Author Topic: Peter Ermakov  (Read 6699 times)

Olishka~ Pincess

Peter Ermakov
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »
 Ermakov was a murderer of the Imperial family in romours I heard that he had shot,clubbed,hit and abuse the grand duchesses during the murder. Some romours say that he saw both Anastasia and Maria holding their arms over their heads and aim a gun shot towards them. But how would you know if their was not any photographs,video films and victims telling the story. If any of the 11 victims were alive they can be interviewed and be a eye wittness in the account of the murder. The murderer telling the story could be fibbing about it. I think that it is realy hard no concrete evidence. I realy wonder what happen in the murder with the grandduchess and what Ermakov did to them. :) :-\

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Ermakov
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »
Frankly, we don't know exactly how the Imperial Family was executed; what little we know was by Ermakov himself, and Yurofsky.

If I may suggest a book to you, it's Fate of the Romanov; it explains how it happened, with testimony by Yurofsky's unpublished memoirs, and a guard that apparently saw everything by the window.

All I can tell you right now is they didn't have an easy death...especially the girls  :'(

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:51:20 PM »
Frankly, we don't know exactly how the Imperial Family was executed; what little we know was by Ermakov himself, and Yurofsky.
Huh?  ???

I beg to differ. I think we have a pretty darn clear picture of how the family was executed -- by firing squad and bayonet. The minute details are not clear, but there's no doubt about the method.

The murderer telling the story could be fibbing about it. I think that it is realy hard no concrete evidence. I realy wonder what happen in the murder with the grandduchess and what Ermakov did to them. :) :-\

You're wise to question Ermakov's testimony. His so-called "deathbed confession" to an American journalist was actually a setup by the Soviets, and much of what he said in that interview was not true. If you compare Ermakov's story with others, you can clearly see the exaggerations and lies.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »
Yes that is true Sarushka!!! Everyone never know what realy happen only god knows for the missing bodies search. But the muder the murderers know what happen they were fibbing and too drunk.I read that Ermakov he stated that all 11 bodies were present while they were digging a hole and burrying the dead bodies 36 hours three inches deep. He often bragged while he was drinking with the other gaurds. Mr.Harrison 75 I am going to read that book and find out what they said about Ermakov. Lots of books have different events and suff that happened in the murder thats not the same so I think they are figuring out what happen during the murder themselves.This is one very famous romour in what happened Ermakov.

On July 14, 1918, local priests at Yekaterinburg conducted a private church service for the family and reported that Maria and her family, contrary to custom, fell on their knees during the prayer for the dead.Maria was murdered on July 17, 1918 in the cellar room of the Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg. The murder was carried out by forces of the Bolshevik secret police under the command of Yakov Yurovsky. According to one account of the murders, Maria ran from the assassins and began banging on the door of a storage room and crying for help. She was then shot in the thigh by drunken military commissar Peter Ermakov, who also tried to stab her with a bayonet and shoot her in the head, but may have failed to aim properly. Maria somehow fainted and remained alive until the bodies were inspected to check for pulses. She screamed, causing Ermakov to try and stab her again. When his attempt failed to kill her, he struck her in the face until she was silent. Today her cause of death remains a mystery.

Directed from Wikipedia

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:33:10 PM »
Sarushka,

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough; we do know that they were killed by a bolshevik firing squad under the command of Yakov Yurofsky, etc. What I meant is that we do not know for sure who killed who exactly (except for the Tsar, all the squad shot him at the same time), how everyone reacted, killed in what order, the details like you said...

TheFate of the Romanov book made a nice synthesis of the different sources, but perhaps we'll never know the details...

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:41:11 AM »
Directed from Wikipedia

A word of advice:
Always be very skeptical of online sources regarding the Romanovs! That particular article is carefully annotated with lots of citations and references so you can track where the info comes from, which is a good thing. However, there's so much rumor and inaccuracy floating around out there, it's really tough to find reliable Romanov sites. A few of the best ones:

Alexander Palace Time Machine (of course!)
www.livadia.org
http://www.romanov-memorial.com/

I'd encourage you to read some books on the subject for a more accurate picture of the history of Nicholas II and his family. Books on the whole tend to be much more thorough and more carefully researched than websites. Not all books are completely accurate, but the more you read, the easier it is to recognize those errors when you see them.

If anyone wants to read Ermakov's "confession" I have the complete excerpt of it from the book, Seven League Boots. I can post it here and/or email it by request.
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
Can you please post it here so I can read it? ???

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 05:15:29 PM »
I'll have to check and see how long it is. I can't remember offhand. If it's really big, I'll email it to you instead.  ;)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
The excerpt is quite a bit longer than I remembered. I've sent it to you, Elizabeth~Princess.

Anybody else who'd like to read it, please PM me your email address with the subject "Ermakov."

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Thanks I got your email I have to download it now.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
Gad...What an interesting sub-genre...The blow-by-blow killing of the IF...They were butchered... :'(