Author Topic: In Memorium  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
In Memorium
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:27:57 PM »
My apologies to those of you whom have not heard from me of late. I am battling illness that seems to have a heavy hold on me, and don't seem to lessen at all. I spent Christmas, as much as all of the previous days of the last two months in bed rest. For me this is becoming normal, but for the most part it is a difficult one in as much as it is slowly stealing my time and connect to the outter world more and more. This is something I have and or am slowly coming to accept.

Unfortunately, what was a terrible blow to our family and to my daughter most of all, was the news we received this last Friday evening. Her best girlfriend's husband was killed by an escaped felon with one shot to the throat, and another to the head. He was claimed brain dead. He was just 28 years of age. They were married just two months ago, and both were officers in our cities police department. [His father was a police dispatcher; his wife is a policewoman, her father is a police officer, as well her step father] The police officer killed of course worked the most dangerous of these police positions as an undercover police person. This young couple were planning their lives, and making plans for their first Christmas. His wife more than devestated, of course. Her husband was killed on the same day his father had died, ten years earlier, and one hour later. Friday is the funeral, and I understand it will be held in one of our cities largest cathedrals, and those in law enforcemtent will attend from around the nation. I'm sure it will be of positive support for his wife, and the husband's mother and sister. I have been asked to attend. I will attend. It's the least I can offer in remembrance, and as support to the family.

In today's world, I suppose not much is offered in thanks to all of those brave police personnel whom give their time, their energies, and their lives, to serve our cities, and to that of all our citizens at any age. I just want to offer my small words here in memory of Officer Bryan Tuvera, and for all the generosity he, and so many others continue to offer to make our cities safe from harm each and every day of our lives. It is a high price to pay and their are no adequate words enough to say thanks for all they do.

Thank you for allowing me to express my sorrow and thoughts here with you. God Bless !

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: In Memorium
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:18:49 AM »
Dear Tania

Firstly, sorry to learn of your health difficulties.   I know how much the Forum means to you and how it can, for a few moments, transport you away from the pain and disability you have to endure.   I hope it helps, just a tiny little bit, to know we (I know I can include many others here) think of you and remember you in prayer.

What a tragedy for Officer Bryan Tuvera and his loved ones.   There is no explanation and little anyone can say in such terrible circumstances.   His family's lives are blighted forever.   Christmas and New Year will always be times of great sadness for them.   The murderer has destroyed so much more than this brave young man's life.   In the UK our police forces are not armed (apart from airports and on terrorist duties).   Only this last week three men have been given life imprisonment sentences for the murder of a woman police officer.   This mother of five was shot dead a point blank range and her colleague critically injured.   You are quite right, Tania, to remind us of the bravery of our police officers.   They never know from one shift to the next just what they will have to confront.

With condolences to your daughter, her friend and family.

Officer Bryan Tuvera - may he rest in peace and rise in glory.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:28 PM »
Dear Tsaria,
Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately, my health issues continue, and I am trying as well with my neurologist to find answers. All we can do is offer our best to God above. Indeed this forum has allowed me to grow, plus find a voice, so it means much to me. I am indebted to the many who have given me support, as well, continue to be keep me informed, and involved.I am more than thankful to all those who are kind enough to remember me in their prayers, and continue to keep all of you in my'n, daily.

It has been a nightmare for this family of Bryan Tuvera his loved ones, fellow officers, friends. The vigil, and the funeral was something I won't soon forget. Over 3,000 people came to honor his person. Our Mayor Gavin Newsom, as well as Whip member of The House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, as well as other noted dignitaries. Officer Tuera's wife, mother and sister were of course the bravest women I have seen to date. In their grief, they still held fast to hope, and offered uplift and peace to all assembled. If no one knew Bryan personally, after the eulogies offered, I'm sure everyone after, felt they did know him. In time, I am sure the family will be able to join in and with their communitie and offer themselves even more. They are an extraordinary family, and have much to offer. Our family is lucky to know them.

I am understanding of and about law enforcement in England. Knowing that most officers do not wear any safety gear even to ward off attacks, is to me a bit distressing. Now days, the world is even more dangerous and one never knows what to expect from anyone. The police personnel in the UK I think are very brave. My hat is off to their extraordinary bravery, and of how they continue to serve the countless citizens and commuities throughout the UK.

