The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
September 01, 2014, 04:24:07 PM
461586 Posts in 8947 Topics by 14510 Members
Latest Member: KiraBelle
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  Having Fun! (Moderators: Laura Mabee, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, TimM)
| | |-+  Which Romanov are you most similar to?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Which Romanov are you most similar to?  (Read 1568 times)
Reply #15
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »
AngelAnastasia Offline
We shall forget the anguish and thank God. -Alix Posts: 23

View Profile WWW

I certainly hope Olga's life story helps raise your spirits. Someone from the past to relate to and make you feel less alone. Historical characters have a way of doing that I find.

Relating to the past does raise your spirits, but of course with every good thing of the past there is that melancholy nostalgia in knowing that you are trapped in the present, looking back at an unattainable world - that is the cost of knowing what used to be. It will always be a price worth paying for me, though; I hold the story of Olga and her family dear to me.

...because I rant not, neither rave of what I feel, can you be so shallow as to dream that I feel nothing?
"I saw a little girl, her eyes tightly closed, holding to the old kind world, one that she knew in her heart could not remain, and she was holding it and pleading, never to let her go.
Reply #16
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »
Padawan Brittany Offline

View Profile WWW

If I had to think about it, I'd also say Olga. I'm a very moody person, very bookish, and definitely not what someone would describe as a 'classic beauty' the way they always compared her to Tatiana in appearance. I also have a younger sister, so I relate to her in terms of being an older sister. And while she looked out for her younger sisters, she wasn't as commanding of them behaving as Tatiana was, being the 'governess' and all, and I feel that while I look out for my younger sister, I prefer to have fun with her rather than discourage her in everything. That's how I feel as an adult though - Olga was nearly my age when the family was murdered, so at twenty-three, I feel I relate more to Olga. However at say eleven, when I first became interested in the Romanovs, I'd have said I related more to Anastasia - I was a rowdy child, and I could be very improper and impolite, and I loved to joke around or make people laugh. I was less interested in my studies at the time, as Anastasia and Maria are often described as being, and more interested in everything else going on around me in life. However at this time in my life, and when I look back, probably my teenage years as well, I best relate to Olga for sure.

Padawan of the V'tosh Ka'tur. Social Work graduate, History and Archaeology student.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: