Author Topic: Prince William and Kate Middleton  (Read 219365 times)

Offline Stefan22

• View Profile
Re: Prince William and Kate Middleton
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2010, 05:32:58 AM »
There are at least a dozen tiaras that are not frequently worn -- some have not been seen in decades. And if Alexandra's are intact, the number is even higher. I hope that she receives two -- the Strathmore for the wedding and the Lover's Knot for her first overseas tour. In a fantasy world, the Windsors could get their hands on Q Victoria's sapphire tiara that the Harewoods sold years ago. It would be perfect on Kate, given its size and her young age.  

The harewood'sstillhave the sapphire tiara but have sold a lot of other tiaras inherited from Princess mary. Some time ago there was a pic of the Countess posted on the Royal Jewels MB where she wore the sapphire tiara in the same way around her hairdoo like Queen Victoriia.
As for tiaras there are also a number of tiaras from Queen mary who where not seen since 100 years like the surrey fringe tiara, the ladies of England tiara. but it could have been that they where brojken up to create new Jewels.
Stefan

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2010, 12:55:55 PM »
http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/More+British+Royal+Tiaras

Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara, owned now by Earl and Countess of Harewood
There has been much discussion about the current owners of this diadem ...and it is not thought to be (or have ever been) the Harewoods. I t is rumoured to be the Duke of Fife as there is a pic of his ex wife wearing the diadem (or a similar) at a state Opening of parliment many years ago.

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »
There are at least a dozen tiaras that are not frequently worn -- some have not been seen in decades. And if Alexandra's are intact, the number is even higher. I hope that she receives two -- the Strathmore for the wedding and the Lover's Knot for her first overseas tour. In a fantasy world, the Windsors could get their hands on Q Victoria's sapphire tiara that the Harewoods sold years ago. It would be perfect on Kate, given its size and her young age.  

The harewood'sstillhave the sapphire tiara but have sold a lot of other tiaras inherited from Princess mary. Some time ago there was a pic of the Countess posted on the Royal Jewels MB where she wore the sapphire tiara in the same way around her hairdoo like Queen Victoriia.

The Harewood family do still have the tiara and there was a photo of the current Countess.. Patricia... wearing it as you say on display in the main library when I was there this summer.

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »
http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/More+British+Royal+Tiaras

Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara, owned now by Earl and Countess of Harewood
Wow, that is a beautiful tiara. Amazing... Love that page, so neat to see the real crown in color and also in b&w.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Rani

« Reply #289 on: November 21, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »
This Tiara is indeed amazing!

The people from TRF photoshopped some tiaras on Kates head

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/photoshopping-royal-tiaras-and-jewels-2-a-11966-38.html

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2010, 08:05:08 AM »
I think the scroll tiara and the Georgian fringe (both used to belong to the Queen Mother) are the best choices. A diamond necklace from Queen Mary's collection plus some good brooches would be nice too since Catherine (unlike Diana) did not have much ancestral jewels.

Offline HerrKaiser

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »
has there been any controversies about William using his Mother's engagement ring for his financee? If I was Kate, I'd find that awkward at best.
HerrKaiser

Offline kamlowsky

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »
This is interesting:
The present whereabouts of the Queen Victoria Emerald and Diamond Tiara is not known, but it is believed that the celebrated tiara is now in the possession of one of the descendants of Queen Victoria. It appears that the "Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara" like the "Queen Victoria's Diamond and Sapphire Tiara" never entered the British Crown Jewels, and being Queen Victoria's personal property was bequeathed to one of her nine children or their descendants. The present owners of the "Queen Victoria's Diamond and Sapphire Tiara" are the Earl and Countess of Harewood. But, the present owners of the "Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara" are not known.
At the end of this article it is believed that the Emerald and Diamond Tiara has been dismantled.

http://www.internetstones.com/queen-victorias-emerald-and-diamond-tiara-designed-prince-albert.html

Offline bonbon823

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
Oh!  How horrible to dismantle such a beautiful thing.  But, if you own it, you can do what you like....still sad.

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »
Hi,

I too think that Kate should have had her own engagement ring and not Diana's.  It seems too soon after her death (13 years) and is too much associated with her.  I can see it given to one of the future grandchildren, as that would be 20 to 25 years from now...
Diana complained about 3 being in her marriage;  and somehow I feel she's the third in this one with that ring.

Also, I hope Catherine doesn't wear any of Diana's jewels for at least a decade - in order to distance herself from Diana's wearing them...

Larry

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 23, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
Hi,

I too think that Kate should have had her own engagement ring and not Diana's.  It seems too soon after her death (13 years) and is too much associated with her.  I can see it given to one of the future grandchildren, as that would be 20 to 25 years from now...
Diana complained about 3 being in her marriage;  and somehow I feel she's the third in this one with that ring.

Also, I hope Catherine doesn't wear any of Diana's jewels for at least a decade - in order to distance herself from Diana's wearing them...

Larry

You really need that trip Larry....LOL!

13 years is long enough and that thing has to be worn,that's it.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Carisbrooke

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 23, 2010, 07:02:47 AM »
The date is set for April 29th at Westminster Abbey. So the BBC website tells us. Can't seem to find the right link, it's not difficult to find.

Offline Carisbrooke

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 23, 2010, 07:17:28 AM »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 23, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »
The date is set for April 29th at Westminster Abbey. So the BBC website tells us. Can't seem to find the right link, it's not difficult to find.

It is true nonetheless.. ;D

April 29th,St.Catherine's Day,a good omen... ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:32:21 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 23, 2010, 07:49:13 AM »
Glad a date was set. I think the ring is ok. Diana was a loving memory to William and people should respect that.