Author Topic: Anastasia Inheritance Would Have Been What?  (Read 59088 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: Anastasia Inheritance Would Have Been What?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2004, 04:54:11 PM »
On another thread Helen posted this about Russian gold and an article which happens to be about one of the items listed by Guy Richards:

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=498042004

AGRBear

PS  I just reread it and thought I'd copy these few words:
>>More than 80 years after it was passed to Japan, the full story of the gold which once belonged to Russia’s last Tsar, Nicholas II, is still shrouded in mystery. <<
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2004, 04:57:21 PM »
Doesn't prove there was any person trusts but it does point to the fact monies were being transferred to other countries....

AGRBear

Then WHAT is the point? Of course money was being transferred to other countries...THERE WAS A WAR ON! The Tsarist government had huge bills to pay and loans to secure...This is meaningless as to what "Anastasia might have inherited". It can only serve to prove that the PERCEPTION of Tsarist wealth would fuel imposters like AA to CLAIM to be the survivor...but has NOTHING to do with the question of this thread.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2004, 05:15:51 PM »
It shows me that Nicholas II knew he may not be able to get to England through Europe but may have to go east and  make a stop in Japan.

I'd bet you a dollar on this:  In Japan  there was a cash of enough money and jewels which they would have  needed which would have kept the family comfortable on that country estate in England.

I assume he had not purchase an estate in England since Forum Admin. did not mention such a property exsisted.

AGRBear

PS:  
... [in part].... It can only serve to prove that the PERCEPTION of Tsarist wealth would fuel imposters like AA to CLAIM to be the survivor...but has NOTHING to do with the question of this thread.

What Anastasia would have inherited  has everything to do with imposters and conspiracies in 1920s and early 1930s.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2004, 05:19:38 PM »
I'm done with unsupported speculation of whatifs that have NO basis in fact. y'all have fun spinning your fairy tales.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2004, 05:35:17 PM »
If I hadn't seen those jewels of Queen Elisabeth II the other night and realized how much just one tiria cost,  I'd not have become so interested in this subject.  So,  now,  I'm really curious what Anastasia would have inherited if she had survived.  And,  I don't think this question belongs to a "fairy tale".  It is a search looking for facts.  And,  I think it necessary to look at books with "old facts" and more recent books for "new facts" and somewhere between the two there might to an answer.

AGRBear

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2004, 05:48:25 PM »
AGR, you are very selective in reading it seems. That "Japan" gold was being transferred by the government after the Emperor's fall. It was lost being sent to Japan in payment for arms.
It had nothing to do with the Romanov fortunes.
Neither the Japanese bank nor government will admit to having it.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2004, 05:58:59 PM »
<<....the Tsar had hoped to set up a nest-egg with the gold in London in case he was forced to abdicate.>>

This was, also, in the article.

For now,  let's get back to the known inheritance.  The properties of Alexandra and Ella.....  What were the names and where were they in Hesse?  And what was the worth of these properties?

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2004, 02:39:37 PM »
Okay,  I,  now,  have the book THE LOST FORTUNE OF THE TSARS by William Clarke.

I can't say I've changed my mind about the probability that Nicholas II had set up funds in various countries for the possibility that he may have to abdicate and go to England.

Under the chapter 13  MONEY p. 191  Clarke tells me and you quite clearly:
"Putting money in a bank is a private transaction between a bank and its customer.  The relationship is akin to that between a doctor and patient, or lawyer or other professional adviser and his client."  "The secrecy is often overdone in the interests of so-called professional etiquette; and the privacy rule can be both a protection to the client, whether alove or dead, and an unnecessary blockage to genuine inquiries."

In other words, unless the "real" Anastasia appeared with the proper papers or code,  that money is not reachable even by the most clever.

Since Nicholas II and his family often traveled to foreign countries,  private accounts could have easily been established.

So,  we can never know the amount of the "lost fortune" when seeking monies from the various banks.

