Author Topic: Anna Anderson and Anastasia  (Read 181958 times)

Dashkova

Re: Anna Anderson and Anastasia
« Reply #465 on: October 04, 2004, 12:41:32 PM »
HOW in the world did someone get a hold of a private message of mine, and why was it posted? I don't like it that my name is being used in this :(

A copy of the IM in question was sent to me and at least one other was sent to Rskkiya.  I received my  copy as an IM from the poster named British Blue.

I posted it here to point out that British Blue had forwarded a message intended for you to at least two other posters, apparently in some weird attempt to let Rskkiya and I know what he thought about us.  I have no idea why he did not address us directly, nor why he brought you into this.  It's almost as though he was attempting to hide behind you as he strikes at others.

I have no idea why he did it! No one was more surprised than me when I checked my messages this morning and found his/your IM there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Dashkova »

Dashkova

« Reply #466 on: October 04, 2004, 12:53:09 PM »
These three remind me of three cats who know how to attack and retreat.  When you go to find them,  they can look so innocent.  And when they sleep they can appear so  angelic.  Then they wake, stretch,  look around, and,  give the apperance of being so so petable and they rub against you showing they have great affection for you.  You leave them and they may be good or maybe not.  Cats don't change their habits for people.  They never have and never will.

I assume that British Blue's attackers will not understand my comparing them to cats.

Formun Admin. doesn't have a chance with these clever females because females have perfected their cat-like metholds since we were living in caves and the men were out hunting.

I wish him luck, however,  I did hope for some kind of acknowledgment that the attacks on British Blue were not accpetable on this thread or anywhere else.  He didn't, and, so the cats are pretending they did nothing wrong at all.

Such good little kittens, who have lost their mittens.  Meaow.

It's sad to think I've had to turn into a protective grandma cat because I hate this "catty" stuff.

I have work to do.

Maybe I'll be back in a week or two.  Maybe not.  

Bye,

AGRBear

Molodyets, AGRBear! As a proud Leo, I don't mind the cat comparison at all  ;D
However, I think in this case it's a tad misplaced, since after all,  BB, by sending out this IM the way he did, and saying the things he said in it, well, he kind of "put his foot in it," revealing behavior that could certainly be considered rather "catty."  And, that's not anyone's fault but his own.

I also today learned that in other IM's to another poster, British Blue referred to me as a Daschund.  Hmmm...dog, cat, cat, dog, oh well, both utterly lovable.  I will take both as a compliment.  :-*

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #467 on: October 04, 2004, 01:21:04 PM »
 I don't know how that ended up on other people's PMs but I would appreciate that my name not be used. If you must post a private PM in public (which I consider very dishonorable and bad form) please erase my name from it, it couldn't possibly matter which member it was addressed to. :(

Dashkova

« Reply #468 on: October 04, 2004, 01:32:45 PM »
What is bad form is forwarding the post *with your name on it* to anyone else.  The privacy factor ended with British Blue's actions.

However, I will not use your name should I receive further backhanded information from BB or anyone else.

I do confess it would be most interesting to know what your response was to the original! lol!  ;D

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #469 on: October 04, 2004, 01:41:35 PM »

What is bad form is forwarding the post *with your name on it* to anyone else.  The privacy factor ended with British Blue's actions.

I was assuming that was a blunder, but if it was intentional, that was bad form as well.

I have been on a lot of message boards, and taking private stuff onto the open forum is never good :(

I do confess it would be most interesting to know what your response was to the original! lol!  ;D

Actually I haven't responded yet, if I did, it would only to say that I don't know if you guys are KGB or not. Anyone could or  could not be KGB for all I know. :P

Dashkova

« Reply #470 on: October 04, 2004, 01:53:58 PM »
I won't post it again because I said I wouldn't, but Annie, if you scroll up and look at where I first posted the forwarded IM.

Do you see where  it says in all caps:  "COPY OF MESSAGE TO _____" ?

That was not my typing, that was the work of British Blue.  Now, how can that possibly be inadvertant?  

I had to read it several times to figure out just what was it that had been sent.  I knew there was a member here with your screen name, but I had no idea who BOB was, all I knew is that something sent to you from somebody named "BOB" was forwarded to *me* by British Blue.  

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #471 on: October 04, 2004, 01:55:28 PM »
OK, ALL Y'ALL:
ENOUGH, STOP, GENUG, NYET.
>:(
If you people have a problem about stuff off topic and with user's personalities, TAKE IT PRIVATE AND KEEP IT THERE.
I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY OF YOU CONTINUING THIS PERSONAL ATTACK ON EACH OTHER IN THE FORUM.

PERIOD.

No more posting Private IM messages WITHOUT sender's permission
PERIOD.

