Author Topic: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder  (Read 259560 times)

Offline tatianolishka_

• Boyar
  • What is history but a fable agreed upon?
    • View Profile
Re: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2007, 11:08:18 AM »
Whoa everyone! We're talking about Alexei being shot in the head and the possibility of survival, not about Anna Anderson or anything else. Can we please keep on topic?

Thank you.

Now, if Alexei DID survive the initial volley, and was shot twice on the side of the head, it is possible that Alexei spent several minutes, perhaps more, in pain but still alive. But in the end, the bleeding in the brain would cause pressure and he would eventually die.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:10:49 AM by tatianolishka_1 »

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 21, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »
I think Binkys a fake or a previously banned member personally. All this "people this..people that". No offence intended.
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 21, 2007, 12:01:19 PM »
I don't understand about me faking something.  All kinds of people call themselves angels and bears and and tsarinas and duchesses and king's names and other stuff on this board but I don't think they are any of those things.  But I don't think it makes them fakes.  And people say they are related to all kinds of people nad have famous friends but no body ever proves it.  And all kinds of people may talk about things they dont' really believe in about being real Romanovs just because they want to feel important or maybe want to sell something.  I guess that makes them fakes but they write this stuff anyhow.

Offline RichC

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 21, 2007, 12:32:37 PM »

Since you have all the material around you,  I would have appreicated that you would have directed  me toward the different sources yesterday. Maybe,  you could have quoted a line or two from those sources since many poster do not have all these books on their book shelves. 

AGRBear

Here's a quote from the Crawford biography:

"No wire hangers!"

Offline jehan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:46 PM »
I

It is my understanding that only true Romanov female decendants were given this Medal at the time of their Baptism.  If this is true, then I guess my question is, why all the fighting from the under-relatives when there is still a direct family member still alive?

I think that this is the original question, which you claim has not been answered.  Well, in the unlikely event that this child actually existed,(despite the fact that she appears in no family record, surviving photos, letters or any contemporary reference, and there would have been absolutley no reason to keep her existence a secret, given that her brother was aknowleged),  she would have been illegitimate.  Therefore she has no claim to any throne or title as head of the family, and only a dubious claim to any hypothetical fortune.  As others have pointed out, her "mother" died in poverty.  So what exactly would she be claiming?
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. 
(leonard Cohen)

Offline RichC

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 21, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »

I think that this is the original question, which you claim has not been answered.  Well, in the unlikely event that this child actually existed,(despite the fact that she appears in no family record, surviving photos, letters or any contemporary reference, and there would have been absolutley no reason to keep her existence a secret, given that her brother was aknowleged),  she would have been illegitimate.  Therefore she has no claim to any throne or title as head of the family, and only a dubious claim to any hypothetical fortune.  As others have pointed out, her "mother" died in poverty.  So what exactly would she be claiming?

Very well-reasoned answer here; but that's, unfortunately, the very problem with it.  I mean, this person (Masters) is either a jokester or someone who belongs in the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Masters "story" is so ridiculous (it's not even coherent) the only honest response I can think of is ridicule.  (see below)

All that aside, I've done some checking myself, with my own very highly placed sources (the White House, if you must know) and I can announce that "Masters" is in reality, Dr. William Masters of Masters & Johnson fame.  Masters divorced his wife and faked his own death in 2001 in order to prepare the way for "Nicolina's" granddaughter to rise up and become the next Empress of Russia.  Putin, Bush and Oprah have already signed off on the deal.  Angelina Jolie has optioned the movie rights.

I SWEAR TO YOU THAT THIS IS ALL TRUE AND CHALLENGE ANYBODY TO PROVE THAT ANY OF IT IS UNTRUE.  JUST WAIT, YOU'LL SEE!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 21, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »
A further note on the Order of St Catherine. Only Grand Duchesses were given the order at birth. Princesses at age 16.   ALL 115 recipients during the reign of Nicholas II are listed in the source book RUSSIAN IMPERIAL AWARDS SYSTEM by Tillander-Godenhielm [Helsinki 2005]. The records speak for themselves.
 I think I am with RichC. This is just a hoax to keep us on our toes.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #982 on: March 21, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »
$176  for a used THE GRAND DUKE'S WOMAN by Pauline Gray!!!!

Don't think I'll have my hands on it  in the next few days and will wait for  a library loan from some distant library who might have it.

AGRBear

"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 21, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »
Bear, I think the SF public library has it. I knew it can be hard to find but no idea it goes for that much.  Up the insurance on my library!
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #984 on: March 21, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »
Bear, I think the SF public library has it. I knew it can be hard to find but no idea it goes for that much.  Up the insurance on my library!

Robert, maybe you can loan your copy out to Bear, for the sake of academic research  ;). You live in the same town after all...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:47:08 PM by Helen_A »

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 21, 2007, 04:22:14 PM »
Oh that would be nice of Robert Hall because AGRbear is always saying how she likes to read new stuff since she needs to find out the truth that her old books don't always have.  I can see why she doesnt' want to go the library in San Francisco though becuase if they had a earthquake all those books could fall every where and on her too.  that many books is kind of scary even if your'e not trying to really read them.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 21, 2007, 04:23:52 PM »
You have got to be kidding ???

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 21, 2007, 04:28:04 PM »
this is a thread for academics ? so how many toes should we be counting, and just who, or is it whom, are those people, anywho whom are into academics ? I don't know about academics, but there sure are some stories being shared here...and there...but I keep getting lost with the cast, like just who is binky, pinky, and who ? Now we have it centered on that some know who some are here on the site, but there is question, on others  and their validity. I of course, am, decended from a royal house that is confirmed, and now just at present, a lowly commissioner, but as to others, that is still to be examined. I can be validated by a mug shot in our cities files. There, now, how say all of you, just who are you?  lol Ya'all got to identify yourself legally. Only one membership per person allowed here on AP!

Rich, I love the picture of your dog, he is a great looking dog!

Tatiana+
P.S. Binky, you have been reading too much on the Wizard of Oz; Earthquakes have been happening in the East Bay, not SF ! :)
TatianaA

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #988 on: March 21, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
Oh that would be nice of Robert Hall because AGRbear is always saying how she likes to read new stuff since she needs to find out the truth that her old books don't always have.  I can see why she doesnt' want to go the library in San Francisco though becuase if they had a earthquake all those books could fall every where and on her too.  that many books is kind of scary even if your'e not trying to really read them.

I love Binky!  :-*

Offline Binky

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 21, 2007, 06:29:38 PM »
this is a thread for academics ? so how many toes should we be counting, and just who, or is it whom, are those people, anywho whom are into academics ? I don't know about academics, but there sure are some stories being shared here...and there...but I keep getting lost with the cast, like just who is binky, pinky, and who ? Now we have it centered on that some know who some are here on the site, but there is question, on others  and their validity. I of course, am, decended from a royal house that is confirmed, and now just at present, a lowly commissioner, but as to others, that is still to be examined. I can be validated by a mug shot in our cities files. There, now, how say all of you, just who are you?  lol Ya'all got to identify yourself legally. Only one membership per person allowed here on AP!

Wow I know just waht you mean Tania!