Author Topic: What Difference Does It Make [if the last remains have been found]?  (Read 17359 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Re: What Difference Does It Make?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 11:08:41 PM »
It makes a lot of difference to my poor horse. He hopes when the results come in he can finally rest in peace.

Offline RichC

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »
As for pretenders after the 1917 revolution  and the well documented 1918 Ekaterinburg massacre, they have no relevance whatsoever. Russians never took any of them at all seriously. 

That's my understanding too.  The stories of escape, so popular on this board, have never been taken seriously or generated much interest in Russia itself.  Although other parts of the assassination story, no less fictional, have gained much traction in Russia.

I was talking about this matter, this evening, with another forum member, and it really is noteworthy, I think, that escape (and possible restoration to power) has NEVER been part of the Russian national secular and religious hagiography surrounding the last imperial family.  They're no good as survivors, or escapees. 

Offline DeAnochka

• Boyar
  • "Simply the thing I am shall make me live"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »
The story has itself about two paragraphs in the New Zealand Herald. I'm actually surprised that it has anything at all - but it goes to show that this discovery is important all around the world. It makes a huge difference to a lot of people.

Of course there will always be people out there to ruin the joy of an event of this proportion.

This is, after all, a board of people who hoped that the two bodies would one day be found and are THANKFUL that such a revelation has been made.

Offline mikeycoleman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 01:10:44 AM »
But I like your poor old dead horse, Annie.  What will we all do when no one can beat him up?

Mikey

Offline Mari

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 01:12:02 AM »
This is, after all, a board of people who hoped that the two bodies would one day be found and are THANKFUL that such a revelation has been made.
Posted on: Yesterday at 11:14:06 PM
Posted by: RichC

I agree with you totally...and not just this Board....Professors of World History, Archaeologists, History Majors and Enthusiasts, Museum Curators, Archivists, Researchers in this Field, Authors of Books on the Imperial Family and Movie Goers throughout the years inspired by such movies as Nicholas and Alexandria, Orthodox Church in Russia. There are a lot more People than you would think interested in this!

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 02:05:41 AM »
The imposter protaganists will be relegated to the garbage bin of history with other trash.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 02:50:52 AM »
The imposter protaganists will be relegated to the garbage bin of history with other trash.

It will be difficult for most of the imposter protaganists to admit that they made a gross error in judgement. Conspiracy ideas will continue to abound and nothing much will change for those who enjoy such trivia.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Phil_tomaselli

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 05:06:39 AM »
If nothing else it might mean we get some new conspiracy theories..........................

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 06:12:30 AM »
After what Margarita posted about the news conference, there really can't be much doubt. They told how they found it, what they found, and how they were handled and gave the names of those handling the remains. Those still wanting to make excuses for their imposter will have to dig even harder than the archaeologists to come up with theories this time. I know they will, but they won't be believed. It is very sad that after all these years and all that happened to them these dead can't be respected as who they really are because some would rather their imposter be real. Even if the results come back conclusively, there will still be accusations of tampering, setups and faking the whole find instead of admitting they were wrong to back the imposter.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:15:51 AM by Annie »

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »
Yes well these pathetic supporters of imposters should be placed all in the same room so they can go on about it all in the one room. Nobody takes them seriously anymore. As the years pass they will become a smaller and smaller and increasingly ridiculous group. Prince Felix Yussopov had the right idea about them all decades ago. No wonder any personage who knew the imperial family closely rejected all the imposters as they knew they were complete and utter fakes. It defies imagination how anybody could have ever thought anybody could have escaped from the Bolsheviks. They were some of the most bloody murderers of all time. They had no room for empathy or sympathy. They just wanted as many Romanovs dead as possible. This is clearly shown with what happened to the Romanovs in Ekaterinburg, Apalavesk and as late as 1919 in the St.Peter and St.Paul Fortress. Maria Feodorovna and the Romanovs in the Crimea would have also have been murdered if they had not left in time. 

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »
True.

The Reds didn't have the reputation of letting many Romanovs pass through their net. And even in the 20's and the 30's, they tried to murder those who had escaped.

One I'm looking forward to hear what he has to say after this discovery is Mr. Kurth...  ;D

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »
We at the APA are very happy about the news of this discovery. There is every reason for optimism from the further forensic tests. For those who participated in this discovery, our heartfelt thanks.

I am not pleased about the lack of proper manners or graciousness exhibited by some posters on this thread. I will therefore remind everyone that our standards require treating others with respect and courtesy. Even now, perhaps especially now.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »
... One I'm looking forward to hear what he has to say after this discovery is Mr. Kurth...  ;D

Do it really matter anymore?

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
Of course there will always be people out there to ruin the joy of an event of this proportion.

I don't think anyone is trying to ruin the joy of the discovery for those whose lives were not complete until the bodies were found.

The question is just what is the "proportion" of this discovery.  The notion that "Professors of World History" (to draw from one post) are going to be wrapping themselves around this discovery is something of a stretch.

From a historical perspective, the discovery of these two bodies would only make a difference if the false claimants had actually had some impact on the political affairs of nations or the course of Russian history and those claims needed to be disproved in order to counter their influence.  But that has never been the case.  Anna Anderson -- who came far closer than any other claimant to gaining popular acceptance -- tied up a German courtroom for a while, created a media stir now and again, and inspired several movies and books.  But Soviet leadership never so much as glanced in her direction.  The Russian people did not look to her for deliverance.  And no other nations let her claim in any way affect their dealings with the Soviet Union.

If Anastasia or Alexei as survivors could have had no impact on the course of world or Russian events, how could the proof that they died when, where, and how most peoople believed all along have any impact?

I'm not saying it's not an interesting story.  But I find the story of the two English princes in the tower more historically significant as their fates actually made a difference in who ruled England after their disappearance.  And I find the question of the fate of Louis XVI's son more historically significant, as there was actually a Bourbon restoration during what would have been his normal lifespan.

Yet, even with the far greater bearing the survival of these English and French royals would have had on history, how much focus is put on their fates in the study of history today?  The study of Russian history, not to mention world  history, will treat this as a footnote even shorter than those assigned to discuss the fates of the English princes and Louis XVII.

That is the real proportion of this story that so fascinates us today.

And, as I watch the crowing beginning on this board about having "won" against the arch enemy and the beginning of defensive arguments and conspiracy theories elsewhere on the internet, I just want to grab everyone by the collar and say . . . "Come on, everybody.  Let's show some sense of true proportion here." 

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »

It will be difficult for most of the imposter protaganists to admit that they made a gross error in judgement. Conspiracy ideas will continue to abound and nothing much will change for those who enjoy such trivia.

Alas...