Author Topic: Truth or Fiction in Hist.Bks About Yrs 1912-38  (Read 19402 times)

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Truth or Fiction in Hist.Bks About Yrs 1912-38
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2005, 02:47:41 PM »
Although I know it's not true, I remeber reading that Queen Victoria, approved of the marriage & even pressured Alix to marry Nicholas. But if I remember right Kaiser Wilhelm & Ella encouraged the match. I'm also a little confused that I remeber reading that some of the Romanovs were pressuring Alix to marrying Nicholas, but I thought the Romanovs weren't too thrilled about the match.

Offline dobrinin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »
I dont understand where is the beef? Lenin said once, that the world is better when the last capitalist is hanged with the guts from the last bishop. Is there really some difference if the command to kill Romanovs came from Lenin or from some of his deputies?

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2005, 10:21:15 AM »
Although I know it's not true, I remeber reading that Queen Victoria, approved of the marriage & even pressured Alix to marry Nicholas. But if I remember right Kaiser Wilhelm & Ella encouraged the match. I'm also a little confused that I remeber reading that some of the Romanovs were pressuring Alix to marrying Nicholas, but I thought the Romanovs weren't too thrilled about the match.

Queen Victoria did not want, I repeat did not want, Alix to marry Nicky.  This is documented in letters between Queen Victoria and Alix's oldest sister, Victoria Milford Haven.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline C.J._Griffin

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • Red Holocaust
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2005, 04:20:58 PM »
I dont understand where is the beef? Lenin said once, that the world is better when the last capitalist is hanged with the guts from the last bishop.

Supposedly Gus Hall said something similar to this:

Gus Hall, General Secretary of the Communist Party, USA, told Americans what to expect when the Communists take over. Speaking at the funeral of Eugene Dennis in February 1961, Hall said:

"I dream of the hour when the last Congressman is strangled to death on the guts of the last preacher and since the Christians love to sing about the blood, why not give them a little of it."

Is there really some difference if the command to kill Romanovs came from Lenin or from some of his deputies?

Not in my opinion. We know that Lenin gave orders for the public executions (by hanging usually, so the public could better contemplate the corpses) of rich peasants, priests and landowners (he would dehumanize them as "bloodsuckers," "insects" and "lice"). This has been documented in historical works such as Lenin: a New Biography by Dmitri Volkogonov and The Unknown Lenin by Richard Pipes. To me, the wholesale murder of people because of their beliefs and/or class status is more despicable than the murder of a deposed autocrat and his family.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by C.J._Griffin »