Author Topic: Mania Iankélevna  (Read 5255 times)

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
Mania Iankélevna
« on: September 04, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »
I wasn't sure where to put this so I thought I start it here.
What, if anything, is known about Mania Iankélevna, Yurovsky's wife. What happened to her after he died? Is there anything written about her?
Thanks
Lexi
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Mania Iankélevna
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »
Hmmm. I guess no one knows anything.  :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 01:02:51 AM »
Hmmm. I guess no one knows anything.  :)

Lexi, I have no info about the wife, but it's a very interesting question!

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 02:44:49 AM »
She is not a figure of importance.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 10:11:30 PM »
So what Dmitri. That doesn't mean her life wasn't interesting or that she us unworthy of discussion. Your response discourages discusion...that is rather rude. Learning about anyone or anything is never a waste of time.
Lexi

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 11:34:25 PM »
Perhaps you might like to do some research about her.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:24:58 AM »
How do you know I'm not? There is norhing wrong with posing the question here. If you aren't interested or find it boring all you have to do is not respond. No need to be rude.
Lexi

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »
charmed I'm sure

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 11:24:16 AM »
charmed I'm sure

Dmitri: I have sent you a PM, which I strongly suggest you read. You are to immediately stop this rude behavior.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:29:29 AM »
dmitri,

You really MUST stop being rude and condescending to other users.  Please remember that other people ask honest questions and may not have the knowledge of the subject that you do.  Other people are entitled to their opinion, and should not be humiliated if you differ in opinion with them.

Please stop this behavior and consider this a formal warning from me.

FA

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »
Lisa and Rob,
Thank you both so much. I apprecaite your attention to this matter. I am working on a research project about women in Russian history in the Romanov era. It is very difficult to find information on Mania. So I asked here. I don't post a lot, but I read the posts of others quite often. I come here to learn.
Lexi

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 07:49:09 AM »
dmitri,

Please remember that other people ask honest questions and may not have the knowledge of the subject that you do. 
FA

FA,
Or the may know more.  ;)

Offline klava1985

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »
I am interested in this question as well. What became of Mania, where did she come from in the first place? Also, what were the names and fates of the Yurovsky children... Rimma was imprisoned; do we know the dates? I think I've seen some somewhere, but can't find them now. Alexander became an Admiral. Wasn't there at least one other child?

Thanks for any help. I've been lurking for a while; it takes a long time to work through all the relevant threads.

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 06:33:06 PM »
Edward Radzinsky writes that Rimma was imprisoned in 1935. I don´t know how long time she spent in the gulag but I think many years. Probably until after Stalin´s death. She had previously been leader of the Komsomol in Ekaterinburg. Her father tried to help her and get her free but in vain. Radzinsky just mentions Yurovski´s wife. But he calls her Musia, not Mania. I don´t know what is right?