Author Topic: Do you feel Anastasia's tragic death is somehow cheapened by Anna Andersen?  (Read 22325 times)

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
There have only been 2 people on this earth in general, who have actually made real progress in the quest to find Anastasia's and Alexei's remains. And I truly hope with all my heart that in the end they will be successful with their endeavors.

The S.E.A.R.C.H. team hopes that this year will be a success to bring full closure for all. Your heartfelt wishes are appreciated.

Margarita
  :)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Bob_the_builder

There have only been 2 people on this earth in general, who have actually made real progress in the quest to find Anastasia's and Alexei's remains. And I truly hope with all my heart that in the end they will be successful with their endeavors.

The S.E.A.R.C.H. team hopes that this year will be a success to bring full closure for all. Your heartfelt wishes are appreciated.

Margarita

I wish you all the luck Belochcka. where are you guys going to be searching? Are you planning on searching near the Four Brothers mine? Some reason, I just don't think that they are near Pig's Meadow as Yurosky claimed. I mean, that's where he said they would be, but there's no trace of them there it seems. Maybe he really buried them elsewhere. I just hope you can find the bodies so that all the lingering doubts in the back of my mind can be settled.

Bob_the_builder

Oh, and as for the topic, I absolutely do not think Anastasia's death was cheapend by Anna Anderson. Anastasia would have loved Anna Anderson and been very thankful I think because it's because of AA that all of the films and books called "Anastasia" were made.

Offline Isabella

• View Profile

Margarita

I wish you all the luck Belochcka. where are you guys going to be searching? Are you planning on searching near the Four Brothers mine? Some reason, I just don't think that they are near Pig's Meadow as Yurosky claimed. I mean, that's where he said they would be, but there's no trace of them there it seems. Maybe he really buried them elsewhere. I just hope you can find the bodies so that all the lingering doubts in the back of my mind can be settled.

Yes, I wish all you guys luck! I hope it all is successful.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile

Margarita

Yes, I wish all you guys luck! I hope it all is successful.

Thank you for your good wishes. Unfortunately this year's search has been now been postponed, but I have been firmly assured by Peter Sarandinaki that the expeditions will continue until the remains of the two children are found.

Margarita

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
FS/Anna was 'robbing the dead' when she stole Anastasia's identity.  Since the real Anastasia was gone there was nothing she could ever do to reclaim her identity.  We can all be grateful that FS/Anna is totally discredited now.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
FS/Anna was 'robbing the dead' when she stole Anastasia's identity.  Since the real Anastasia was gone there was nothing she could ever do to reclaim her identity.  We can all be grateful that FS/Anna is totally discredited now.

Indeed it was cruel what a stranger did to the memory of Grand Duchess Anastasia.

Margarita

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Oh, and as for the topic, I absolutely do not think Anastasia's death was cheapend by Anna Anderson. Anastasia would have loved Anna Anderson and been very thankful I think because it's because of AA that all of the films and books called "Anastasia" were made.

As if!!! It was a wicked thing to do. Not only to Anastasias memory but the also the grief it caused her surviving relatives, espeically poor Olga.
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile

As if!!! It was a wicked thing to do. Not only to Anastasias memory but the also the grief it caused her surviving relatives, espeically poor Olga.

I agree, Eddie. Who'd want a silly bunch of stories about your life made that weren't true? Who'd want someone to take your name and pretend to be you and make a joke of you? It was identity theft. Poor Anastasia.

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Exactly Lemur!! :)

FREE PALESTINE.

TheAce1918

I agree.  AA has completely tarnished the life of the real Anastasia, and has henceforth, stained the House of Romanov. 

And until I see a body or some form of represented mortal remains, 'tragic death', will be just an possibility to me.

Bob_the_builder

Well, technically she can't "steal her body" as we don't even know where the real Anastasia's body even is.

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Martyr dear, it's an expression which is why it's written in inverted commas. No ones talking about stealing a body but robbing HIH Grand Duchess Anastasia Nicholaevnas identity. Disgraceful behaviour.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
I feel the exact same way, Cornholio.
Phil, Cornholio never said Anna Anderson was a cartoon character... and to many people, Anastasia IS a martyr. She is now a martyr in the Russian Orthodox church as are the rest of her family. You may not see NAOTMAA that way, but many people do. I've always felt that people who believe such a crazed woman such as Anna Anderson could be Anastasia, were being disrespectful to the real Anastasia's memory. Anna was mentally ill and I feel sorry that she had to live a lie for so long. I hope that soon, Anastasia's remains will be found for sure and then she can be remembered for who she really was; a lively and promising young girl whose life was tragically cut short just because she held the last name of Romanova.

Ditto. Couldn't have said it better.

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile

Um, I have to disagree. Let's just put it this way. Would you be happy and thankful if your identity was stolen by a Polish factory worker, even if they eventually made you famous? I don't think Anastasia would have even appreciated the Hollywood glamour . . . the girl was a tomboy.