Author Topic: No ones perfect!! not even Royalty!  (Read 42203 times)

Offline Michelle

• Knyaz
  • No more school forever!  Well,except college.
    • View Profile
Re: No ones prefect!! not even Royalty!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 10:58:03 AM »
That's Maria?  I thought it was Olga.  Looks like her eyebrows and eyes and mouth.......:-/ :-/

rskkiya

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2004, 11:34:11 AM »
Hello  
Wow! :D :D :D
What a hilarious photo of Anastasia! I really don't get into photos as much as many people here do, but that one is Brilliant!
Michelle I do think that you're right-- the person resting on the bed certainly looks more like Olga to me!
Any other perspectives?
Rskkiya

Offline atomic

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2004, 11:37:28 AM »

Any other perspectives?

It looks like Maria to me  ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by atomic »

rskkiya

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2004, 11:40:44 AM »
I like pics of the children when they are doing things that any other kid might do
Like these

The person in the top photo looks like Tatiana -- is this some exotic spa or steam bath?
I recognize Anastasia in the lower photo, but I am so confused by the upper one ...help?

easily confused rskkiya  ;)

Offline Sarai

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: No ones perfect!! not even Royalty!
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2004, 11:44:17 AM »
Michelle I do think that you're right-- the person resting on the bed certainly looks more like Olga to me!
Any other perspectives?

I agree that it also looks like Olga, but remember that out of all the sisters the ones that looked the most alike were probably Olga and Maria.

I've seen that picture identified in a book as that being Maria on the bed. This picture was apparently taken in the younger girls' bedroom, and since Maria and Anastasia shared their bedroom, it's likely Maria.

Oh, and that photo on top of the one of Anastasia "curtsying" I believe is Alexei, again, based on what I have seen it identified as in books and the way he looks to me.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Sarai_Porretta »

Offline Karentje

• So, we'll go no more a roving...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2004, 11:44:43 AM »
I thought it was Alexei ???, but I have no idea where he is or what he's doing. It's a mystery ;)

rskkiya

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2004, 11:52:45 AM »
Perhaps one of those soothing mud baths?
Sorry-- I thought it was one of the girls...(He doesn't seem too thrilled with the situation!)HeHeHe
Ahhh Well.
Rskkiya

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2004, 11:58:50 AM »
In my opinion, it is Marie who is lying down and being amused by her far more rambunctious sister, who is having a fine ol' time making that ghastly grimace courtesy the false teeth.

The child covered up with the bed coverings in the other photo is, I am 99% sure, Alexei.

Offline Angie_H

• Knyaz
  • http://booboogbs.deviantart.com My Colored Pics!
    • View Profile
    • Eigna
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2004, 01:16:06 PM »
I thought it was Alexei ???, but I have no idea where he is or what he's doing. It's a mystery ;)

It is Alexei , 1916 at Mogilev when he was visiting his father at his headquarters

Sergio

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2004, 04:59:53 PM »

I thought it was Alexei , but I have no idea where he is or what he's doing. It's a mystery

It is Alexei , 1916 at Mogilev when he was visiting his father at his headquarters.

What he`s doing?
It seems to me that we is playing as a soldier, with a pillow or a sheet on his head as a helmet, and with some kind of furniture as a fortification.
Look carefully and you can see Alexei pointing out something as if it was a gun.
It seems to make sense a young boy playing as a soldier as Alexei liked to were uniforms and was visiting his father at his headquarters.
What do you think?

Offline Angie_H

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eigna
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2004, 05:04:02 PM »
Sergio I agree with you. He's probably playing soldier. And hey you really can't bruised playing among pillows huh?

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2004, 05:09:52 PM »
Sergio, I think you hit the nail right on the head! And now I'm reminded that as a child I used to do the same thing--hide under covers, pillows, etc., then aim a toy weapon at all would-be attackers so I might protect my "fort"!

Offline Angie_H

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eigna
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2004, 05:10:04 PM »

Alexei looks like he wants to swing around the pole like any normal kid. I remember my grandmother had a pole like that off her backporch. We use to wrap our hands around to pole, jump off the stairs and swing around. But look at Anastasia, she has a look on her face like she knows it isn't a good idea. Were the girls required to watch over him too like his Sailor Nannies? Make sure he didn't hurt himself?

Offline James1941

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2004, 11:13:44 PM »
Two pictures that would go great in this section are the two that show all five of the children with their heads shaved. One shows front, one back, and only their heads are shown. It seems the measles they all had in 1917 caused their hair to fall out in chunks so they shaved their heads.
The two pictures are very amusing.
I have them but have no way of scanning them in.
Could someone who has these pictures send them to this site?

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2004, 03:43:22 AM »
about  1910:
Nicholas is laughting, Alix is listening Donatus of Hesse: