Author Topic: Prince William and Kate Middleton  (Read 220270 times)

Rani

Re: Prince William and Kate Middleton
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2010, 07:57:23 AM »
http://www.zimbio.com/Kate+Middleton

They were here already engaged, and all magazines wrote how pity this it that she went to so many weddings while she would never marry!
Liars :)

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2010, 08:21:21 AM »
Not to continue down an off-topic topic, but I wouldn't be surprised if Camilla's choice of jewelry is due in great part to Charles' influence. 

But it is also probably due to practicality.  The Queen is a bit careful when loaning out her own regular pieces, and Camilla can't very well wear anything that Diana regularly wore.  That leaves with two collections to choose from:  either the dusty pieces that have been locked up in vaults for decades because the Queen herself doesn't seem to prefer them, or the pieces that the Queen Mother held during her lifetime.  And both collections seem to be comprised mostly of huge, ancient looking pieces.

Rani

« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:18 AM »
Good point Chris!

But they are still horrible :)

Hats looks on her really good!

Camilla was pretty.

Rani

« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:16:43 AM by Rani »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
Thomas, The "Greek Key" or meander tiara now belonged to the Princess Royal who wore it a lot, so there is a no go. The loop tiara , which is the one the Queen like to wear a lot (used to belong to Miechen, Grand Duchess Marie Paulovna the elder, grandmother of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent), so Kate would not get that either. She need one she could wear (like Diana got the lovers-knot tiara & emerald necklace before her marriage, but chose to wear her own family tiara instead). I think the Queen Mother Cartier scroll or Cambridge cresent are the best choices.  :)

As for the dress, the current fashion is the more slim dress (rather than the bell shaped one Diana wore) with a bussle and train. That would flatter her figure and long hair. She could look like a Norman or Saxon bride...

Rani

« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »
I´m so old fashioned :(

;D

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2010, 10:33:03 AM »
Well...we are all old fashioned to root for royalty !  ;)

I wonder if Kate would have her long hair up or let it drape on her shoulders.  :D

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2010, 12:13:49 PM »
I agree that the Cartier scroll would fit a modern princess like Catherine perfectly. However it had not seen the light of day since the late Princess Margaret had worn it...The crescent tiara (which come from Mary of Cambridge, Duchess of Teck if I am not mistaken) would be lovely too. I think part of that tiara is detatchable. It can do double duty for Catherine.
Princess Anne often wore the Cartier scroll tiara in her late teens/early twenties including for a state opening of parliment.... by then her aunt had given up wearing it.

Constantinople

« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »
The second tiara that Camilla is wearing looks like she wants to be Pope due the golden arch in the rear of the photo.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2010, 12:20:32 PM »
But the Cartier scroll is not hers like the Greek Key or meander that was "given" to her right ? Not sure about that.  ???

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »
But the Cartier scroll is not hers like the Greek Key or meander that was "given" to her right ? Not sure about that.  ???
The Cartier scroll is thought to have been just loaned to her as it was to Princess Margaret.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
Well...Then Catherine may have a chance to recieve that.It will suit her welll.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
Plus, as is always remarked, who knows what treasures lurk in the royal vaults ready to be brought back to light in original condition or reset in a more modern way?
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2010, 10:27:37 PM »
Hi,

My 2 cents:-

I think that The Queen should entitle William as Duke of Cambridge..
This would link him back to his ancestors The Duke of Cambridge, his 4 times great grandfather and his daughter Mary Adelaide of Cambridge from whom they're all descended....

Also, the tiara that The Queen wore on her wedding day would link Catherine to her, strickly in a 'jewelled' way..
And, the tiara is modest enough to be demure and grand enough (in a royal fringed way) to make a statement...

What do you think - - am I off base here or does it make sense???

Larry

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2010, 08:04:08 AM »
Hi,

My 2 cents:-

I think that The Queen should entitle William as Duke of Cambridge..
This would link him back to his ancestors The Duke of Cambridge, his 4 times great grandfather and his daughter Mary Adelaide of Cambridge from whom they're all descended....

Also, the tiara that The Queen wore on her wedding day would link Catherine to her, strickly in a 'jewelled' way..
And, the tiara is modest enough to be demure and grand enough (in a royal fringed way) to make a statement...

What do you think - - am I off base here or does it make sense???

Larry

No,you're not off the mark,I'm with you.But,there's a lot of water in the Thames between now and then..
Je Maintiendrai