Author Topic: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg  (Read 88340 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
I thought this articles PLAYING POLITICS WITH THE ROMANOVS   By YURI ZARAKHOVICH  Tue Aug 28, 12:50 AM ET in the TIMES  was interesting:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20070828/wl_time/playingpoliticswiththeromanovs

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Phil_tomaselli

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2007, 03:15:51 PM »
Nice story - but how much of it checks out?

Phil Tomaselli

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2007, 04:47:08 PM »
I agree. They are still attacking the DNA results made on the Romanovs buried in 1998, so...

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2007, 11:27:05 PM »
Well the DNA tests on the latest remains will solve all of this once and for all. There is no doubt about the existing remains of Nicholas II, Alexandra Feodorovna and the three daughters and the servants murdered in Ekaterinburg. These have been proved.

Offline mikeycoleman

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »
No doubt to most people, dmitri.  There are still some fringe lunatics who think otherwise.

Mikey

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »
I agree. They are still attacking the DNA results made on the Romanovs buried in 1998, so...

Are you referring to the reporter's article in the TIMES  mag.?

I thought this articles PLAYING POLITICS WITH THE ROMANOVS   By YURI ZARAKHOVICH  Tue Aug 28, 12:50 AM ET in the TIMES  was interesting:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20070828/wl_time/playingpoliticswiththeromanovs

AGRBear

Here is a link which presents a number of articles Zarakhovich has written.  I've not had the time to read any of the others but see from the sheer numbers of articles that  he's not a newbie  reporting  on Russian politics: 

http://www.magportal.com/c/soc/reg/eur/ukr/old.php3/3

Since I'm not into  present day Russian politics,  I  need to ask:  Does Zarakhovich have a reputation  which we should be aware because I didn't pick up any  opinions that he was the one  questioning the old DNA tests or  the new ones occuring  in Ekaterinburg?   To me,  he was just reporting information.   So,  to those in the know,  was his information accurate, or,  was it   inaccurate and misleading?

And,  no,  I don't know the answer,  if I did,  I wouldn't be asking.

AGRBear

"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »
Roll on the results of the DNA tests.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2007, 07:44:44 PM »
Another thing I was thinking of, besides that no other bodies have been found out there besides the IF, is that the Bolsheviks wouldn't have gone to so much trouble to hide, rehide and try to conceal a grave of some 'merchants.' Most non famous people were just left where they were shot, or maybe put in a mass grave of an entire town. The fact that they were so painstakingly disguised and hidden is another sign they were the IF (besides the DNA of course!)

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »
Speaking of burial, should DNA prove (and IMO it will) that these are the missing remains of the Imperial Children, Certainly they too would be buried in St. Petersburg?  Any speculation on whether Ekaterinburg will try to hold them as they did in 1991. Any thoughts?
And if they are the Imperial Children, would there be a different ceremony considering they are considered canonised?  Forgive my ignorance, but I did not know where else to post this question.  Any thoughts?

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »
lori c:

This has has been answered already, in the link at the top of every page in the news section.  Yes, if these remains are shown by the forensic testing to be the missing Imperial Children, steps will be taken to inter them along with the rest of the family.  You can go to the thread to read the full press release on the subject.

Offline lori_c

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »
Forgive my ignorance and sorry I didn't see it.  But thank you so much FA for kindly answering my question. I will be more vigilant in the future!

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2007, 06:33:57 AM »
It is already brewing, there are those on the internet who have already condemned the tests as fake and fraudulent before they have even been done. Its sad, pathetic really, but then as the foremost DNA expert in Texas told me "There are those who believe the Earth is flat, and Man never went to the Moon." Elvis lives, the 9/11 attacks were perpetrated by the US to start the war in Iraq, yadda yadda yadda.

FA

Sorry, I know it's off topic, but on that last one I haven't made up my mind yet. I am not saying it was the US government (or wasn't), but one thing I am sure about is that the truth of it is a lot more complex and disturbing than the simplistic rubbish we've been fed since 9/11.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Alixz

« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2007, 09:23:50 AM »
In my experience, and I am no expert on anything (just a Jack of all trades) their is no major incident (or minor for that matter) that hasn't engendered a conspiracy theory.

From Lincoln's assassination to the Romanov murder to Roswell to the Kennedy assassination and now 9/11.  I watched a show on 9/11 (as many did here in the US on Tuesday) and one expert had this to say about conspiracy theorists.  "They want to think that they know more about the subject than anyone else. It gives them a big ego boost to think that they have the power to divine some insight from all of the information that no one else has. It is not really about whether or not there was a conspiracy, but about the desire of the theorist to feel superior to everyone else."

I think it is also about the "ah ha!" aspect.  Conspiracy theorists want to be able to say "See, you thought you knew everything, but you were wrong."  Even those who are conspiracy theorists and also experts in their own fields of study are looking to be able to point out that "The Truth Is Out There".

I know that this is off topic and I apologize, but even though I know that the acknowledged interpretation of evident facts is sometimes hard to accept as the only interpretation, conspiracies can't possibly be there answer to every situation. And as much as I find it hard to trust anyone in any government position because I feel that they hold their own self interests before all others, that and their need to be re-elected, it doesn't seem possible that every situation began with a conspiracy to obfuscate.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
It will be exciting to hear about the press release/conference once the DNA testing has been completed.

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2007, 02:14:53 PM »
In my experience, and I am no expert on anything (just a Jack of all trades) their is no major incident (or minor for that matter) that hasn't engendered a conspiracy theory.

From Lincoln's assassination to the Romanov murder to Roswell to the Kennedy assassination and now 9/11.  I watched a show on 9/11 (as many did here in the US on Tuesday) and one expert had this to say about conspiracy theorists.  "They want to think that they know more about the subject than anyone else. It gives them a big ego boost to think that they have the power to divine some insight from all of the information that no one else has. It is not really about whether or not there was a conspiracy, but about the desire of the theorist to feel superior to everyone else."

I think it is also about the "ah ha!" aspect.  Conspiracy theorists want to be able to say "See, you thought you knew everything, but you were wrong."  Even those who are conspiracy theorists and also experts in their own fields of study are looking to be able to point out that "The Truth Is Out There".

I know that this is off topic and I apologize, but even though I know that the acknowledged interpretation of evident facts is sometimes hard to accept as the only interpretation, conspiracies can't possibly be there answer to every situation. And as much as I find it hard to trust anyone in any government position because I feel that they hold their own self interests before all others, that and their need to be re-elected, it doesn't seem possible that every situation began with a conspiracy to obfuscate.
Well, I certainly do not fit the description given by that so called expert! And you are right in saying that "it doesn't seem possible that every situation began with a conspiracy to obfuscate". I even go further and say that the big majority of all situations don't start and will never qualify as conspiracies. However, that doesn't mean that conspiracies do not exist. Dismissing them off hand as yadda-yadda is as unwise as being paranoid about everything that happens.
BTW, if murdering the Imperial Family ordered through a secret telegram direct from Moscow and then keeping the crime a secret from the entire nation for 80 years is not a conspiracy, then what is?
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?