, if such amount was spent, it was spent by William and a group of friends, so it doesn't say anything about his personal consommation. If ever the figure is true, it is a group bill and we have no way of knowing what amount William himself actually spent.

Secondly, does he actually pays for his drinks? I read an article in the Independent about Boujis (another favourite nightclub of William's) and it was stated that William and Harry drinks there for free because they bring publicity. I would not be surprised if it is the case at Mahiki too, especially since William's best friend Guy Pelly is the manager of the club.

Thirdly, even if William blew such extravagant amount of money, it would not be tax-payer's money, since he doesn't receive any, but daddy's money (i.e. Duchy of Cornwall). It would not make it right, but at least it's not public money.

Now, do you think Charles give William such a vast allowance? It is not a rhetoric question.

Offline Harumi

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »
Isabella is dating Sam Branson, and she is not having any romantic attachment to William apparently, so it was all just speculation those rumours of them being together. :-\
Yes, Isabella's sister went on record to say the rumors are baseless and a source of annoyance for Isabella.

Also, it has been said that KM isn't going to the US since she has been promoted within Jigsaw. However, I have no idea how reliable this information is. It seems rather suspect that she would be promoted within such short span of time, but who knows.

Offline Duke of New Jersey

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »
Secondly, does he actually pays for his drinks
Yes, good point Harumi.  These clubbers bring publicity to the clubs they get drunk at, I doubt Lindsay Lohan pays for her drinks! 

-Duke of NJ

Offline Duke of New Jersey

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2007, 10:58:01 AM »
Also, it has been said that KM isn't going to the US since she has been promoted within Jigsaw

I am guessing that Kate has brought publicity to Jigsaw so she was promoted.  I have never heard of Jigsaw before, but I now I have.  So they just saved money by not having to advertise.  When she was dating William, the place where the "future queen" worked would have become quite popular. 

-Duke of NJ

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
Yes it's true Kate did a big service for Jigsaw by making them more famous by working there.

It's interesting to think how at the start of the year, Kate was becoming more and more famous, and now I think she is gradually becoming noticeably less famous. I think she was aware this woud happen, that's why on the weekend of the split she bought at least one box full of all the papers, so she could remember the time when she was on the cover of all of them.

So Isabella and William are not secretly seeing each other. But that doesn't mean that William didn't want to have a relationship with her, it appears she turned him down for the far richer, and in some people's opinions better-looking Sam. Personally I prefer William's looks. :)

It will be interesting to see who ends up as William's next proper girlfriend, since it's apprently not going to be Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe.

As for William's alcohol expenditure, to me, it doesn't really matter where he gets the money from, his father or the taxpayer, or whether he is paying for his own drinks or the entire party's drinks, it is still bad behaviour to waste that much money, and it is not a good image that is being projected.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »
Has losing Wills driven Kate to take up smoking?
Prince William's ex, hard-partying Kate Middlton, appears to have taken up a new habit - smoking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=455703&in_page_id=1773

Kate Middleton may not be a royal in waiting any longer, but she's quickly developing a reputation as a princess - of partying.

The 25-year-old has been a regular at her favourite London night spots since splitting from Prince William, but that's not her only new habit - she appears to have taken up smoking.

Kate Middleton was out on the town for another night of partying

An open packet of cigarettes were stashed in her handbag

During a yet another night out at London's Boujis, Middleton was caught with a packet of cigarettes peeping out of her handbag.

Middleton, who made sure her behaviour was always fit for a Queen during her courtship with William, has clearly dropped her guard - and squeaky clean image.

It was a girl's night for Middleton, who arrived with her sister Pippa, and actresses Mischa Barton and Anna Friel also made a show at the club.

The accessory buyer for fashion chain Jigsaw looked stylish in a monochrome print dress cinched in by a thick belt and a black cardigan.

The younger Middleton opted for something more colourful, a coral and cream patterned wrap dress.

No doubt the girls were keeping an eager eye the crowd that night - both are single.

Pippa, a 22-year-old Edinburgh University student, split from her wealthy aristocratic boyfriend JJ Jardine Patterson in April after more than three years together.

It came just a week after the shock news that Middleton had parted ways with Prince William after almost five years of dating.

Middleton's party pal for the night was sister Pippa

I think Kate is looking quite gaunt. She is clearly showing herself now to not be future Queen material.