Author Topic: Nicholas and Noah's Ark - Did His Pilot Find It?  (Read 8442 times)

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
Nicholas and Noah's Ark - Did His Pilot Find It?
« on: June 27, 2005, 03:51:57 PM »
 :)

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find it if it was.  :-X

In the Lovell book on Anna Anderson (not the Peter Kurth one) it mentioned that Nicholas had been sent some air pictures of what appeared to be the Ark on Mt.
Ararat - he then commissioned a party to investigate.

In sum, they brought back pictures of what appeared to be the ark and some small timbers, which were made into icons for Alix, Alexei and the girls.   ::)

Anyone else read or hear this?

Thanks,
Janet R.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 04:20:18 PM by Alixz »
Janet R.

Finelly

Re: Nicholas and the Ark?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 06:49:57 PM »
It is a fact that when people invented airplanes and started flying over that area, someone spotted a formation that they claimed was the lost ark.  Subsequent investigations have revealed that while there are some fragments of wood, it is from a much later date than the noah story.

It wouldn't suprise me if Nicholas financed some exploration and, as orthodox tend to like relics, received small pieces of the wood.

Offline brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 07:55:27 PM »
I remember seeing something about this awhile back on TV,  I think it was a discovery channel documentary but I dont remember for sure. Anyway,  I looked around a little online and came across a site said this on it:

"A Russian pilot flying over the area reported a dark structure about the size of a battleship with a rounded-over top on Mount Ararat. He claimed it was definitely a boat. In 1917, Czar Nicholas dispatched two companies of soldiers to locate and document the extraordinary find. Incredibly in view of failed later expeditions, they had no trouble finding the relic. After measuring it, they made a photographic record of it. Later that year, Russia was in the throes of the Revolution that saw the defeat of Czar Nicholas, and the photographic evidence disappeared. It was seen, though. Anastasia, the Czar's youngest daughter, reported seeing the photographs and reading the report. She also reportedly wore a cross made from the wood of Noah's Ark."

Here's a link to the site I pulled this off of,  for anyone intersted in reading the rest of the article.

http://www.theoutlaws.com/unexplained10.htm

Offline brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 02:52:31 PM »
I came across this article online today, for anyone interested.

"In the summer of 1916, during the thaw, Lieutenant Roskovitsky of the Russian Imperial Air Force noticed a half-frozen lake on the shelf or gully on the side of Mount Ararat while flying high-altitude test to observe Turkish troop movements. As they flew nearer to the lake, he saw a half submerged hull of some sort of ship. He noticed two stubby masts and a flat catwalk along the top. The following excerpts were taken from Berlitz.
In Roskovitsky's words (from the New Eden Magazine, California, 1939): "We flew down as close as safety permitted and took several circles around it. We were surprised when we got close to it, at the immense size of the thing, for it was as long as a city block, and would compare very favorably in size to the modern battleships of today. It was grounded on the shore of the lake, with one-fourth underwater. It had been partly dismantled on one side near the front, and on the other side there was a great doorway nearly twenty feet square, but with the other door gone. This seemed quite out of proportion, as even today, ships seldom have doors even half that large ...."

He then told his captain who wanted to be flown over the site. The captain stated that it was Noah's Ark and explained the reason for its survival as "frozen up for nine of ten months of the year, it couldn't rot, and has been in cold storage, as it were, all this time .... "

The captain forwarded a report back to St. Petersburg resulting in orders from the Tsar to send two engineering companies up the mountain. One group of fifty men attacked one side, and the other group of one hundred men attacked the big mountain from the other side. Two weeks of hard work were required to chop out a trail along the cliffs of the lower part of the mountain, and it was nearly a month before the Ark was reached. Complete measurements were taken, and plans drawn of it, as well as many photographs, all of which were sent to the Tsar.

From the magazine article: "The Ark was found to contain hundreds of small rooms, and some rooms that were very large, with high ceilings. The unusually large rooms had a fence of great timbers across them, some of which were two feet thick, as if designed to hold beasts ten times the size of elephants. Other rooms were also lined with tiers of cages, somewhat like what one sees today at a poultry show, only instead of chicken wire, they had rows of small iron bars along the front. Everything was heavily painted with a waxlike paint resembling shellac, and the workmanship of the craft showed all the signs of a high type of civilization. The wood used throughout was oleander, which belongs to the cypress family and never rots; which of course, coupled with the fact of its being frozen most of the time, accounted for its perfect preservation."

The investigation officers sent photographs and reports by courier back to Petrograd, to the personal attention of the Tsar. But Nicholas II apparently never received them during the breakdown of communications that followed the February and October Revolutions of 1917. The results of the investigation have never been found or reported.. A rumor says the results and pictures of the Ark came to the attention of Leon Trotsky, who either destroyed them or placed them in a file destined to be kept permanently secret. And the courier who delivered the news, his silence was sealed with his execution. "

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:36:59 PM »
Coming into this discussion rather late, but it's as well to continue it rather than starting another discussion on an already-existing topic.

Yes, I believe it was the Discovery Channel documentary on Noah's Ark, which interviewed a lady who had written a book on Anna Anderson.  It wasn't the Kurth or Lovell books because this was definitely a lady speaking.  She said the photographs and report had been seen by Anastasia, who also wore a small cross made of wood from the Ark.  The photographs and report subsequently disappeared in the chaos of the Revolution.  Since we now know that Anna Anderson wasn't Anastasia, this didn't happen, but did the story originate with Anna Anderson, did she repeat something someone else told her, or did someone else simply make up this story about her, which was then repeated?

I was hoping someone who actually knew Anastasia had repeated the story to AA, so that the expedition could at least be real, but the Wikipedia entry on the Ark says that at the time the expedition was supposedly made, Russia was already suffering war troubles and no evidence has ever been found of such an expedition.  The history of these expeditions is quite a read.  Almost every report turns out to be a hoax or otherwise unsupported and unscientific.  Why not mount a REAL scientific expedition to the area and just get the real story?  If the thing is real, it belongs in a shrine--without it, none of us would be here.  If it isn't real, WHAT THE HECK IS IT?

Offline Mari

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 05:44:30 AM »

Has Noah's Ark been found? shows slide show of all those who have looked for it..including Czar Nicholas. from AOL news

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 04:18:27 PM by Alixz »