Author Topic: Colored pictures XXI  (Read 52670 times)

Offline GDLynn

• AnastasiaNRfan
    • View Profile
Re: Colored pictures XXI
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »
New One!

OTMA:

Lynn

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Joyann1

• Boyar
  • We can only move forward.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »
great one only it looks like they came from africa insted of russia lol

Offline Aliss_Kande

• Graf
  • Viktoria Luise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »

Offline Stasie

• Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 12:24:56 AM »
There is a way to really know which colour peoples clothes were? In the case of Court Gowns it's easy, for we know how exactly they were...But for daily life dresses and suits? We also have the summer little dresses OTMA wore when very little, so we are aware about their colour. However, I don't think we can really know about the rest of their clothes...

I was thinking about it, for I saw some colorizations (not only here) where colours seems not to fit what was fashionable back then. I have more than 300 old magazines from OTMA's time with publicity of clothes, furniture, toys , etc and the colours casted there are not always those used in colorization. For example pink (especially this fucsia kind of pink) was not fashionable for girls those times. Maybe a shawl, a sash in pink will be O.K...but the whole dress in this kind of pink? Ugh...Not for the 1900's! (and I don't like it today...girls seems to be pink meringue wearing these pinky clothes!  :D ) It will be the same for electric blue (France blue) and "parrot green" (I can't explain it better) and too bright yellow..Of course they would wear pink, blue, green and yellow, but not those kind of pink, blue, green and yellow...

Of course, I've not authority to say this, since I don't even know how to colorice a circle with a PC program, but since I love fashion's history I think I can help in some way...If I didn't hurt someone... :-\

RealAnastasia.

Offline Baby Tsarevich

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Anastacia Pavlovna V.
    • View Profile
    • Alyosha Sunbeam. (Mine and Dana's)
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 03:09:01 AM »
Great job everyone. Emily, I especially love your new work!

-Anya
 ;)

AlyoshaSunbeam.com
updtd jan.22;2007.
check out the new addition: Nasha Russia

Offline GDLynn

• AnastasiaNRfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 08:22:01 AM »
RealAnastasia, Thank you for telling us this. I will take this in to account when I am coloring photo!

Lynn

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
There is a way to really know which colour peoples clothes were? In the case of Court Gowns it's easy, for we know how exactly they were...But for daily life dresses and suits? We also have the summer little dresses OTMA wore when very little, so we are aware about their colour. However, I don't think we can really know about the rest of their clothes...

I was thinking about it, for I saw some colorizations (not only here) where colours seems not to fit what was fashionable back then. I have more than 300 old magazines from OTMA's time with publicity of clothes, furniture, toys , etc and the colours casted there are not always those used in colorization. For example pink (especially this fucsia kind of pink) was not fashionable for girls those times. Maybe a shawl, a sash in pink will be O.K...but the whole dress in this kind of pink? Ugh...Not for the 1900's! (and I don't like it today...girls seems to be pink meringue wearing these pinky clothes!   ) It will be the same for electric blue (France blue) and "parrot green" (I can't explain it better) and too bright yellow..Of course they would wear pink, blue, green and yellow, but not those kind of pink, blue, green and yellow...

Of course, I've not authority to say this, since I don't even know how to colorice a circle with a PC program, but since I love fashion's history I think I can help in some way...If I didn't hurt someone...

RealAnastasia.

That's very interesting! I knew pink was often used for boys, but I did not know it wasn't popular for girls.

Offline Joyann1

• Boyar
  • We can only move forward.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 04:50:13 PM »
i didnt know either always tought they used much white,black,brown and pink but not

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »
Great job everyone. Emily, I especially love your new work!

-Anya
 ;)

ANYA! :HUG:
oh its soo good to see you again :D

I was thinking about it, for I saw some colorizations (not only here) where colours seems not to fit what was fashionable back then. I have more than 300 old magazines from OTMA's time with publicity of clothes, furniture, toys , etc and the colours casted there are not always those used in colorization. For example pink (especially this fucsia kind of pink) was not fashionable for girls those times. Maybe a shawl, a sash in pink will be O.K...but the whole dress in this kind of pink? Ugh...Not for the 1900's! (and I don't like it today...girls seems to be pink meringue wearing these pinky clothes!  :D ) It will be the same for electric blue (France blue) and "parrot green" (I can't explain it better) and too bright yellow..Of course they would wear pink, blue, green and yellow, but not those kind of pink, blue, green and yellow...

Of course, I've not authority to say this, since I don't even know how to colorice a circle with a PC program, but since I love fashion's history I think I can help in some way...If I didn't hurt someone... :-\

RealAnastasia.

hmm very intriguing!
. Josh Groban .

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 10:13:21 PM »

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »
well done clock :D
. Josh Groban .

Offline Duchess Georgiana

• Love4Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 12:36:38 AM »
I'm proud of this one I just did..

B&W picture
"Soon it will be a year since we saw our friends.Well, it's nothing.  God will grant us all to meet again."

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 08:15:20 AM »
You should be!
it looks amazing :o
. Josh Groban .