Author Topic: Ipatiev house photos (interior & exterior)  (Read 91905 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: Ipatiev house photos (interior & exterior)
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »
That specific photo in question comes from the Sokolov investigation report. It was taken by Sergeyev during his initial investigation and shows the room as he found it BEFORE they did anything, according to the text.

Rob-

In my version of Sokolov ("Enquete"), Sokolov writes specifically that Sergeyev failed to photograph the room in the condition in which he found it; the only photographs that exist were taken after the bullets were dug out of the walls, and plaster pulled away, etc.

Greg King

Following this post to another thread where the "cellar"  walls were discussed.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 02:19:30 PM »
Yurovsky's 1920s testimony in the book THE FALL OF THE ROMANOVS p. 365 menions "Lysev":

Yurovsky:  "I left with a report for Moscow on the night of th 19th.  It was then that I gave the valuables to Trifonov, member of the Third Army's Revolutionary Council.  I think Beloborodov, Novoselov, and someone else buried them in a basement in the earthen floor of a worker's house in Lysev."

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
Hello All

Thank you Laura for your comments :-)

Yes, warning before putting a link to my pages because it is hosted on Unix server then case is important   :'(

Then, the good URL is

http://www.romanov-memorial.com/Inside.htm

About the little movie, it run only on IE. Instead trying reading it, I suggest you to download it first and read it with a quicktime player.

Regards
Bernard

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 05:39:58 PM »
Does anyone else have any clues as to what the mystic signs means I realy do not know but I am guessing that they mean a message someting that has someting to do with the murder !!!

Offline Valmont

• Graf
  • I love History  !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
Yurovsky's 1920s testimony in the book THE FALL OF THE ROMANOVS p. 365 menions "Lysev":

Yurovsky:  "I left with a report for Moscow on the night of th 19th.  It was then that I gave the valuables to Trifonov, member of the Third Army's Revolutionary Council.  I think Beloborodov, Novoselov, and someone else buried them in a basement in the earthen floor of a worker's house in Lysev."

AGRBear

Bear... I hadn't heard from you in a long time.. What do you mean with this post?.. May I infer you are talking about a treasure burried in the Ipatiev house???
Arturo Vega-Llausás

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »
Yurovsky  statement:  >> It was then that I gave the valuables to Trifonov, member of the Third Army's Revolutionary Council.  I think Beloborodov, Novoselov, and someone else buried them in a basement in the earthen floor of a worker's house in Lysev<<

Not all the "valuables" were taken to Mosocw for some reason.   Yurovsky gave some of the IF "valuables"  to Trifonov  who in turn give them to Beloborodov, Novoselov and another.  These "valuables"  were said to have been buried in  the village of Lysev in the basement of one of the  "worker's house".

The basement in this statement is not  about the basement in the Ipatiev House.

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 10:35:13 AM »
Trying to find a particular old thread about the Ipatiev House,  I did find this statement of  Greg King's   which I had forgotten and thought I'd repeat here:
We have probably a hundred or so photographs of the Ipatiev House itself, taken from May 1918 onward, including some unusual views, unpublished interiors, and quite a few given to us by a scholar in London from the 1950s, but we had so little in "Fate of the Romanovs" that it was impossible to use more than a handful.  To the best of my knowledge, no photographs were taken during the period of captivity inside the house or showing the prisoners.  There is certainly no mention of this in any of the minutes of the Presidium of the Ural Regional Soviet that we have, nor in the various accounts left by Avdayev, Yurovsky, a number of guards, the guard duty book-which recorded everything that happened, down to reporting "nothing happened"-or the diaries and letters of the prisoners themselves.  Had this been done, I think there would be some mention somewhere.  I don't say it's impossible, but based on the evidence so far available I think it's most unlikely.

Greg King

And, a quote from FA:

Just re-reading my translation of the IF items found in Ekaterinburg after the murders.  Three reels of Kodak film were found burned in the stove of Popov house. So even partially burnt, any images would have been impossible to retrieve using the technology of the day.
At the house of the guard Letemine was found a wide-view camera and 33 glass negative plates. Their whereabouts lost after cataloguing by Sokolov.

It seems highly unlikely that any pictures taken had survived. The paper prints, if any surely did not survive burning.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:39:33 AM by AGRBear »

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 08:38:45 PM »
One more item to add to the Ipatiev grounds is the  " Cellar",   shown on the  property plan by Gilliard as  "Cave".   

As far as I know,  there are no photographs of  the  Ipatiev "Cellar" .   Here is a drawing of  a "root cellar"  of one of my relatives's  who lived in southern part of Russia so you can get an idea  of  what one looks like.   

Not much different then many of our cellars in the early history of GR's  in the midwest in the early 1900s.

Anyway,  since the Ipatiev  House  property had one,  I thought I'd  post  what one looked like.   I assume the Ipatiev House was larger and had a skilled mason which would have make it  grander than my relative  who lived in a small GR village around the early 1900s.

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
 Phil Tomaselli sent me a copy of a  "plan de la proprlete Ipatlef"  p. 240 from the book  LE TRAGIQUE DESTIN DE NICHOLAS II AT DE SAT FAMILIE by Pierre Gilliard.

Surrounded is red is the french word "Cave", which I understand is "cellar", and, is next to the garden.

I found a similar drawing on the following URL:
http://www.romanov-memorial.com/Historical.htm

The "Cave"  is not the  "cellar room"   where the IF  were executed.   

AGRBear
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:08:10 PM by AGRBear »

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
Bear, this is very interesting to me, thanks for posting this memorial site.  I shall look into it.

Arleen

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2007, 12:54:40 PM »
I believe the person who created that site  is a regular poster here on AP.

I think he did a great site, and,  it should be mentioned from time to time so newbies can be aware of  it, too.

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
I overlaid  the map found in King and Wilson's  book p.  111  onto  Gilliard's map.  And came up with the following:

This shows the "cellar room" , which was the murder room,  and  the "Cave" [cellar]  which is by the garden.

Had I been labeling  the murder room,  I would have called it   a "basement  room"  which I think  is a more accurate description in English than a  "cellar  room".

AGRBear
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:09:08 PM by AGRBear »

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »
I believe the person who created that site  is a regular poster here on AP.

Yes -- it's Bernard Timbal's site.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 11:49:47 AM »
Not photo,but maket:

EnJOY! ;)
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »
Oh my Lord Nena!!
What a wonderfully done model! Thank you for taking the time to share it with us!
I wonder who created it.  :)