Author Topic: Grace Kelly or Princess Diana?  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Lolita

• Who was once known as I_LOVE_OTMA
    • View Profile
Grace Kelly or Princess Diana?
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »
Which of the two do you like better?

I say Ms.Kelly for this one,in my opinion,she is 100x more beautiful and elegant than Diana is even though I love Diana too it's just I love Grace 100x more

Olishka~ Pincess

Re: Grace Kelly or Princess Diana?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 06:55:52 PM »
I agree I also think Grace Kelly is more beautiful than Princess Diana, I also like Grace Kelly better than Princess Diana even though I like Princess Diana though.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 07:46:46 PM »
They are two different women born 30+ years apart.  There is no fair comparison between the two women !!

Tampabay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »
Really, what is the point of this thread?  Simply to talk about who is more beautiful or who we liked more?  These two royals were from different generations, different countries and had entirely different roles - why and how can you compare them?

And again, Diana's title was Diana, Princess of Wales, it was never, ever "Princess Diana".

Offline HerrKaiser

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »
hmmmm. Much of this forum compares people from different periods and generations all the time. And, much discussion is made purely about who is "liked" and what they wear and look like. I personally see no difference in a discussion about Grace and Diana than the ones that have preceeded....if anyone is interested. Each of these women had fairytale marriages to princes, both beautiful, both socially aware, both popular, etc etc. I think while there are parallels to their lives, Grace had a much longer tenure in her royal role and probably succeeded better in accompishing her phianthropic goals, likely due in large part to her enduring and positive marriage vs that of Diana's. In terms of pure 'likeability" I would prefer to have had dinner with diana, if given the choice between her and Grace, largely because of Diana's more mainstream views on issues and her willingness to adventure into territories usually off limits to her status.
HerrKaiser

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »
I think that is it unfair to compare the two ladies. Both had tragic deaths. I think though that Rainer III loved Grace more than Charles ever loved Diana.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 06:36:12 AM »
Lynn there is somethings you need to learn about.

Even though both beautiful women died in terrible car crashes they are very different.

Grace Kelly was already a famous actress and was used to the media, cameras and paparazzi.

Diana wasnt and never did get used to the paparazzi. 

Grace was 27 when she married Rainer. 

Diana was only 20 which makes her still a baby.  She didnt really have much of a life from the work she did was far from glitz and glamour.  She worked as a cleaner, a waitress and and in childcare.

When she got engaged she had people following her everywhere which would be pretty scary for someone who wasnt used to it.

Moving on lets look at eras. 

They were from both different times.

I think in my opinion Diana had a sad life.   She wasnt really accepted by the Royal family.  Her best friend was Sarah "Fergie" whow was also an outcast.

Since she got engaged to Charles the cameras followed her. Everything she did was judged not only by the royal family but by the public.

There was always scandals for poor Diana.

Lets put it this way

Grace was loved by Rainer and accepted into the royal household.

Diana was loved by the public and not accepted into the household.  Here is something you dont know.  Charles slept with Camellia (sorry spelling) on the night before the wedding of him and Diana.   Charles was deeply in love with Cam and didnt marry her because of the queen's intervention until present day of course.   Charles never loved Diana in a romantic way.   He saw her as a fresh face that the younger generation could love for the royal family to still be popular.

Hope this clears up of your uh not wanting to be rude but yeah the original post.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 03:32:16 AM »
Just a couple of things I disagree with in Rosieposie's post:-

*Diana was used to the paparazzi - that didn't mean she always welcomed their intrusion or handled them in the wisest way she could have.  I'm not sure Grace did either at times.
*Diana's years leading up to her marriage and entry into the royal family were happy ones, according to family and friends.  She enjoyed working part-time (even though she didn't have to financially) but she was never a waitress.
*Grace was loved by her husband but she wasn't accepted by the royal household at all in the beginning.  Many of the prince's staff had worked for him in the palace for years and didn't appreciate his American bride at all and were most resistant to change.  Grace's diplomacy and patience eventually won them over but her early years in Monaco were quite difficult, compounded by her rather poor French which she mastered later on.
*If Charles 'slept with Camilla' the night before his wedding to Diana, why haven't any of Diana's worthy biographers, such as Sarah Bradford and Tina Brown written of it?  Where does this come from?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:47:18 AM by Grace »

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »
Alot of people know.    I mean one last fling before he got married.   Those biographers of course would of been hushed up.   
Thanks Emily!

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 08:08:32 AM »
*Also it said she worked as a waitress in wikepidia.  So dont knock it.
Thanks Emily!

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »
Wikipedia is not always 100% reliable, as has been said on this forum many times.  Diana never waited at table.

Regarding your assertion of Charles bedding Camilla the night before his marriage to Diana:-  perhaps you're thinking of the pre-wedding ball?  It was noted that Charles did a disappearing act for an hour or two during this, bringing criticism that he left Diana on her own with people she didn't know.  Charles was apparently still there, but was cavorting around in another area with 'The Goons', his favourite comedy team. 

Tina Brown comments in her book The Diana Chronicles that he loved The Goons as much as he loved Camilla, which is a bit of a worry.  ::)

Russophile

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
My vote is for Grace Kelly. She was much, MUCH more stable than Diana ever was. And Diana did enjoy the royal title of HRH until the divorce, then she was "stripped" of it, no doubt to stop the formation of "warring camps" (England had seen that before, think of Eleanor of Aquitane and Henry II) though it was a very unpopular move by Her Majesty.
Diana did much good for England and the World, but she was a media hound and a very tempremental and mercurical personality.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
Diana wasn't 'stripped' of her HRH title 'to stop the formation of warring camps' at all, Russophile - she automatically lost the right to it when her marriage to Charles ended and she was no longer a member of the royal family. 

Yes, Diana became a 'temperamental and mercurial' personality but she wasn't that way to start with.  Talk to Prince Charles about that.  ;)

Russophile

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/20/newsid_2538000/2538985.stm
Don't forget Queen Caroline. I don't think Her Majesty did when this article came out. . .