I thought this question might get a few funny answers because there are some things that annoy us BECAUSE we are fans of the Imperial Family. They wouldn't annoy us if we weren't. I thought it would be cool/fun to see what everyone else thought
A couple of my "Romanov annoyances" are:
1. When the Grand Duchesses get referred to as "Princesses" (i.e Princess Anastasia). This happens a lot when they get reported in the British press and I'm just like "THAT'S NOT THEIR TITLE." Like calling someone Miss instead of Mrs.
2. When people watch the Anastasia cartoon and instantly think Anastasia survived. This doesn't really invoke a feeling of annoyance for me, actually. More feelings of "if only you knew...." and "don't get me started on why she didn't"
3. People mispronouncing the name Romanov. Names being mispronounced gets on my nerves in general. Growing up with an uncommon name, it happened to me a lot in school and other places. Ro-MAN-ov. Not RO-man-ov as its often pronounced here.
4. When people make claims about the Imperial Family that you just know are not true. I can remember when I studied Imperial Russia as part of my A Levels a year ago, my class all seemed convinced that Alexandra had an affair with Rasputin. I can see why they would think that but Romanov fans know it's just not true. And it's really hard to argue your case when everyone else takes stuff at face value.
5. When people question my interest in the Imperial Family. I just find them a lot more interesting than Justin Bieber and One Direction.
Does anyone else have any more amusing annoyances?