Author Topic: Anna Anderson and Anastasia  (Read 188719 times)

rskkiya

Re: Anna Anderson and Anastasia
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2004, 08:47:07 PM »
Resemblences between AA, AN and FS.
In my poor opinion--They are all bipedal mammals. LOL  ;D

All photos are of young Caucasian females from the late 19th/early 20th centuries- all have dark blond to brown hair and all possess complete facial features (no missing noses or eyes)

Thats about it...
sorry!

PS if I pose in the right light with my hair up - I look like GD Maria or Olga (so I have been told ;))but that certainly is just a trick- not any evidence at all ...
Makeup, lighting and a touched up image can work wonders!

Not anyone but
rskkiya  ;D

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2004, 09:27:35 PM »
PS if I pose in the right light with my hair up - I look like GD Maria or Olga (so I have been told ;))but that certainly is just a trick- not any evidence at all ...

If I look down in the right light my nose and facial features look a bit like Anastasia's.  I second the trick bit. There's one photograph in Peter Kurth's Tsar, of Anna Anderson in profile from 1920, and you can see how much she does NOT look like AN.

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 17, 2004, 05:41:47 AM »
On Peter Kurth's biography on AA and FS the picture of AA's ears and AN's ears were shown. That was seriously freaky

The ears are completely different. AA's have a much thicker lobe.  ::)

AA's face is simply not Anastasia's. As for the comparisons of "expressions" between AA and AN, let's remember that it's much easier to find linear similarities in expressions in black and white photographs, because the contrast is more pronounced.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alice »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #603 on: November 17, 2004, 06:12:15 AM »
And also on the 'expressions' it should be noted there is a good possibility some of these were intentional, such as AA's lip biting pose. It seems she did try to look like AN.

This is not impossible or unusual. Actors do this all the time, try to use their expressions and gestures to make up for a lack of actually looking like the person they are portraying. Another 'rock star' example- at a concert, I met an impersonator of the singer I had come to see. The way he moved, his facial expressions, his gestures, his poses, were SO much like the singer it gave me the chills. I went off with a glowing opinion of him. He appeared to be the singer's long lost twin. But when I posted his pictures on the singer's website, people posted that they didn't see a resemblance, other than the way he was dressed. So much of it was that he had this guys' mannerisms down pat, but he really didn't look like him in pics (though at times he, too, tries to mock certain expressions)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Elisabeth

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2004, 07:12:32 AM »
These are all good points. I'm surprised no one has commented on   Anna Anderson's eyes - much larger, more deeply set and expressive than Anastasia's. Quite beautiful, actually, and judging from the one photo, FS had exactly the same eyes.
... I love my poor earth
because I have seen no other

-- Osip Mandelshtam

Offline Evanescence

• View Profile
    • Limited Eternity
« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2004, 02:59:22 PM »

The ears are completely different. AA's have a much thicker lobe.  ::)

AA's face is simply not Anastasia's. As for the comparisons of "expressions" between AA and AN, let's remember that it's much easier to find linear similarities in expressions in black and white photographs, because the contrast is more pronounced.

Actually, they are identical. Many forensic experts used different techinques but in the end the result was always the same. The ears were the same... Also a doctor said that Anna and Anastasia had to be identical twins or the same person.
Ashlee Simpson lip synching at SNL? Damn, that liar!

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2004, 03:12:58 PM »

Actually, they are identical. Many forensic experts used different techinques but in the end the result was always the same. The ears were the same... Also a doctor said that Anna and Anastasia had to be identical twins or the same person.

