Author Topic: AA and FS  (Read 61256 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: AA and FS
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2005, 04:36:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about Guy Richard's death.

I'm going to take a pot of honey over to my corner and  pout.

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2005, 04:37:50 PM »
I'm going to take a pot of honey over to my corner and pout.

AGRBear
What's the matter , Bear?

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2005, 04:40:49 PM »
I  "thunk"  someone would have seen this photo a long time ago and had the answer, but, no one does and, now, our source is unavailable.

AGRBear  :-[
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2005, 04:44:02 PM »
I  "thunk"  someone would have seen this photo a long time ago and had the answer, but, no one does and, now, our source is unavailable.

AGRBear  :-[
 As unavailable as can be!  ;D

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2005, 04:57:34 PM »
Considered channeling?  ::)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2005, 05:11:37 PM »
I am too far from the Berlin channel AA jumped into.....

AGRBear ::)

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2005, 10:22:48 PM »
LOLOL That was a funny play on words, Bear!

Maybe we can find someone who knew Guy Richards! We can all contact the publisher and track down any living relatives or colleagues!

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2005, 02:06:55 PM »
Stephen wrote this over on another thread:
Klier and Mingay wrote that "The remaining Schanzkowskis are quite suspicious of investigators into the Anna Anderson case. Felix´s daughter has told reporters that her father talked about his sister Franziska with pride, saying she got away and made a new and successful life for herself as Anna Anderson. However, she does like to be paid for her reminiscenses. Margarete Ellerik,the daughter of Gertrude who tried to make Anna admit to being a Schanzkowska,generally refuses to have anything to do with investigators and is apparently afraid that the family will be prosecuted for Anna´s activities."
There is also a letter quoted in the French jounalist Dominique Auclere´s book Anastasia Qui etes-vous? from Margarete Ellerik to her uncle Felix : "So dear uncle.something new. It´s about your sister Franziska. They want to know a lot of things again. Dear uncle, you remember what you have said from the beginning,stick to this  and nothing else! Who could imagine this would come up again... So dear uncle. now you know what to do..."   Auclere wrote that she quoted from her memoty but that the original could be found in the archive of the tribunal or the lawyers.  I think that´s what probably happened. They knew she was Franziska but said somethong else in order not to ruin her "career".  They did what they thought was best for her and I think they have nothing to be ashamed of.But who can be 100 % sure of anything!  It´s  fascinating one way or another.

Was there a letter?

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2005, 05:08:01 PM »
Here is Penny's reply:

Not really.  This is not a letter or testimony from FELIX stating that he had lied about recognizing Fraulein U in order not to upset his sister's "career."  This is a report of an alleged letter from Felix's niece to her uncle.  

I do not doubt Dominique Aucleres' claim that she saw this letter, though I have not found it myself among the piles of trial documents I have here.  It MAY be here, I just haven't read through to it yet.  However, as Aucleres remained a lifelong "supporter" of Anna Anderson, I believe she did not place a good deal of weight on this letter.  After all, it categorically does NOT state that they were supporting a fraud by Franziska.  This is what it says according to Aucleres' memory:

"So dear uncle.something new. It´s about your sister Franziska. They want to know a lot of things again. Dear uncle, you remember what you have said from the beginning,stick to this  and nothing else! Who could imagine this would come up again... So dear uncle. now you know what to do..."

Let's take it apart.  This part of the trial WAS about Felix's sister Franziska.  The tribunal DID want to know a lot of things.  Felix has told his family to stick to the one story and nothing else.  There is no mention that the story is a lie.  The story could well have been the truth that neither he nor Valerian nor Maria Julianna recognized Franziska in AA.  It sounds to me like Felix set down an "official" line for the family to take -- but nowhere is there mention that this line is a fraud.

If you ask me, it sounds like Margarete is advising her uncle to take his own advice and stick to the family's story.  It sounds to me like he was a little shaken to have all this come up again in his old age.

Nope, it's still not Felix -- or his family -- admitting to a fraud.