Author Topic: Salazar e Braganša Family  (Read 7612 times)

Offline bornemiszacostarica

• View Profile
Salazar e Braganša Family
« on: January 09, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »
Theres a family in my country ( Costa Rica) with the surname Salazar e Braganša, original they are from of Brazil i think ( maybe Portugal) im not sure,  but the old people of this family called Infantes, Someone Knows this family?
one of this member was Pablo Salazar, Infante de Brasil ( from the old generation) died in 1991, others sibblings Juana ( Miss Jane ), Patricia "Tisha", Macrina, Fernando, Francisco and Lisandro.
They born in Nicaragua, their father was Juan Fernando or Joao and Pilar ( Infantes of Brazil) i hope that you can give me more info about this.
thanx

• View Profile
Re: Salazar e Braganša Family
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »
Augustus of Braganza (Portuguese: Augusto, pron. IPA: [au'guʃtu]; Lisbon, November 4, 1847-Lisbon, September 26, 1889) was a Portuguese infante son of Queen Maria II of Portugal and her King consort Ferdinand II of Portugal. Augustus was Duke of Coimbra and Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

He married in secret with a woman with name Lilliane Salazar DeBayle (relative of Luis DeBayle Mongolfier. The DeBayle family settled in Nicaragua and they became one of most prestigious families of the country.

Augustus had a son: Joao Fernando Salazar e Braganza married Pilar Elisabeth Marie Padilla et Capeto. Children: Lisandro, Juana, Macrina, Patricia, Pablo, Fernando and Francisco ( they died in Nicaragua and Costa Rica)

Offline JosÚ

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
Augustus of Braganza (Portuguese: Augusto, pron. IPA: [au'guʃtu]; Lisbon, November 4, 1847-Lisbon, September 26, 1889) was a Portuguese infante son of Queen Maria II of Portugal and her King consort Ferdinand II of Portugal. Augustus was Duke of Coimbra and Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

He married in secret with a woman with name Lilliane Salazar DeBayle (relative of Luis DeBayle Mongolfier. The DeBayle family settled in Nicaragua and they became one of most prestigious families of the country.

Augustus had a son: Joao Fernando Salazar e Braganza married Pilar Elisabeth Marie Padilla et Capeto. Children: Lisandro, Juana, Macrina, Patricia, Pablo, Fernando and Francisco ( they died in Nicaragua and Costa Rica)

Where on earth did you get this version   :o ?
Infante D.Augusto together with his brother King D.Luis was the only Infant that survived the epidemy of 1861.
Although severely sick, he was taken under the care of an indian doctor who managed to save his life.
But his mind was deeply affected and he was what one could kindly say a bit retarded.
Due to his illness he led a very restricted life, always living with his Father and step-mother, and after D.Fernando's death, under D.Luis ' wing.
There were never rumours that he might ever get married or had any children.
(Unlike, f.i. Infante D.Afonso Henriques, but those turned into rubbish !!)
Do you know any dates for this wedding and birth ?
It sounds to me that someone has some delirious of grandeur and wanted a royal in his ancestry  ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:09:14 PM »
well in this country theres this family, even they appears on tv and they were called Infantes.
I saw a the documentary yesterday...i have the tape...  they said that they were from Brazil.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 03:11:42 PM »
any way in Costa Rica a theres members of royalty its obvious that u dont know that, like Prince Alfred of Prussia, "Alfredo Hohenzollern" grandson of Irene von Hesse or the Baron Elemer Bornemisza and this family

Offline JosÚ

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
As a matter of fact I did know that there are some Hohenzollerns living in Costa Rica.
In another board they are often referred too.
Well, not that often  ;) as they do not provide major knews being rather low-profile.

You must not confuse the family name Infante with the title of Infante.
There are several families in Portugal and Spain with that name.
Infante da CÔmara is a very large and well-known family in Portugal f.i.
Maybe someone from the family went to Brazil and left descendance there.

The story that they might be descendants of Infante D.Augusto is simply unbelievable.
Ranks with the descendants of Louis XVII, Anastasia/Anna Anderson, the Tsarevitch's grandsons, and the infamous Rosario Podimani.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 10:37:41 PM »
Well JosÚ maybe u have right, thanx for the information,  but its totally true that tha princeses Hohenzollern lived in Costa Rica. Segismund known Segismundo was son of Irene ( Alexandra Feodrovna┤s sister) married with Charlotte or Carlota, Carlota died in Germany, Segismundo in Puntarenas, Costa Rica  and his son Alfredo lives in Castillo Heredia, Costa Rica
see ya

Offline JosÚ

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 07:08:40 AM »
You are right

2h) Wilhelm Viktor Karl August Heinrich Sigismund (Kiel 27 Nov 1896-Puntarenas, Costa Rica 14 Nov 1978); m.Hemmelmark 11 Jul 1919 Charlotte Agnes Pss of Saxe-Altenburg (Potsdam 4 Mar 1899-Hemmelmark 16 Feb 1989)

