Author Topic: Kate Middleton  (Read 159644 times)

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2007, 05:29:26 PM »
Kate Middleton and sister Pippa paint the town red - with Stalin
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=455023&in_page_id=1770

Prince William's former girlfriend Kate Middleton was a surprise guest at the launch of Simon Sebag Montefiore's 'Young Stalin' at Asprey.

Many hoped her presence might signify a graduation from nightclubs to book launch parties. Middleton with her younger sister Pippa.

Kate Middleton introduces younger sister Pippa to her social whirl but swaps nightclub Boujis for a book launch

Other guests, including Sebag Montefiore's sister-in-law Tara Palmer Tomkinson and historians Paul Johnson, Andrew Roberts and Antony Beevor, sipped Margaritas.

Novelist Philip Kerr speculated what British football team Stalin might buy if he were alive today - and thought it would have to have the colour red in it to enable Stalin to differentiate himself from oligarch Roman Abramovich.

Kerr favoured Arsenal. Guests were amazed by the sight of an unidentified snogging couple. Happily, we can report it wasn't Kate Middleton.
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »
Where did you get that tan, Miss Middleton?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=454147&in_page_id=1770

She may have spent the week at work, but Kate Middleton looks more like she's been lazing on a banana lounge.

Prince William's ex sported an exotic tan when she arrived at London nightclub Mahiki ready for another night out.

Middleton seems to be working overtime to make her post break-up appearance especially head-turning.

Kate really loves a good knees-up

The 25-year-old hasn’t taken her foot off the gas since splitting from William last month, regularly partying with friends at the captial's most exclusive night spots.

But she had better be careful she doesn’t bump into him - Mahiki is a favourite haunt of William, too.

One person she may have encountered on her night out, however, is Mischa Barton, who was also at the Mayfair club.

Mischa Barton joined in the fun at Mahiki
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2007, 06:52:08 PM »
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2007/05/18/kate-middleton/ -Kate tops society hostesses' wish list

I wish she would do something about her hair. And that dress looks like a curtain. But she looks pretty good with that tan! At least in those two photos, she doesn't look older than a twenty-something. Thank God we haven't seen her in those boots again.
So she's a major partyphile now, hey? lol. Good on her. She is better off as an IT Girl than a queen.

And omg I want to read that book.

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2007, 07:08:17 PM »
I know bowellfiller does not care what I think, nor do I care what she thinks, however, to put it another way, why this obession with someone who is no longer even in the "royal circle?  What difference could it possibly make in anyone's life, except perhpas her own, WHAT she wears? Paris Hilton is at least going to jail to make her tlife newsworthy. Kate Middleton's dress & boots seem rather iirrerelvent
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »
I suppose it's because she's being hailed as the next-big-thing in fashion, or if not the next-BIG-thing, at least a fashionista- like all the other IT girls that people talk about. She's still very much in the spotlight, showing up in big events, and so her style kind of matters (erhmm...to me? lol). After all, she works in the fashion industry, and some young girls perhaps look at her as some kind of fashion inspiration.  :)
I wish she'd accept the job offered by Tom Ford! (If it is indeed true that he made such an offer.)

Offline Taren

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • The Chick Manifesto
« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2007, 08:44:51 PM »
I could see the relevance of a Kate Middleton thread when she was dating Prince William, but now that we know for sure she's not going to be the future queen, what's the point of posting about her this royals forum? Maybe some people are interested, but surely there are "next big thing in fashion" forums somewhere. She was the girlfriend of a royal at one time, but she's not anymore. Or maybe I should just open up threads for Koo Stark and Sabrina Guiness?  ???

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2007, 01:36:27 AM »
I could see the relevance of a Kate Middleton thread when she was dating Prince William, but now that we know for sure she's not going to be the future queen, what's the point of posting about her this royals forum? Maybe some people are interested, but surely there are "next big thing in fashion" forums somewhere. She was the girlfriend of a royal at one time, but she's not anymore. Or maybe I should just open up threads for Koo Stark and Sabrina Guiness?  ???

Well I think you could open up threads for them if you wanted to Taren.
The point of posting about her in this royals forum, is I think, that some people who are interested in Prince William may be interested in what his very recently ''ex'' girlfriend is DOING, not wearing. It was Scarlett who gave the fashion commentary, not me. Not that there is anything wrong with the fashion commentary at all. If everyone here has NO interest in KM, I guess I won't feel like I should post NEWS articles about her. As for the relevance of the thread, perhaps it should be closed, the moderator can decide.

and so her style kind of matters (erhmm...to me? lol). After all, she works in the fashion industry, and some young girls perhaps look at her as some kind of fashion inspiration.  Smiley
I wish she'd accept the job offered by Tom Ford! (If it is indeed true that he made such an offer.)

