Author Topic: Do You Know This Lady?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
  • I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently
    • View Profile
Do You Know This Lady?
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »
Hi there, I posted a topic just like this in Having Fun, but no one has replied. I thought this might be better in this thread, it's more to do with the Imperial Court.

I've recently come into contact with a rather fascinating individual who's great aunt was in fact a retainer of the Imperial Family up until 1905. He has many photographs, but one in particular stands out.
It's one  of a young lady, in Court Dress, with writing on the back (by his great aunt) detailing mostly about the dress itself. If anyone knows who she may be you'd be doing a great service to my friend and maybe even solving something of a family mystery!

Lady In Court Dress:

Back Note:

Photos courtesy of Chris.
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913

Offline Mari

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know This Lady?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:31:45 AM »
Why don't you try posting this in Court Dresses? It's under "Their World and Culture."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:33:53 AM by Mari »

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
  • I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know This Lady?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:08:30 AM »
Why don't you try posting this in Court Dresses? It's under "Their World and Culture."

I shall!

Thank you for the advice.  Most appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 10:19:06 AM by Alixz »
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913