1i) Barbara Irene Adelheid Viktoria Elisabeth Bathildis (Hemmelmark 2 Aug 1920-Hemmelmark 31 May 1994); m.GlŘcksburg 11 Jul 1954 Christian Ludwig, Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Ludwigslust 29 Sep 1912-Hemmelmark 18 Jul 1996)

2i) Alfred Friedrich Ernst Heinrich Conrad (b.Finca Santa Sofia, Guatemala 17 Aug 1924); m.Southampton, New York 15 Dec 1984 Maritza Farkas (Gombaszog, Czechoslovakia 6 Aug 1929- Rochester, Minnesota 1 Nov 1996)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 11:59:07 AM »
yes ;)
Actually the family lived in Barranca,  Princess Barbara grew up in San JosÚ, she studied in Colegio Superior de Se˝oritas de Costa Rica and i know Prince Alfredo learned fencing in Liceo Costa Rica ( a public and old prestigious high school for boys in CR).
then Barbara returned to Europe to live with her grandma Princess Irene.

Offline Eurohistory

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eurohistory.com
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 05:18:22 PM »
Que espanto que hasta en Costa Rica existan falsos pretendientes!

It is really sad truly that in my own home country some journaloists would present these faux Bragancas as the real thing...the ignorance of some members of the fourth estate shocks!

Don Alfredo does not live in Heredia any more actually.  The last time I spoke with him he was residing at a beach on the Pacific coast.  My family and don Alferedo's have known each other since Prince Sigismund and Princess Charlotte Agnes arrived in Costa Rica more then seventy years ago.  I visit the resting place on Prince Sigismund and Princess Charlotte Agnes almost every time I am in Costa Rica visiting my family.

Don Alfredo, in fact, was my guest in San Francisco a few years ago.  He came to our yearly royalty conference and ended up staying far longer than initially planned...we had an abolutely fantastic time with him.  I grew up seeing Prince Sigismund and his family on a regular basis and knew both Barbara, Kiki Mecklenburg and their daughters.  Last saw Donata and  Alexander von Solodkoff at Schloss Salem in May 06 at the memorial service for Prince Georg Wilhelm of Hannover.  Interestingly enough, in September 2005 as I was touring the Alexander Palace I ran into Alexander von Solodkoff, of all places, and we walked around the lake and park chatting - even took pictures...quite fun and unexpected.

Arturo Beeche

--
Arturo BeÚche, Publisher
http://erhj.blogspot.com
European Royal History Journal
Kensington House Books
6300 Kensington Ave.
East Richmond Heights, CA 94805 USA
510/236-1730
books@eurohistory.com
http://www.eurohistory.com

Offline Eurohistory

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eurohistory.com
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »

Padilla "et" CAPETO?

Wow...another Capetian we did not know about perhaps?  Or are these two secret illegitimates that no one knew about?

Perhaps they are related to the faux descendants of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria who live in El Salvador, quite a hysterical bunch really - but who do not know the Texan Rudolf descendants of course, for Rudolf got around a lot after he "escaped" from Austria - for these people actually believe the funeral for Rudolf was a sham, of course!

Arturo Beeche
--
Arturo BeÚche, Publisher
Kensington House Books
6300 Kensington Ave.
510/236-1730
books@eurohistory.com

Offline Eurohistory

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eurohistory.com
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »
any way in Costa Rica a theres members of royalty its obvious that u dont know that, like Prince Alfred of Prussia, "Alfredo Hohenzollern" grandson of Irene von Hesse or the Baron Elemer Bornemisza and this family

Oh, don Alferedo uses DE PRUSIA as a last name - his mother used "DE SAJONIA-ALTENBURGO" as a last name in Costa Rica. They did not use HOHENZOLLERN as a last name.

In fact, one time she went to the bank to open a checking account.  She wanted to sign: "Princesa Carlote Agnes de Sajonia-Altenburg, princesa Segismundo de Prusia."  when the bank official told her it was too long a name to use, she stared him down and said: "Que tambien es usted comunista que quiere robarme el nombre?" [what, are you also a Communist who wants to rob me of my name?"] - Don Alfredo was quite embarrased, but the Princess did not get her way and she had to settle for a far shorter name!

There are some Castells living in Costa Rica. There are also the von Saalfelds, morganatic descendants of the Saxe-Meiningen ducal family. The Tattenbachs also have connections to european aristocracy, as do some other criollo families.

Arturo Beeche

--
Arturo BeÚche, Publisher
Kensington House Books
6300 Kensington Ave.
510/236-1730
books@eurohistory.com

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:34 PM »
 Yes its true Eurohistory, im sorry,   In fact Princess Charlotte was called just Carlota, de  Prusia, one of my grandmother┤s friends studied with princess Barbara in Colegio Superior de Se˝oritas de San Jose in Avenida 6.
Shes was very pretty, i used to think that prince Alfredo still live in Heredia.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »
when i start this threat, i didn't give the correct information and im sorry, because i had a wrong info,
but what i ask, it was different the geneaology with this portuguese family, what i know now, they were nobility but not exackly, from the royal family.
thanks
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:56:34 PM by bornemiszacostarica »