Just because doctors said AN and AA's ear were identical doesn't mean anything to me.When I look at the pictures of both ears I see nothing in common other than they are ears.AN and AA looked nothing alike to me.Sure AA held certain poses in pictures taken of her to make her resemble AN,but that's all they were to me,posed photographs.
I have to agree with Helen Azar,I have to go with the scientific evidence as well as my own two eyes.
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2004, 03:15:59 PM »

Not anyone but
rskkiya  ;D

Ya know,if I pose in the right light,clothing,and make up I could look like DE Marie cause I do have the dark hair.
And if you wanna count my shortness,I'm 5'1",I could be GD Anastasia. ;D :D :o
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline Michelle

• Knyaz
  • No more school forever!  Well,except college.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 17, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »
Well I must say that I've always seen a resemblance in AA to AN even when looking at AA's picture separately from AN's.  To me the facial structure is the same.  The one that gets me the most is the picture of AA sitting in a hospital bed which I think is the one on the bottom right.  She looks so much like AN.  Not  with the picture of AN that is shown, but other pictures.  There's just something about her that strikes me as Anastasia.  I can't help it--to me it's just there.  Everybody has different perceptions of things.  Some of us see AN in AA's pictures, and others don't.  We're not all going to see things in one particular way.  For me, I can't just throw away everything I've learned about AA just for one single piece of evidence.  No matter how "compelling" it is.  Because I consider other things about her much more compelling.  Unfortunately, many people who don't ignore everything else and who don't focus solely on the DNA are chased off the board like poor ISteinke.  Even credible researchers who happen to disagree with the DNA are tarred and feathered (two cetain people come to mind which I belive are a great loss to this forum).

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #609 on: November 17, 2004, 04:41:59 PM »
As people once told me, don't leave! Everyone's opinion should be heard. But people should not be so upset when others disagree or offer valid reasons why they don't feel the same way. It's no offense to you personally!

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #610 on: November 17, 2004, 05:44:21 PM »
 Everybody has different perceptions of things.  Some of us see AN in AA's pictures, and others don't.  We're not all going to see things in one particular way.  

This is true Michelle, everyone does have different perception of things and no one will see things the same way. This is why we must look at objective evidence such as DNA, this is something that goes beyond perception, this is scientific evidence that will leave no questions about certain things on either side, unlike most other evidence that still leaves questions due to perception issues. This is the whole point here. The thing is, no matter how much other evidence we may have, it all does come down to DNA evidence. If DNA shows that AA couldn't have been AN, then all the other evidence is irrelevant. Unless you can clearly and realistically justify why we shouldn't believe the DNA evidence which no one has been able to do as of yet.

And nobody "chased" Isteinke out of the forum, she (or he? sorry not sure) made the choice to leave because he/she could not handle being challenged, which is unfortunate because this could have been an interesting discussion if Isteinke could have shown good evidence to back up her/his opinions. In fact, I personally asked Isteinke not to leave but to stay and defend his/her statements, but Isteinke would not do it. Isteinke made some very unusual accusations against Queen Elizabeth of England, without any rhyme or reason, and when these accusations were challenged, ISteinke threw a fit and left the forum. When you present controversial ideas you better know how to defend them, otherwise of course everyone will challenge you. And if you can't defend something you state, then your credibility will go right out the door.... These are not my rules, that's just the way the world operates, Michelle...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by helenazar »

Offline Evanescence

• View Profile
    • Limited Eternity
« Reply #611 on: November 17, 2004, 07:40:22 PM »
As people once told me, don't leave! Everyone's opinion should be heard. But people should not be so upset when others disagree or offer valid reasons why they don't feel the same way. It's no offense to you personally!

Very true Annie, everyone's is entitled to their own personal opinion.  ;D
Ashlee Simpson lip synching at SNL? Damn, that liar!

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 18, 2004, 05:02:18 AM »

Please examine the ears for yourself:

http://www.peterkurth.com/PHOTOS.htm

You will notice that the lobe on AA's ear is much thicker than that of AN's.

Also, 3 photos beneath the ear comparison photos, there's one of AA side-on. THIS photo shows her ear is nothing like that of Anastasia's.

Also, to AA believers: how do you explain the much fuller lips? Collagen injections, perhaps? How do you explain the crown in the hair of AA being in the same place as FS?

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 18, 2004, 05:45:35 AM »
Is it just me or do the pictures on Kurth's site never show up?

Offline Karentje

• So, we'll go no more a roving...
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 18, 2004, 05:48:31 AM »
Hi Olga

I think the problem must be with your computer, because I have no trouble viewing them.
Sincerely

Karentje