Author Topic: Re: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska Part 7  (Read 184966 times)

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
  • Imperial Corps Des Pages
    • View Profile
Look forward to the book myself but will need a new bookshelf ay this rate!
Remembering the Imperial Corps Des Pages - The Spirit of Imperial Russia

Offline susana

• 50 years Romanov obsession. Believe that?
    • View Profile
I will read Greg King's book too but I refer you to my May 12 2010 post on the DNA Report forum. I finally believe that Anna was Anastasia.
I'm redefining myself at present--any suggestions?

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Well, Susana, you're free to believe what you wish, but, as far as I'm concerned, Anna Anderson has been debunked.  She never was Anastasia.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Anna Anderson has been comprehensively debunked by DNA evidence from several different directions. Even without DNA, her claims were highly doubtful to begin with.

Unless you believe that several different DNA labs are colluding in a gigantic deception, there is no chance at all that Anna Anderson was Anastasia.

Ann

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
I have read the manuscript for Greg and Penny's Anna Andersen book. There is no room for doubt any longer that Franziska was NOT Anastasia.  They have the substantial evidence to show exactly how she literally became so trapped in her lie that she became the claimant.  The long held closed Darmstadt archives have the original investigation reports on the subject;  heck they even now have the RUSSIAN TUTOR's name who taught her Russian because she couldn't speak a word.  Trust me, after the book comes out, there will be the very last nail in this already long dead coffin.

Believe what you will Susana; but even Peter Kurth accepts the reality that Anna Andersen wasn't Anastasia. and he knew her personally.

Oh, and I removed that entire discussion from the DNA papers thread because it had no place there. That section is strictly for publication of and discussion about the specific scientific papers showing the DNA testing. NOT your personal opinions.  Also, you were most wrong about the testing labs. One of the testing labs doing the majority of the work was the United States Air Force Forensic Lab, which destroys your conspiracy theory about it being only English or Russian....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:38:25 AM by Forum Admin »

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
I have read the manuscript for Greg and Penny's Anna Andersen book. There is no room for doubt any longer that Franziska was NOT Anastasia.  They have the substantial evidence to show exactly how she literally became so trapped in her lie that she became the claimant.  The long held closed Darmstadt archives have the original investigation reports on the subject;  heck they even now have the RUSSIAN TUTOR's name who taught her Russian because she couldn't speak a word.  Trust me, after the book comes out, there will be the very last nail in this already long dead coffin.

Believe what you will Susana; but even Peter Kurth accepts the reality that Anna Andersen wasn't Anastasia. and he knew her personally.

Oh, and I removed that entire discussion from the DNA papers thread because it had no place there. That section is strictly for publication of and discussion about the specific scientific papers showing the DNA testing. NOT your personal opinions.  Also, you were most wrong about the testing labs. One of the testing labs doing the majority of the work was the United States Air Force Forensic Lab, which destroys your conspiracy theory about it being only English or Russian....

So, according to what you just wrote,  AA couldn't speak Russian until after she had a tutor.    So, this means she was capable of
speaking Russian afterall.  Interesting.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
That was another thing that should have given AA away, she could barely speak English.  The real Anastasia was fluent in English.

Offline Greg_King

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Atlantis Magazine
Just to clarify this a bit: Although we can't discuss the book yet except in very general terms since publication is not until January, I should say that Peter's stance on anything or what he may or may not believe is unrelated to our manuscript. I don't want to leave the impression that we have somehow changed Peter's mind on anything.

The only thing I will add here is that linguistic issue is not nearly as convincing or compelling as we have all believed, something that is clear after the ten years of translating and reading through the Darmstadt and Hamburg materials. I wish we could say more, and we will toward the end of the year close to publication, but for the moment I'd just say that it has been a real education to go through the materials we had and see firsthand the documentation of Franziska's progress.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Looking forward to when your book comes out.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
I found this on YouTube.  It's the episode of the 1970's show, In Search Of, hosted by Leonard Nimoy, that dealt with Anna Anderson.  When it was made, she was still alive.  I think you all might find it amusing.  Remember, when this was made, DNA testing didn't exist yet, the Soviet Union was still there, and there was still some doubt as to whether AA was Anastasia or not.

Part One:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6m36iklb9k

Part Two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUYNUPRg6iU&NR=1

Part Three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMXbv5MgGI&NR=1
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:40:34 AM by TimM »

Offline pentetorri

• Boyar
  • Fata Viam Invenient
    • View Profile

Oh, and I removed that entire discussion from the DNA papers thread because it had no place there. That section is strictly for publication of and discussion about the specific scientific papers showing the DNA testing. NOT your personal opinions.  Also, you were most wrong about the testing labs. One of the testing labs doing the majority of the work was the United States Air Force Forensic Lab, which destroys your conspiracy theory about it being only English or Russian....

Peter Kurth DOES NOT accept the "reality" that Anna Anderson wasn't Anastasia. For more information read his article on AA in his website:

http://www.peterkurth.com/anna-anastasia.htm

Offline Foxglove

• View Profile
The long held closed Darmstadt archives have the original investigation reports on the subject;  heck they even now have the RUSSIAN TUTOR's name who taught her Russian because she couldn't speak a word.  Trust me, after the book comes out, there will be the very last nail in this already long dead coffin.

Now that is very interesting to read, because one of the claims by supporters was that Anna was speaking Russian even during her period as Fräulein Unbekannt. Wasn't it Nurse Erna Bucholz, who claimed that she and Anna conversed in Russian, and that the nurse believed that the patient spoke it like a native? However, if Anna needed a tutor to teach her a language she was supposedly fluent in, it either suggests that the nurses were lying, or Anna's language studies began even prior to her being committed to Dalldorf. Honestly, the more we read about Franziska/Anna, the more confused I become, but I am glad to hear that the new book will shed some much needed light on the matter. :)

Offline Jessamy

• View Profile
Re: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska Part 7
« Reply #372 on: June 29, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
Did she look like Anastasia? - NO
Could she speak Russian? - NO
Did her DNA match that of Imperial Family? - NO
Do I believe she was Anastasia? - NO

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #373 on: June 29, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »
I must remind certain users that we have a ZERO tolerance policy about discussion the "reality" of any claim without scientific evidence to disprove the conclusive DNA testing.  NOTHING else matters unless someone can prove that there is a scientific DNA match between any claimant and the Imperial Family OR a peer reviewed scientific paper which can demonstrate why the now universally accepted DNA testing is not accurate.

ALL mods are reminded to delete such posts without warning or discussion. Period.

This rule is longstanding and is to be respected.

Offline Jessamy

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2010, 01:25:50 PM »
All other evidence aside, I really just can't get past the pictures of Anna Anderson. To me she doesn't look a thing like Anastasia, and the thing that really defines it for me is the shape of the mouth. I understand that, if the stories are true, there was some sort of trauma to the lower half of the face, teeth missing, etc. That can constitute a reason for the shape of the face being different, but not the size of the lips. Anastasia didn't have very full lips. Anna Anderson has quite large, full lips. Just doesn't cut it for me.