I'm not sure about "desposit boxes" in banks  in those times.

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2004, 02:49:03 PM »
Page 215 of THE LOST FORTUNE OF THE TSARS is a sentence worth repeating:

"If Nicholas ran his own accounts in the way that he seems to have administered the country, then is is likely that very few people indeed had full knowledge of his monetary affairs."

Perhaps I should add:
"He rarely spoke to his advisers about topics or issues unrelated to their responsibilites.  'Divide and rule" was his watchword [stet]'."

It is true,  as far as we know,  Nicholas II withdrew the larger  known monies from various accounts to show his countrymen that he was loyal to Russia and to be loyal a Tsar needed to forget his personal wealth and return these monies to his government which was at war.  [See p. 218]

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2004, 04:04:52 PM »
THE LOST FORTUNE OF THE TSARS  p. 153:

"..the jewels which remained on the ground, in the mine shaft and in the Ipatiev ouse were later discovered by the White Russians investigators under Sokolov.  How these eventually reached Buckingham Palace, and why, even on arrival, they remained hidden for several weeks, we shall shortly discovered."

"...jewels"  sent to Buckingham Palace????

I knew about the box and the rest of the contents but not about "jewels".  Where did they go?  And to whom?  And when?

Ahhhhh,  turn to p. 155:

"Wilton soon discovered that Xenia had already received some of the jewels from Ekaterinburg...."

What jewels?  What was their worth?

I assume these jewels would have gone to Anastasia had she survived.

AGRBear

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2004, 04:17:52 PM »
You assume the word "jewels" to mean valuable and important things. HERE is the complete list of everything found:
http://www.alexanderpalace.org/palace/yelist.html

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2004, 04:34:06 PM »
The book said jewels p. 155 and then went on to say on p. 156:  Baroness Buxhoeveden wrote Xenia explaining in Countess Henrikova boxes  there was a box which contained a roll of cloth.  Within that roll were found the jewels of Empress Alexandra's. *  

Noted: *From Mountbatten archives.

Doesn't sound like anything on the list you've sent me to see.

AGRBear

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2004, 11:44:31 PM »
AGR Bear: We have answered your question about this subject repeatedly, over and over, time after time. Rather than thanking the posters for their information and moving on, you keep asking the same questions - which have already been answered! - as though the information had never been provided. I am going to suggest that this thread be locked if you keep this up.

One more time: there were few private assets that Anastasia would have inheritied had she survived. The best she could have hoped for would have been a tiny bit of money and perhaps a momento or two. That's it. If she was really fortunate, her relatives might have arranged a good marriage for her.

Contrary to what people thought, THERE WAS NO ROMANOV FORTUNE.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2004, 11:50:58 AM »
Pardon me for saying this,  but I've not received the answers to many of my questions.  I am sorry, Lisa, that this subject  seems to upset you.  Perhaps,  privately,  you like to send me a message explaining.   We do not need to do it on this thread.

Of course,  I am gratefull for the responses and new leads.

I was sent to view a book, which I bought, which I read and have found more questions to ask.  There were  statements made in that same book,  such as, the Empress jewels found in the roll of cloth by GD Xenia which I asked about.  I, also, was wondering the property of Alexandra.  I asked the name/ names and location and the value.

As for locking down my thread,  I'm not sure on what grounds you'd asked Forum Admin. to do this.  I know the Forum Admin. gets frustrated by some of my questions and my determination, but I think this is a very fair question:  Anastasia's inheritance would have been what had she survived?  

I know I'm not the only one curious.

AGRBear

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2004, 12:59:06 PM »

For the fifteenth time in this forum alone THERE WAS NO HUGE FORTUNE. Hunt for the Tsar got it WRONG. The money trail has been chased down and it ISN"T there.

I don't mean to belabor the subject but who were/are those people who have 'chased down' the Tsar's fortune and found that it wasn't there? And why did they do it? FA you must have some info on this?