Author Topic: Pictures of Royalty on Web Sites  (Read 10119 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Pictures of Royalty on Web Sites
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 09:58:51 PM »
Lanie is correct.
It is fine to show: www.example.com as a link...
what I mean is it have bracket img http://www.example.com/coolpic.jpg close bracket img....to show the image in the posting.

Offline Joanna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Winter Palace Research
    • View Profile
    • Winter Palace Research
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 10:03:09 PM »
FA means using the image tag and directly putting an image onto your post from a website that isn't your own. :)  Including using those as your avatars, which I see people doing...

Oh my Lanie I am sorry but I am computer illiterate no! What is 'directly putting an image onto your post' to mean? I link to a site and if there is a specific photograph rather than have another search for it I will link to it also. Is that ok? And what is avatar to mean in English that I am doing that I no idea I am doing it? My apologies for how stupide I am!!!

Joanna

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 10:18:44 PM »
You're not stupid!  :)  The avatar is the little picture below people's names, like mine is of a picture I colored of GD Olga that I link directly from my website.  :)  Basically you cannot put an image in your post - like the colored photos I've been doing posted in some threads by me - without asking prior permission or at least saving it to your computer and uploading it to your own server (with permission, of course); it makes other people's bandwidth go crazy high. :)  

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 07:20:36 AM »

I also am confused on linking as when I find a site that others may be interested to see I always add the link to my post never realizing that it was causing problems to the owner. How can we do this in the future as I very much want the links that others share that I would never know of?

Joanna

Save the pic on your computer, get a free photobucket account, upload and post it from there. I gave directions in the 'posting pictures' thread on this page.

Offline Sarai

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 07:34:25 AM »
Lanie is correct.
It is fine to show: www.example.com as a link...
what I mean is it have bracket img http://www.example.com/coolpic.jpg close bracket img....to show the image in the posting.

OK, I understand now. I'm glad we can still provide links and that isn't the problem. Thank you for clearing that up!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Sarai_Porretta »