Her style doesn't matter much to me. However it is mildy interesting. After all, this is someone who apparently came CLOSE to being William's bride, well it seemed that way. I certainly don't look at her as some kind of fashion inspiration, and I am not a young girl, if you are refering to me.  ??? I honestly don't think KM would accept the job in the USA with Tom Ford, if it was offered to her, as she would be leaving behind her fame in Britain which surely it is clear she enjoys, and also she would be leaving behind her family and social circle etc.

why this obession with someone who is no longer even in the "royal circle?  What difference could it possibly make in anyone's life, except perhpas her own, WHAT she wears? Paris Hilton is at least going to jail to make her tlife newsworthy. Kate Middleton's dress & boots seem rather iirrerelvent

Really if you had any perspicacity, you would see that I am not focused on "WHAT" she wears. It was Scarlett who commented on her clothes, etc. There is nothing wrong with that either. If you are so UNITERESTED, don't read the thread, no one is forcing you to. I am NOT obsessed with KM, far from it. It makes no difference in my life what she is wearing, I just posted some NEWS articles about her which I saw, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing so. And by the way, your pathetic insult is rather a description of yourself, rather than having anything to do with me.

Obviously many people are interested in KM, including in what she wears, since she gets so much press attention. There is no harm in it.

So she's a major partyphile now, hey? lol. Good on her. She is better off as an IT Girl than a queen.

And omg I want to read that book.

I agree Kate, as an individual is better off as a so-called it girl, than a Queen, because it suits her more. However, the position of Queen is infinitely greater, for those who are suited to it!
You want to read the book on Stalin? When I saw KM there, I thought, what on earth does she have to do with Stalin?  ???
But I guess she was going for the social opportunity and to support her friend perhaps.  :-\

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »
Well nothing wrong with fashion... lol. I guess I'm just interested in Kate's style because I'm currently taking up Fashion Design and Merchandising, and since she's no longer William's girlfriend, it's the only thing about Kate that interests me now.  :D
And I do wonder what she's doing at the book launch... maybe she's interested in Russian history? ??? I don't know what course she took up in college, but I heard she got high grades. Or perhaps it was another social appearance. I have never heard of Pippa, though. I didn't know Kate had a sister. lol

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2007, 02:20:47 AM »
Yes, her sister was never really seen in public, not with Kate at least, and not in the press, until after the split.
KM studied art history. Maybe she has an interest in Stalin ??? but it is a social appearance. But if that is what she wants to do, then I suppose there is nothing wrong with that, she is entitled to choose that path.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2007, 03:42:11 AM »
Taren &  S_R, yep, a seperate fashion thread, perhaps. To include  anyone in these sort of pictures...scrutinizing evey thread they wear. Kate is just a peripheral to the Windsor story at the moment, after all.  Fashion is an interesting subject, but does it help solve world hunger? Historical significance?  It is fun and can be expensive, but is it relevent to today's everyday life? Most clothes these gals wear are for fun or to make a statement. I do not think the everyday woman/girl would clad themselves in them. The cost alone! Also, it is no secret that designers GIVE clothes to people who will be photographed, for whatever reason but especially the young and partying.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2007, 06:05:18 AM »
I believe the press is taking a wait and see attitude towrds Kate becuase tey have nothing else to write about at this time. It seems Kate sell newspaper and taboilds or the press would not be coverinh her almost every move,

Koo Starr retreated into the intimate world  of the true aristocracy and landed gentry after her break up with Andrew.  No one herard a peep.   The lady has class.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2007, 11:28:27 AM »
TBTW, you did it with the Woirth, etc. designs, why not with what the modern, young, RICH  gals are wearing now? Not the anorexic airheads like Paris Hilton- soon to be a jailbird- but the ones who can afford style and class at the same time? I know this drifts down to the common level of consumers, so why not see what they are wearing and why? I personally would find such a thread interesting, as long as the persons wearing this stuff are left alone  when it comes to their private lives.

Offline Taren

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • The Chick Manifesto
« Reply #372 on: May 20, 2007, 12:11:23 PM »
Well I think you could open up threads for them if you wanted to Taren.
The point of posting about her in this royals forum, is I think, that some people who are interested in Prince William may be interested in what his very recently ''ex'' girlfriend is DOING, not wearing. It was Scarlett who gave the fashion commentary, not me. Not that there is anything wrong with the fashion commentary at all. If everyone here has NO interest in KM, I guess I won't feel like I should post NEWS articles about her. As for the relevance of the thread, perhaps it should be closed, the moderator can decide.

Actually, I don't think opening up threads for the royals' ex-girlfriends would be appropriate -considering we're in the Windsors section and those women have never been, not currently are, and never will be Windsors. As I have eyes and use them to read posts on this forum, I saw who gave the fashion commentary. You're right -there's nothing wrong with fashion commentary or people who want to dress nicely. There are plenty of places where it would be appropriate to discuss the fashions of Prince William's ex girlfriend. I for one just don't think that place should be the Windsors section. I agree with Robert -a thread devoted solely to the fashions of Kate and similar women would be a nice idea.

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 20, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »
I agree as well

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 20, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »
One of you should go ahead and open a 'fashion' thread.   However, Kate Middleton - perhaps without the stress on her fashion - does retain a relevance to the Windsor board.   There is continued speculation that she will get back together with Prince William and that this break was engineered to take some of the external pressures off their relationship and give each of them breathing space.   The two appear to have reached a modus vivendi and there are people who visit the Forum who probably find this subject of general interest.

(I must say, I find this subject infinitely more relevant to the Windsor board than the execution of Sadam Hussein to the Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum).

tsaria