Author Topic: Diana Memorial Service and Concert, 2007  (Read 82833 times)

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Diana Memorial Service and Concert, 2007
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
Yes, they can -- I'm here!

If, as suggested by Chris, the princes are going to have the attitude "to hell with the public" then why would they suggest this concert in the first place?  I don't believe they would have such an attitude at all.  The echo of an empty Wembley Stadium is going to be loud indeed if they do not expect public support in this.

And although of course it's the princes' choice who attends -- both family wise and artist wise -- how can it be described as a private event?  It's not going to private at all!  ???

We can't state which members of the royal family William and Harry will want there either, because we don't know...

Grace, I didn't mean to suggest that the princes will take the attitude "to hell with the public".  That is my personal attitude. 

When I wrote that the concert is a private event - I did not mean it was not a public event.  I meant that it was neither a state event nor a royal event. 

If it were a royal event, than the decision as to guests would be HM The Queen.  If it were a state event, the decision would belong to the Queen and the Government.  Since it is neither, the decision about whether or not Camiilla attends should rest solely with five people.  Not the Times, nor the Mirror, nor the folks in the corner pub, nor the members of this Forum.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 03:30:05 PM by CHRISinUSA »

Viscount

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 07:44:31 PM »
Dear All,

www.concertfordiana.com - WATCH the interview by the 2 Princes.  They are amazing and clearly 1) love their mother and her memory and 2) good friends as well as brothers, being able to joke with each other quite naturally.  She would be VERY proud of them.

Tickets go on sale 13th December 2006 at 9am.

There will be a "simple" Memorial Service on 31st August 2007.

The Viscount

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 07:47:14 PM »
Yes, they can -- I'm here!

If, as suggested by Chris, the princes are going to have the attitude "to hell with the public" then why would they suggest this concert in the first place?  I don't believe they would have such an attitude at all.  The echo of an empty Wembley Stadium is going to be loud indeed if they do not expect public support in this.

And although of course it's the princes' choice who attends -- both family wise and artist wise -- how can it be described as a private event?  It's not going to private at all!  ???

We can't state which members of the royal family William and Harry will want there either, because we don't know...

Grace I strongly object!The Princes do not have the attitude "to hell with the public" at all!!!They rather have an attitude,and more,of reconcilliation,that is the key word,and should be,ten years on.Regardless what petty posters on boards or forums say/think,it's of no importance whatshowever,ever!And furthermore ,it is NOT a private event,you can buy your ticket too as of tomorrow morning 09.00AM GMT,so how private is that.

Lucien, please re-read my post.  I did not say this at all.

Viscount

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 08:00:12 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6171889.stm

The BBC state that HRH The Duchess of Cornwall WILL attend the Memorial Service on 31st August 2007.......... the anniversary of Diana's death.

Now if that isnt brave, I dont know what is !!  My hat goes off to her.  It will be very difficult for all.  The Princes say that both sides of the family will attend.

The Viscount

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 08:59:40 PM »
It may be wishy-washy of me, but I still don't think she should go to the concert. However, I'm glad that she's going to the memorial service and I do think it's brave of her as the usual hornet's nest will probably be stirred up and she'll take some criticism.

I guess, for me, the difference is that the memorial service will be supporting her husband and stepsons whereas the concert's focus will be on Diana.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Antoniam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 05:31:49 AM »
The only royals actually attending the memorial concert are William and Harry. From the official Prince of Wales site it states that the Queen, the Duke of Edinboroug, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Lady Sarah Mc, Lady Jane Fellows and Earl Spencer have been invited to the memorial service on August 31st and all have accepted the invitation. ( In their interview William said that both sides of their family were invited their mother's side and their father's side)

Camilla being at the memorial concert is just message board speculation.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 01:55:06 PM »
This concert will be and should be a symbolic changing of the guard.  Everyone should be invited.  However, the only members of the Royal Family who should attend are Prince Andrew (representing th old court) with the York Princesses, Willam, Henry and their dates Sarah, Kate and Ms. Davy. 

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »
That is a wise move.  The memorial service is a perfect, controlled environment for the "adults" to pay respects.  It allows Camilla to be seen to publically to honor Diana as the mother of her husband's sons, whilst at the same time nobody attending the concert avoids any possible public distaste at Camilla's presence.

Besides, the public just want to see the two young princes at the concert .... and anyway, it is quite uncomfortable watching the older royals attempting to "enjoy" a rock concert.  Remember the Queen's Jubilee concert?  I could almost feel the Queen and DoE's pain, watching their frozen smiles.....heck, even Edward seemed out of place.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 02:43:33 PM »
I see no harm in Prince Andrew and his daughters attending with Sarah.

Prince Andrew is a close freind of Elton John and I believe I read somewhere that Andrew was Diana's favorite brother-in-law. 

When Diana and Sarah were on the outs they always seemed able to "kiss & make up".  I believe Diana would want Andrew Sarah at the concert.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

ferngully

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 10:17:39 AM »
she'd better steel herself

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 07:15:43 AM »
I see no harm in Prince Andrew and his daughters attending with Sarah.

Prince Andrew is a close freind of Elton John and I believe I read somewhere that Andrew was Diana's favorite brother-in-law. 

When Diana and Sarah were on the outs they always seemed able to "kiss & make up".  I believe Diana would want Andrew Sarah at the concert.

TampaBay

i believe i read somewhere that diana grew up close to the residence where andrew grew up and that they used to play together as children... i think it was in the nicholas davies book but i'm not sure (i'm at work now)
'loving might be a mistake, but it's worth making'
ilya

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007, 08:07:12 AM »
Princes's William and Harry have a arranged for a memorial service for the late Diana,Princess of Wales,at the Guards Chapel on august 31st.

HM The Queen,TRH The Duke of Edinburgh,The Prince of Wales,The Duchess of Cornwall will attend as well as the sisters and brother of Diana.

The sermon will be held by the Bishop of London,Richard Chartres,who also is the Dean of the Chapels Royal.

Besides the RF many friends and representatives of Diana's numerous charities will be invited.The BBC will air the service live.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:09:19 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Leuchtenberg

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2007, 06:48:08 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6171889.stm

The BBC state that HRH The Duchess of Cornwall WILL attend the Memorial Service on 31st August 2007.......... the anniversary of Diana's death.

Now if that isnt brave, I dont know what is !!  My hat goes off to her.  It will be very difficult for all.  The Princes say that both sides of the family will attend.

The Viscount

Bravery, or in the Duchess' case, gall is not something she has ever been short of.  No doubt she will be relishing the opportunity to rub the world's nose in the fact that she got everything she has wanted and her rival got, well, death.

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »
I don't think Charles and Camilla should attend. But that's just me being totally childish. I don't know, I guess I'm kind of biased against them since I grew-up in the Theres-Three-Of-Us-In-The-Marriage phase and I just can't find myself sympathetic to Charles and Camilla. Camilla's a duchess now, perhaps even future queen, but Diana will always be the queen to me.
There, see. I'm getting dramatic now. lol
But if she plans to attend, maybe they can pull off some good PR for her, if she still needs it (don't they like her now over there or something?), to kind of prepare the anti-Camilla brigade into accepting her presence.

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.