Author Topic: Remains of Heir have been found and Identified  (Read 99934 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: Remains of Heir may have been found.
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2007, 10:50:56 AM »
Nena,

You and I agree.  We think  Alexei was taller than GD Anastasia.

But,  at this time,  all we can to is make assumptions.   I haven't found a photo or  anything written that tells us  how much Alexei grew up to July of 1918.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2007, 01:38:14 PM »
AGR bear, maybe he was taller than Anastasia, but to be honest, I can not imagine him taller than Anastasia, I really don't know, maybe I am mistaken......
well,I have no more words to say anything......
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Lyss

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2007, 08:00:29 AM »
13 and 14 year old boys can have such a growth in a year th you can be surprised. I remember once visiting a friends parents and meeting his 12-year old brother, who was a little smaller than me. A year later I had to look up, to meet his eyes. I believe he grew more than 10 cm!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
I am 16 now, and I became taller than my father in 15, so my personal oppinion is Alreksei couldn't be taller than NII, so than Anastasia.....well.....
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »
Boys can grow very quickly. This is well documented.

Offline Naslednik

• Boyar
    • View Profile
test for hemophilia dna
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2007, 01:47:59 PM »
Hello Forum,

This is my first post, so please be forgiving.  Does anyone know if the male remains are decent enough to test for the genetic marker for hemophilia, or are they too degraded?

Naslednik

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: test for hemophilia dna
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »
Hello Forum,

This is my first post, so please be forgiving.  Does anyone know if the male remains are decent enough to test for the genetic marker for hemophilia, or are they too degraded?

Naslednik

A reasonable question, to be sure. We don't know yet about the condition of the DNA in the new remains. I have a feeling that yet again, the identification of Romanov remains may make history - again.

The answer to your question is - we simply don't know yet.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
Re: test for hemophilia dna
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
Hello Forum,

Naslednik

Welcome to the Forum!

At this stage of the ongoing Soloviev Inquiry no genetic testing has been undertaken.

The SEARCH Foundation has been directly involved to ensure that two U. S. based forensic investigators, which shall include Anthony Falsetti from the C.A. Pound Human Identification Laboratory will travel to Ekaterinburg in the next few days.

The forensic scientist from the U. S. Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory (AFDIL) will take samples and run their own independent tests in their laboratory.

Evgenii Rogaev (involved in the First Soloviev Inquiry) will conduct his independent genetic evaluations in Moscow.

The two institutions involved will run their tests in parallel which shall expedite matters somewhat.

These investigators have not had the opportunity to examine any of the material and determine whether the DNA has degraded.

It must be kept in mind that the remains were subjected to fire.

Regards,

Margarita Nelipa
(SEARCH Foundation Inc.)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »
Please accept appreciation for keeping us updated.  This appeared on an American news program just tonight as if the discovery was new, but with no additional information.  Whoever wrote the news program thought the Grand Duchess discovered was Maria.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2007, 10:37:20 AM »
The Russians maintain that Anastasia was in the first grave, therefore, Maria was still missing. Thw riter of the story was going by what was released.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2007, 03:38:35 PM »
The Russians maintain that Anastasia was in the first grave, therefore, Maria was still missing. Thw riter of the story was going by what was released.

... and there is no reason to place doubt over their informed conclusions.

Margarita

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2007, 05:24:41 PM »
The fact remains there is dispute as to the identity of the (perhaps previously) missing daughter. Maples and other believe it is Anastasia. The Russians mostly seem to believe it is Maria. There are those of us who say, we will not know for sure until they are all found. Evidence suggests that that this is the case - in this instance, there is also no reason not to wait for the judgement of the scientists who are studying the remains.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2007, 05:58:17 PM »
The fact remains there is dispute as to the identity of the (perhaps previously) missing daughter. Maples and other believe it is Anastasia. 

Anastasia is interred in St. Petersburg, and has been since 1998.

The First Soloviev Forensic Inquiry released in January, 1998 has confirmed that fact.

Any dispute lies with those who prefer to ignore solid Russian scientific investigation.

Margarita

Offline Romanov_Fan19

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2007, 07:13:32 PM »
When will we know for sure  you say the test will be run over the next few days  so that long????  Longer
will US Channels ever pick up this story maybe do a Documentary    like NOVA Did   when Anna Anderson was proven a fruad

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »
The fact remains there is dispute as to the identity of the (perhaps previously) missing daughter.

Are you publicly challenging the conclusions of the First Soloviev Inquiry Ms Davidson?