How sad to to hear that these criminals killed a woman police officer. Poor children to have to hear that their mother was killed. I can't bear to hear such news. Prison is the least these criminal killers should receive.

Again, I know first person how many officers step forward in our city to make sure our lives are kept safe. I know our Chief of Police, and District Attorney and both these fien ladies, are tireless in their relentless pursuit to make sure these criminal elements are swept off of our streets. Mayor Newsom as well is fighting to make sure that our city is and will not be beseiged by these criminal elements. He is working to gain more police personnell.

I shall indeed pass on your kind condolences to Bryan's wife, Salina, and her family. I am sure they are most appreciative of all whom care enough to share their condolences.

Thank you again Tsaria. May the New Year ahead, be brighter and with less violence everywhere, and more work in offering the blessings of lasting and abiding Peace ! God Bless to you and yours.

Tatiana+

TatianaA

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/dates/2007/jan/31/william-m-sigua/
 A good friend's kid brother...died in Iraq last month. We just found out. Very sad, as is any unwarranted death.
 I do not ask so much for prayers, but a little lit candle would be appreciated- for all those lost..."Do not curse the darkness"
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »
Robert, my condolences to you, your friend and his family. And thank you for the link. I read sad notices such as this one daily in my Los Angeles Times. Since this war is being paid for via my tax dollars, I feel it is imperative that I read and learn about each man and woman who has become a casualty. 

To quote John Donne, "Every man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind."

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »
So sorry to hear about your friend's brother, Robert. :'(  Each of these deaths hits home even when we don't have a personal connection to the person. Like Janet, I look at the names, and faces if possible, of those who have died. The Washington Post has a site that you link to is one of those sites that makes this available. About half of the deployments that have come up for Bob's rank and position for the next deployment cycle (May-Sept) are to Iraq. Bob is due to deploy again in the Sept-Jan cycle. All the soldiers, sailors, Marines, Airmen and civilian employees--not to mention their family and friends--are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
My sincere sympathies for your loss Robert.

We are all affected by the sacrifices which our troops in the coalition endure on our behalf.

Every loss must never be forgotten.

Margarita
  :(

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/dates/2007/jan/31/william-m-sigua/
 A good friend's kid brother...died in Iraq last month. We just found out. Very sad, as is any unwarranted death.
 I do not ask so much for prayers, but a little lit candle would be appreciated- for all those lost..."Do not curse the darkness"

Robert,
I have lit a candle for your friends brother and send my deepest sympathies to all.
Lexi
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Dear Robert,

My sincere condolences to your friend, his family, and to you. I know how difficult it is to lose a loved one, more so a very young life.
A candle continues to offer light for your friend's brother, and for all the loss of life of those courageous soldiers who go into battle.
May we all continue to remember their lives, and continue to offer in peace all that war cannot.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline catherine

• Jesus Loves You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:56:36 PM »
I am very sorry to hear that you are ill  and of youre friends death.  Sometimes we dont understand why things happen like they do but God will give you the comfort and strength that you need if you turn to him. We look at a glass darkly now.  There is light at the end of the tunnel. May God give you peace and comfort at this time and the families of those who have died.
                                                                              Catherine

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:25 AM »
For the last three weeks my mother-in-law fought a long and final battle against ovarian cancer. The last three weeks she lived only on water, no drugs, and of course prayer. We learned just about twenty minutes ago, she passed away. I thank all of the AP Members and visitors who were so kind as to make inquiry about her over this past year. Thank you.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »
Dear Tania

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

For your mother-in-law - there will be no more suffering, no more pain - only glory.

tsaria

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »
Tania, please know that my thoughts plus the thoughts of so many others are with you and your family. Those of us who have experienced this "long goodbye" with our own family members are especially aware of what you have gone through and are now experiencing. We send you our prayers for strength and, ultimately, acceptance.   

Janet W. 

Alixz

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »
Dearest Tania,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my mother in law in much the same way almost three years ago.  She died on July 3, 2004.  She was in bed and on feeding tubes etc.  My father in law and my husband and his sister were sitting in the kitchen trying to decide if it was time to remove the feeding tube and my mother in law passed gently away.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Alixz

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 03:43:06 PM »
Tania,

No words I speak will subdue the pain you must feel. But, please know that my prayers and thoughts are with your family and you as well. Please except my condolences.

Jay