Author Topic: Without DNA  (Read 20629 times)

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
Re: Without DNA
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2006, 10:42:05 AM »
As for the money--if it wasn't there that pretty well destroys the House of Windsor's motive for tampering with the DNA evidence, but it also destroys the motive for people who knew Anastasia to support Anna Anderson for decades.  Why were some people who knew Anastasia well so convinced that Anna was her, if they had no reason to lie for an imposter to hope for a share in the money?

As for Diana, very similar situation to Anastasia.  Tragic end to a young life which might cause people to grope around for conspiracy theories, but so many coincidences including the extremely significant timing it is hard to just dismiss it.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »
I am not sure where it is but I started a thread about how much GD Anastasia would have inherited if she had survived.  There are some interesting facts in that discussion.  When I find it,  I'll bring the link to this post.

Here it is:
http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/YaBB.cgi?num=1098804752/0#0

AGRBear

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Sasta33

• You make me smile with my heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2006, 08:13:33 PM »
Quote from: Annie  link=1136636067/0#1 date=1136644212

...[in part]....
Reasons:

...2. Her story of escape by cart, travelling a distance of almost 3000 miles on muddy back roads with no food or medical care for someone so horribly injured just isn't realistic. I think when she  made up the story, she didn't realize just how far it was from Ekaterinburg to Bucharest. The trip would have taken over a year to make, including brutal Russian winters. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Of course,  I beg to differ since I had many relatives who managed this kind of trip in and around 1918.  Yes,  I know, Louis Charles,  just because I know someone who made this trip, doesn't mean GD Anastasia did.  I agree.  However,  I have all kinds of letters, diaries of people who did accomplish this in and around 1918 by cart [with or without a horse], dog sled, walked, rode in a carriage....  to Budapest then went on the Germany then migr. to the USA and lived around me where I lived as a child.

Since we don't know what kind of injuries, if any, the GD Anastasia indured,  we can't know if she would have survived a trip from Ekaterinburg to Budapest.  However, you could realize the possibility that GD Anastasia could have survived, if you have ever read any stories about WWI and the kind of wounds suffered and how these men survived without medical treatment from doctors but from having common everyday people who cared and kept them alive under this most server conditions.   These people who never saw a doctor had their own way of fixing injuries.  Of course, some remedies worked and some ended up killing the wounded person.

Quote from: AGRBear  link=1108091391/0#11 date=1108136413

...[in part]...
Here is a photographs of people traveling during the WWI in Russia:

AGRBear

I did mention the Tschaikovsky's in my post and that was referring to AA's story.

If GD Anastasia was rescued,  you don't know who her rescuer/rescuers were but the same thing would have been true.  It was possible to travel this distance,  by cart, at that time of the year from Siberia to Budapest in 1918 to 1919.

AGRBear

I agree with you, AGRBear (about the possibility of travel over long distances without/without injuries.) We have no idea of the extent of Anastasia's injuries from Ekaterinburg. People have survived the worst kinds of torture and escaped. Soldiers make it out of war by the skin of their teeth, with horrific injuries (often left untreated, or improperly cared for, back in the old days.) I know I've read accounts of terrible Civil War and WWI injuries of soldiers, who somehow made it out of the bloodbath alive. Where there is even the slimmest of possibilites, there is hope. Isn't that what keeps us alive, as human beings?

I know there will forever be a discussion over who survived (or didn't) that night. I doubt if it will ever stop, until someone finds such groundbreaking evidence that no one can dispute it. But as long as there is no definite answer, I will continue to believe in even the most miniscule chance that someone from the IF made it out alive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Sasta33 »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »
As for the money--if it wasn't there that pretty well destroys the House of Windsor's motive for tampering with the DNA evidence, but it also destroys the motive for people who knew Anastasia to support Anna Anderson for decades.  Why were some people who knew Anastasia well so convinced that Anna was her, if they had no reason to lie for an imposter to hope for a share in the money?

One of the weak theories I've read here is that the Queen did it to stop the shame on the family of denying poor AN after her family died because George V denied them asylum ::) :P I do not believe they even still think about that, what with Diana and all the other problems and controversies, and even if they did, I do not think they'd go to so much trouble to rig 4 DNA tests. Especially since switching the intestines would mean cutting open a member of the Schanskowksa family and removing exactly the same small piece AA had taken out.  ::)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »

One of the weak theories I've read here is that the Queen did it to stop the shame on the family of denying poor AN after her family died because George V denied them asylum ::) :P I do not believe they even still think about that, what with Diana and all the other problems and controversies, and even if they did, I do not think they'd go to so much trouble to rig 4 DNA tests. Especially since switching the intestines would mean cutting open a member of the Schanskowksa family and removing exactly the same small piece AA had taken out.  ::)

I think it is a shame that rumors are spread about Queen Elisabeth and her part in Diana's death or having taken part in rigging DNA tests.

I am not allowed to make any comments about "switching"  intestines on this forum, so, I can give no comment.

However, without the use of DNA,  I continue to think that the posters, who believe AA is FS, fail to explain certain differences between AA and FS such as:

1) The Wingenders  claim FS was taller than them which meant AA couldn't have been FS since AA was shorter than all three.  
2)  Timeline doesn't allow FS, if she was AA, a period of time to have carried a child to full term which the doctors at Dalldorf claimed she had during her physical exaimination.  This is when they changed her name from Miss Unknown to Mrs. Unkown.
3) The doctors and Dalldorf also noted in the records that all of AA's scars were old and if she had been AA and the wounds inflicted so she'd have the correct scars to match GD Anastasia's,  she would have had to have accomplished this feat more than a year earlier, that would have been in 1918-1919.  The real GD Anasastia vanished or was executed in July of 1918.
4)  The Wingender's reported FS missing weeks after AA had jumped into the Berlin Canal.  
5)  The grove on the side of AA's head would have been a very noticeable wound and yet the Wingenders and her own family, who had seen her 25 Dec 1919,  had not noticed any kind of injury for FS...
6)  Why is it that some poster continue to insist FS suffered injuries from a granade explosion when a medical report, which we are told exists by well known authors, will provide us with data which will tell us that  FS did not recieve any wounds?  Remember, one of the things her brother Felix stated in his testimony was that FS had no scars....

I do not believe AA was Grand Duchess Anastasia, however, I'm still not conviced that AA was FS when DNA evidence is not allowed as evidence.  

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152