Author Topic: Remains of Heir have been found and Identified  (Read 99932 times)

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
Re: Remains of Heir may have been found.
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »
When will we know for sure 

Please refer to the information I have posted here: http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php/topic,10115.30.html

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2007, 01:37:38 AM »
The fact remains there is dispute as to the identity of the (perhaps previously) missing daughter.

Are you publicly challenging the conclusions of the First Soloviev Inquiry Ms Davidson?

What I do object to as a historian is the assumption that this previous inquiry was entirely correct when all the facts are not in. As far as what I believe, I fall closer to agreement with the Russian position - but that is not based on facts. Dr. William Maples was a well regarded forensic scientist in his time and he had a different opinion as to the missing daughter.

If we are mere months from having the majority of the answers on this case, I fail to see how stiffling any dissent with the Inquiry is very helpful, let alone scholarly. Believe me, no one wants answers on this case more than I do. However, I do challenge the impression you give others that you have all of the answers, Margarita, because you don't. Neither do I. And so I am saying let the scientists do their jobs. Are you saying that is not a reasonable position given all the jumping to conclusions that have taken place on this case over the years?

Alixz

« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2007, 10:33:27 AM »

This is the picture that always amazes me!  Look how much older and healthier and taller Alexei looks.

Now if we could just find one from this time where Alexei and Nicholas are both standing straight, we could come to a better conclusion as to height.

This picture is, of course, from Yale Beinecke.  Alexei is beginning to look like a teenager.  He is definitely not a little boy any more.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:36:47 AM by Alixz »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:04 PM »
I agree, Alix. And he  looks even older in the pics taken on the Rus, you can see how 'long and lanky' his adolescent face and limbs had gotten. I really think a lot of people imagine Alexei as a child even at the end because of the statue and some of the artwork, or just an impression of a sick little boy, but in those last two years Alexei was growing up.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:25:30 PM by Annie »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2007, 01:48:24 PM »

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »
AGR bear, maybe he was taller than Anastasia, but to be honest, I can not imagine him taller than Anastasia, I really don't know, maybe I am mistaken......
well,I have no more words to say anything......
I agree with you. Even in pictures from Tobolsk Alexei is still a few inches shorter than Nicholas. He does look skinnier in the last picture of him but that could easily be explained from losing weight from his illness.
I've always believed Anastasia wasn't in the first grave. All the remains are too tall and too old to be her. Everything points to Maria and I see no reason one would think Maria would be missing.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »

mmmmm., when that one was taken? 1917? 1918/ Tobolsk?
please......
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »

[/quoteve always believed Anastasia wasn't in the first grave. All the remains are too tall and too old to be her. Everything points to Maria and I see no reason one would think Maria would be missing.
[/quote]
  Well, a lot of experts disagreed with you. So be it. What difference does it make anyway?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »

mmmmm., when that one was taken? 1917? 1918/ Tobolsk?
please......

It was on the Rus, being transferred to Ekaterinburg. Last pics ever taken of Alexei.

I really think one of the reasons people keep thinking of Alexei as a little boy is because of artwork like this

http://www.cpinternet.com/mbayly/ekaterinburg.htm

You see here he appears as a babe in arms, little more than a toddler, maybe 6? when actually the boy was nearly 14. Images like this, IMO, influence the way some people imagine him and have a hard time considering him as having grown much bigger.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:33:20 PM by Annie »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2007, 04:20:59 PM »

What difference does it make anyway?

The difference it makes to me is that I want it all wrapped up and official with no loose strings or questions to FINALLY put and end to the story and all claimants. If there's always doubt over which girl it was you'll never hear the last of those claiming AN got away (though even if they do put an end to it and all the tests come in the last 2 kids have been found there will still be conspiracy theories) It's great we've found the last 2 kids but let's get everyone positively ID'd and buried in the right grave, turn out the light and say night night to all the speculation. (we also need acceptance of all remains by the ROC)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:31:15 PM by Annie »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »

What difference does it make anyway?

The difference it makes to me is that I want it all wrapped up and official with no loose strings or questions to FINALLY put and end to the story and all claimants.

But it will never happen, no matter how convincing and legitimate the evidence is... you should just accept that and move on.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »
What I meant, Annie, was what difference does it make which girl was in what grave? They both died in the same place at the same time. and, of course there are die-hards who will never accept the truth, no matter what it is. There will always be picky windbags asking how many shoelaces  were in Alexei's boots, even if it  has not the least bit of relevence. I would bet that after all the tests are finished, results published, a new book will appear proving it all false. Helen is right, this will never end. And, there will always be claimants of descendants of "survivors".  They are all sillier than circus clowns, imo.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »
Helen and Robert are quite right, I'm sad to admit.

Look, many still doubt that the original remains ARE the IF, even though Nicholas II's remains MATCHED George Alexandrovitch's down to a unique heteroplasmy mutation.  People grab on to what they WANT to believe, and will go down in flames to the grave defending that belief no matter how really ludicrous it is.

Elvis still lives, Man never walked on the moon, Amelia Erhardt was  a Japanese POW, Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, Anna Anderson was really ANR....Some fiction never dies, it lives on as myth for those who can not let go in face of reality.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »
Helen and Robert are quite right, I'm sad to admit.

Look, many still doubt that the original remains ARE the IF, even though Nicholas II's remains MATCHED George Alexandrovitch's down to a unique heteroplasmy mutation.  People grab on to what they WANT to believe, and will go down in flames to the grave defending that belief no matter how really ludicrous it is.Some fiction never dies, it lives on as myth for those who can not let go in face of reality.

Oh I know, but I still keep hoping, if there were ever enough evidence..nah, it'll never be enough for some.  ::) :'(

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »
Over on another [redundant] thread, arguments are going on about how tall the boy was. What diffrenece does it make?  The identity of what few bones are left are to be determined by forensic dna testing. not skeletal reconstruction, so- why does it matter how tall he was when he was shot in the brain? Some of these discussions are no "search for the truth", they are just ploys for attention, how many times can one  pester others with nonsense? Jjust like the myriad claimants and their protagonasts and authors. In MY Opinion
Oh, and I have even begun on those blasted coins!