Author Topic: Diana Memorial Service and Concert, 2007  (Read 83136 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Diana Memorial Service and Concert, 2007
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 12:25:25 AM »
According to the Times,Prince Charles will not attend the concert on July 1st.

Je Maintiendrai

Offline Noelle Royale

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 01:43:14 AM »
I do so hope Their Royal Highnesses do attend.It would be a sign of respect for the poor late Princess who is the mother of the future Prince of Wales and King. I think the Duchess wouldn't be too difficult to accomodate.She isn't really a spotlight stealer.All the attention will certainly be off her and on the Royal Princes.But,I do hope people would be nice to her.After all maybe,just maybe if Diana was alive today she might have forgiven her.But who knows?Infact I would like to see the whole Royal Family there.The one I would not like to see for the rest of my existence is Mohammed Al Fayed an Paul Burrel.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »
a very easy answer .. NO

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 08:45:55 AM »
No way. I wouldn't want to see them there. They made her life a living hell, so why should they attend? Camilla must be happy now, now that her dreams have come true, but really, she and Charles should just leave Diana alone. If they want to remember and honor her memory, then they should do so privately- to avoid offending those who still remember what Camilla was to Charles before she became Duchess of Cornwall.
I'd be a bit angry.
Ranting and raving aside, I just think that people/newspapers will focus more on the fact that Camilla was THERE, instead of remembering the life and accomplishments of Diana. I do hope that people will continue to treasure Diana's memory... Never forget. She was just the last real princess for me. :-\

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »
She certainly wasn't the last real princess for me. In fact, she was not a Princess when she died, which means she is not a Princess now.

What is the official line on this question - will C and C be attending? :-\
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

ferngully

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »
i think they will be

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 11:01:39 PM »
The event will be held on the same day that Crown Princess Mary's baby girl is christened.
"Cameo like profile . . . a lovely rose maiden and as pure as flower" - Lili Dehn on Tatiana.
www.tatianaromanova.piczo.com

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 03:51:05 AM »
Clarence House has already announced that C&C will NOT be at the concert for the late Diana, PRINCESS of Wales. It is a mute question. It has been in The Times and even the notorious Daily Mail.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 05:38:01 AM »
I'm glad they won't be attending - not out of any spite towards Charles and Camilla - it just didn't seem right that they should attend.  It would have been uncomfortable for them and also would have been a huge media distraction.  The concert needs no royals, in my opinion, other than Princes William and Harry who had the idea in the first place of this tribute concert to their mother.

There is apparently concern now that a Live Aid concert, to be held within a few days of the Diana one, has got all the current big names performing while the Diana one is a bit more "retro", i.e. more artists from the 80's and 90's etc. 

I thought the tickets were sold out anyway so I can't see why this would be a problem.  ???

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 11:12:07 AM »
I think they should push the thought of 'Diana was Charles ex' to the back of their minds and attend. Especially if their sons are doing it.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »
Princes William and Harry are not ''their sons" - they are just Charles's sons. Yes I looked it up a bit more, and C and C are not going, neither is the Queen. I think this is the right decision. It would have been uncomfortable, and provided an unwelcome distraction.
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »
I think they should push the thought of 'Diana was Charles ex' to the back of their minds and attend. Especially if their sons are doing it.

Can you explain why you think they should attend?  The sons are adults - they can do this on their own!  It's a celebration of Diana - not the royals!  She wasn't a member of the RF at the time of her death.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2007, 07:22:28 PM »
Plus, they would not like the music. If you saw the Party At The Palace at the Queen's last Jubilee, you would see how they were really struggling to bear through it. Cliff Richard was about their limit.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 05:53:45 AM »
I thought they would have like Cliff Richard, more than the others, more their era!  :)

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
Princes William and Harry are not ''their sons" - they are just Charles's sons. Yes I looked it up a bit more, and C and C are not going, neither is the Queen. I think this is the right decision. It would have been uncomfortable, and provided an unwelcome distraction.

Yes, that was what I meant!