I feel like the fourth grade playground monitor and am sick of this and should not have to be dragged into this childish behavior.
ALL Y'ALL KNOW BETTER.

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 04, 2004, 02:03:32 PM »
Thank you, Forum Administrator.

It will be nice to see something other than bickering on this thread.

Offline Alexa

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 04, 2004, 03:55:08 PM »
a Question.

Anna Anderson spoke Polish and Anastastia of course spoke Russian. But as I don't know Polish---please- is it similar to Russian? A romance language, or Finno Ugric or a more slavic tongue? A dialect of russian? please do clarify

R.

I'm no expert on either language and can only give an opinion from my own experience.  My father's family is Polish, and I grew up hearing the language quite a lot (as a young child, I could understand it, but no longer).  There are words that are the same in both languages (nastrovya (ignore the spelling please) comes to mind), but I'm not sure to what extent the similarities are.  All I know is that 10 years ago, my dad picked me up from the airport and told the Russian cab driver which way to go from JFK.  The cab driver and my dad argued over it in English.  We ended up going the way my dad wanted to, but the cab driver was saying stuff the whole way in Russian.  When we got out of the cab, my dad told him off in Polish.  The cab driver's eyes popped out of his head and asked my dad in Russian if he understood everything that he had said.  My dad told him in not so nice Polish that he did.  My dad chalks it up to knowing Russian curse words from his father, who picked them up while serving in the Russian army during WWI, but to me it looked like more than just that.  Maybe if you're Polish, you don't need to know a whole lot of Russian to be able to understand it?  Who knows?  Like I said, I'm just going by what I've seen within my own family.

Alexa

Dashkova

« Reply #474 on: October 04, 2004, 04:01:26 PM »
What a great story Alexa!  I have on several occasions seen my native speaker Russian spouse carry on conversations with Poles; they in Polish, he in Russian and both understanding one another completely.

I'm told the languages are different but easily understood by both.

Offline Alexa

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 04, 2004, 04:14:14 PM »
What a great story Alexa!  I have on several occasions seen my native speaker Russian spouse carry on conversations with Poles; they in Polish, he in Russian and both understanding one another completely.

I'm told the languages are different but easily understood by both.

Glad you enjoyed the story.  I have to admitt, I laughed my butt off when the cab driver realized my dad knew exactly what names he was being called.  We still laugh about it.

I've heard the same thing about Russian and Polish, and after witnessing the conversatino my dad had, it clicked in my head on why AA could understand Russian, but would never speak it.  

Alexa

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #476 on: October 04, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »
Now, that is an interesting story because my Polish grandmother said most emphatically that she could not understand Russian as it was too different.  I think my analogy about French and Italian is probably a good one. A Frenchman might understand some Italian words and vice versa...but they are not that close...
Perhaps Mike can shed some light for us.

Offline Alexa

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 04, 2004, 04:22:18 PM »
Now, that is an interesting story because my Polish grandmother said most emphatically that she could not understand Russian as it was too different.  I think my analogy about French and Italian is probably a good one. A Frenchman might understand some Italian words and vice versa...but they are not that close...
Perhaps Mike can shed some light for us.

See. now my dad says the same thing, but when I ask him to explain how he understood what the cab driver was saying (not just the curse words) he just blows it off.  He's very aloof when it comes to stuff like that.  All I know is what I saw.  Maybe it's more like English and Swedish.  Before I went to Sweden, I couldn't speak or understand a word of it (except what I picked up from language tapes), but now I can at least understand some of it.  The languages seem very different at first, but once you hear Swedish enough, the differences fade quite a bit.  That's not to say I can understand everything I hear in Swedish, but I have an easier time understanding Swedish than I do German, a language I studied for 3 years.

Alexa

rskkiya

« Reply #478 on: October 04, 2004, 05:03:23 PM »
Hello Its Rskkiya!
 Thanks for the information about both the Polish and Russian languages and the Orthodox church. I had thought that if the languages sounded similar to non Polish/Russian speakers that could explain some of the AA/Anastasia connections.
  Annie, I am so sorry about the tempest in a teapot...
  And to all the numberless posters whom I may have offended in the past, I can only say that as a scholar and a teacher -  sometimes I can be brusque... :-[

I do hope that we can let this "personal issue undercurrent" go now!

the cat rskkiya 8)

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 05, 2004, 09:05:06 PM »
Hello again,
I really appreciate the imput here, and I am more committed  in my  effort to bring my family together with pictures and a coming together with purpose so that the next generation knows who and what they came from.

Maybe I do want to believe in survival because it hurts so much as a mother to think that children could be treated so harshly.

I read everything about Anna and daily change my mind.

So I will continue to read and wonder..

Susie
I chose the road less traveled and now...where the heck am I????