Author Topic: RUSSIAN POISONING  (Read 26233 times)

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
Re: RUSSIAN POISONING
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2007, 07:49:24 AM »
Thanks you for the infos. But omg, a gang murder- did anyone rush to help the victims?? That's really sad. :(
I have to agree with Helen_A, I think a tour group seems better for first-timers. I'll definitely join a tour group if I can persuade my dad to let me go. Russia seems like a very beautiful place, with its old palaces and all. And their culture is very interesting, too. It's just kind of sad how Russia is portrayed in the media right now (poisoning/mafia murders/Russian "nazis"/etc)- you get the impression that it has a dangerous and very unstable environment, even if most Russians (at least those who leave comments on youtube and other boards!) insist that they are very happy with the state of their country right now. I guess things aren't as bad as they say it is, and I do hope Russia continues its journey towards freedom (and hopefully any of the 13 or so cases of murdered journalists will be solved!  :-\).   

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2007, 04:19:32 AM »
Breaking News over here in the UK;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6678887.stm
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2007, 12:53:30 AM »
Gosh, Russia won't extradite Lugo-something.

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »
'Lugo-something' - Alexander Lugovoi at a press conference in Moscow today, claimed that Alexander Litvenenko was an MI6 agent and that the British Security Service tried to recruit him - Lugovoi - to spy on President Putin and his family.

Lets see the evidence...

tsaria

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2007, 02:15:46 AM »
I heard!!!! That's an outrageous claim. But I'd like to see the evidence on that one! And the evidence on the suspect as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian emigre Berezovsky (??) had something to do with it, though. He seems suspicious.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »
... And the evidence on the suspect as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian emigre Berezovsky (??) had something to do with it, though. He seems suspicious.

Indeed there is more than we shall be permitted to learn until many years have passed.

Margarita
  8)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »
Alexander Litvenenko was recruited by MI6 and was paid a retainer by the British Security Service of 2,000 per month - this has been confirme.

This information brings his murder into a completely new and different focus and could be the answer to the chill in British/Russian relations.

tsaria

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2007, 04:42:07 PM »
Tsaria, I too read this in The Daily Mail this morning......but how do we know it is true?  WHAT confirmed it?  His wife says it is not true.....so he must have hid the monthly money from her.

This death is the most distressing thing.....I have always believed that most of it we will never know.  Tho it does make an awful kind of sense if he was working for MI6. 

These Secret Services in all of the various countries certainly have one thing in common......they admit to NOTHING....ever. 

Arleen

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2007, 07:04:02 PM »
Alexander Litvenenko was recruited by MI6 and was paid a retainer by the British Security Service of 2,000 per month - this has been confirme.

This information brings his murder into a completely new and different focus and could be the answer to the chill in British/Russian relations.

tsaria

This detail (without specifying the income) appeared once in the media months ago and disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2007, 11:39:18 AM »
Do you believe it Margarita?   I know you have access to such good research.

A
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:41:27 AM by Arleen »

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »
Sorry for the slight change of topic, but to elaborate on the earlier discussion about feeling safe in today's Russia, in 2001 I spent three weeks mostly in S.Petersburg and 4 days in Moscow to visit my Moscow relatives. In SP I was staying in a Russian friend's (who at the time lived in Boston) girlfriend's apartment, on the fifth floor of a tall residential Khrushchev style tower from the sixties, not in best shape, on Manchesterskaya ulitsa in a residential area in a suburb but not that far from the center of SP. The elevator, which was extremely small and always smelled like urine, had a mind of its own and would let you off at certain floors, but not at others. I almost never used it. The building's main entrance's robust iron door had a security code pad on it. The individual apartments had heavy duty double doors, one made of wood, the other one of iron. I felt pretty safe in it, although my hostess, Lena, told me to hide my money and traveler's checks under the ivory keyboard of her upright piano. It required dismantling the keyboard with screwdrivers etc., every time I needed access to my money and then reassembling the whole thing which took quite a long time.
I never understood the necessity for it. Before I left, upon my constant insistence Lena accepted $250 from me for her kindly letting me stay in her apartment. Two weeks after I left, she used that money to buy a second hand computer and monitor. One day after her purchase, her apartment was broken into and not only the computer but also her boombox and some money were stolen. She said that sturdy looking double door was rather easily smashed. She had to replace it right away. It must have made a tremendous noise, it's strange none of the neighbors interfered. It's very likely that someone from the second hand store where she made her purchase was sent to take the computer back. We suspect that because otherwise no one had seen her carrying the computer home, and even if they saw her enter the building, no one could really know where exactly she lived in this three tower apartment complex with more than a hundred or so apartments. But the shop had her address and everything. Then I knew why she was so concerned about her safety. Luckily she wasn't home at the time of the burglary.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2008, 07:47:38 AM »
Just what "ramifications"  are you so terrified of, Tania? I see no panic in the streets here in London. I am still involved with Russia and no plans have been changed because of these events. The latest-objective- opinions and analysis of this incident points to a personal vendetta between business interests, using former agents.

I'm quoting Robert from a post of November 2006.   Who would have thought memories and bitterness could last so long?   What kind of example do these politicians and diplomats set?

The Russian Foreign Minister announced this morning that they will no longer issue visas to new British consular officials to work in St Petersburg or Ekaterinburg offices.   

The Litvenenko assassination's 'ramifications' roll on over a year later.   Russia had ordered British Council offices to close (however, not the St Petersburg Consul office - they seem to have changed their minds) because the UK will not back down from its stance in demanding the extradition of Alexander Lugavoi, British intelligence' number one suspect in Litvenenko's murder.

Where will this stop.   Will the Russian authorities ban tourist - even business - visas.   Now the UK depends on that nation for in excess of 40% of gas supplies.....

tsaria
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 07:51:48 AM by tsaria »

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2008, 02:28:21 AM »
Dear Tsaria,

Of all the people on the internet offering just sage and completenes of understanding Russia, you my dear outshine all.
I hope all is fine with you. I'm still fighting for my life, but what else is new ? Take care my dear friend. God Bless and Happy New Year !

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline historylover

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Writer and Editor
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2008, 05:59:28 AM »

Hello Tsaria,

I am surprised that Britain is so dependent on Russia for gas supplies.  I was watching a repeat of Helen Liddell's talk on Meet the Press on the ABC here in Australia. (She is the British High Commissioner).  She said that ensuring the security of Britain's energy supplies was extremely important to the government.  I was very impressed with her statement and the rest of her talk, but it sounds as though security is not being taken seriously enough at all!

Best,

Lisa
www.bookaddiction.blogspot.com