Author Topic: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder  (Read 243690 times)

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
Re: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder
« Reply #870 on: February 21, 2007, 04:09:12 PM »
It hard to know were he got shot, since his body is missing (for 88 years, possibly gone by now, one as the grass and dirt) and that of many sources, say "shot in head twice", "Shot three times", etc and not every book I have read give the same detail.

But a boy like Alexei with his illness, doubt he lived being shot at in the head or not (or other limbs) that boy couldn't have not survived.

Poor Alexei, being put in a historical drama and paying the price with his life because of his parents.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:43:15 PM by Alixz »

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #871 on: February 25, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »
i know... i think its IMPOSSIBLE!
scientificaly impossible for a boy at that age and have a life threatening
disease like that and lived.
its just  no humanly possible.

but i do wonder where the body went.
maybe it just broke down after the acid pouring.
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Natasya

• I like Russia, history, and Russian history.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 25, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »
That's what I think is a possibility. Alexei was frail anyway, and the youngest, so his bones would be the smallest, and more likely to break down.
A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's prooven.
-Jean Chretien

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #873 on: February 25, 2007, 06:54:45 PM »
yeah thats what i always thought would happen
but i'm not a "bone" doctor. so i don't really know what happens! :-\
. Josh Groban .

Offline skitzo12

• umm yeah....
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #874 on: February 27, 2007, 05:01:37 AM »
by his age (nearly 14) he would have had fairly strong bones, if he was 8 or 9 that would be more realistic, but at that age, bones are quite strong, even for someone whom might not be full strength.
anyway, wasn't he nearly as tall as his father, as such im sure his remains would probably remain.
anyway, the fact remains, a hemopheliac is unlikely to survive gunshots, especially to the head, as for not trusting the accounts, not that suprising, the communist's were horrible liars.

Alixz

« Reply #875 on: February 28, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »
From the pictures that I have seen, Alexis was growing tall for age 14.  Boys grow more slowly than girls, but begin to get their height in their mid teens.

I always thought that the accounts of Alexis surviving the first volley and then being "finished" off by Yurovsky were odd in themselves. Or ironic.  Nicholas and Alexandra died in the first volley, but their sick and hemophiliac son survived and had to be shot again (maybe more than once) just to be sure.

Almost karmic   :-\

Offline James1941

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 01, 2007, 10:05:06 AM »
This is not so strange if we accept the several accounts the shooters have left us. All, of course, depends on this acceptance. Did they tell the truth? That is and has been debated. It would seem, that although each shooter had been assigned a specific target to aim at and shoot first, when the shooting began almost all of them wanted the "honor?" of being the first to shoot and kill the hated tsar and tsarina. Therefore all the shooters aim their pistols at the face of Nicholas and Alexandra, who died almost immediately. Thus, in most accounts, all the others in the room were either not hit at first or were only slightly wounded. Thus the shooters had to go around and try to kill them. In the light of this it is not so strange that Alexis wasn't killed immediately and had to be "dispatched" later.

And I agree with Alixz about Alexei's height. Since Nicholas II was only about 5ft 7in tall it wouldn't have taken the boy long to match his father in height. In fact I think that he had grown as tall as Nicholas was mentioned in one of the letters or diaries of the family in Tobolsk. There is a picture of the tsar and the heir sawing wood in the courtyard and Alexis is pretty equal to his father's height.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:08:21 AM by James1941 »

Offline skitzo12

• umm yeah....
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #877 on: March 02, 2007, 03:51:14 AM »
they would have aimed for the adults first, that and if he is sitting, they are standing, even if he is tall it's not unlikely he would have survived, even if for a few minutes at most, the unfortunate likely hood is that  second volley was quite possible, even as more of a precaution.
even from a more scientific veiwpoint, the noises may have been bodily reactions to a sudden death.
it's know for the body to release air and so on (exhale) after death, the jumpy guards may have mistaken that for signs of life.
as unpleasent as the whole matter is...

Offline Kurt Steiner

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 03, 2007, 03:31:07 AM »
even from a more scientific veiwpoint, the noises may have been bodily reactions to a sudden death.
it's know for the body to release air and so on (exhale) after death, the jumpy guards may have mistaken that for signs of life.
as unpleasent as the whole matter is...

Murdering is neither an easy task, and the killers woold be rather nervous, so it's not strange if they saw anything that wasn't there.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 03, 2007, 03:36:36 AM »
Death is a natural process.  Unless blown to bits, a body will go through convulsions. This could be spooky to some. Espcially to those doing the killing, I would think.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline tatianolishka_

• Boyar
  • What is history but a fable agreed upon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 03, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »
Well, here's what I think:

If Alexei was shot in the head, there is a chance he would have lived. BUT he would have bled to death. But all of that depends on where the bullet entered and the angle it was shot. If it entered around his ear, yeah, he'd probably be dead.  If it was lower down, perhaps alive. But with no medical attention he's dead. Now, the theories of survival include: Yurovsky lying, blanks fired instead of bullets, switched with someone, not there, etc. Though the accounts say Alexei was there, so we can rule out Yurovsky lying and Not there. Switching with someone would be pretty difficult, even with Sednev (who was two years younger than Alexei). So that's in the garbage. Blanks fired instead of bullets?

Once again, I don't know for certain. I just watch a lot of medical shows involving gunshot wounds.  :)

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #881 on: March 03, 2007, 09:52:49 PM »
yes i agree!!!
and remember there were boyonettes, along with being shot in the head, shot everwhere else, and stabbed!
i highley doubt that a boy at his age with hemophellia (sp) could have survived that!

true, the gaurds were probably to scared to notice anything, but that doesn't explain the missing body!
i mean... if the body did fall out of the truck, and it was mine was dug up 3 days after
the body wasn't completely decomposed of yet? so they must have seen some bones or somthing.
. Josh Groban .

Offline Zanthia

• Boyar
  • "She always made other women look common"
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2007, 03:51:17 AM »
By the way, only they had guilt in their dying agony.

I'm not sure I understand that phrase. What does it mean exactly?
Of Alix: "I was raised in an age of beautiful women, and the two most beautiful was the Empress Elisabeth of Austria and my own mother"  George V

"We've invited all the beautiful women we know, but the Princess of Wales in the most beautiful of them all"  Bertie

Offline skitzo12

• umm yeah....
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #883 on: March 05, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
yes i agree!!!
and remember there were boyonettes, along with being shot in the head, shot everwhere else, and stabbed!
i highley doubt that a boy at his age with hemophellia (sp) could have survived that!

true, the gaurds were probably to scared to notice anything, but that doesn't explain the missing body!
i mean... if the body did fall out of the truck, and it was mine was dug up 3 days after
the body wasn't completely decomposed of yet? so they must have seen some bones or somthing.

didn't they bury the corpse in a different part?

something abouth trying to get rid of the body by using acid, but it failed

which if buried elsewhere, even with acid on it, the bones may have broken down faster, thus making it harder to find.

who knows, as i already said, the communist are not exactly known for being particuarly kind or thruthful.

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #884 on: March 05, 2007, 08:49:54 PM »
what i've heard was

that they killed the IF and stripped them, and then threw them down a mine shaft
that didn't work, so they threw acid on them, didn't work, and i think they buried them somewhere

i don't know if that is how the story goes lol! (excuse computer slang)

but im quite certain that they might have noticed bones disembodied parts!
i mean no matter how bad the conidition!
i mean obviously the acid didn't work.
. Josh Groban .