Author Topic: Princess Beatrice of York Pt II  (Read 122627 times)

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Beatrice of York Pt II
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »
From the Daily Mail: For the Princess, the trip provides her with a valuable insight into the world of royal duty that awaits her in the years ahead.

The only insight that I expect interests her is a world of tasteless clothing and parties with superficial people.

From the Daily Mail: For her single father, she brings a touch of glamour...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Is that what it's being called these days?

Yeah, I had a bit of a hoot about that myself.  Beatrice is as far away from 'glamour' as she could possibly be...

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »
Beatrice & her father on their trip

Okay, Beatrice, sit up and try to look interested--as Queen Mary said about royals 'we are never bored'.  ;)

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »
Okay, Beatrice, sit up and try to look interested--as Queen Mary said about royals 'we are never bored'.  ;)

I don't doubt that the great Queen Mary would be spinning in her grave at Beatrice's public image, including this shot.

Offline Janet

• Boyar
  • There is nothing like a Dame ... of the Thistle
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
[I don't doubt that the great Queen Mary would be spinning in her grave at Beatrice's public image, including this shot.

What about this?  What is the next level up from spinning?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=510154&in_page_id=1773

"There were several men in the toilets, and they all couldn't believe it when she stormed in, screaming after her embarrassed boyfriend."

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
Well the Duke of York is to be encouraged for taking Beatrice on his latest trip. It is time she saw what is expected of her as a Royal Princess. Yes Queen Mary would have told her to sit up and behave like a Princess of the Blood Royal. Royals are not expected to look bored even if they are totally bored out of their brains. Surely she could have sat up and looked in the right direction even if she had been thinking of home or her favourite music.

Offline Tdora1

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »
She has every right to be bored out of her (compact - to put it kindly) brains. Prince Andrew's "trade ambassador" function is nothing more than a way to keep the shit-thick, over-horny, crude-opinionated, entitlement- bungling fool out of the way of serious business. Poor Beatrice has every right to feel used and stitched up by being compelled to attend such a lamentably obvious fail of an event. This visit has no credible consequential possibilities whatsoever: when does even the pseudo-loving Daily Fail ever claim that Prince Andrew makes an atom of useful headway in the Middle East politico-economic situation? World's Most Unlikely Headline for This Week: Andrew and Beatrice Privately Petition Egypt and Israel to reconsider Gaza border closure. We can wish in vain
Acts of injustice done
Between the setting and the rising sun
In history lie like bones, each one.

W.H. Auden The Ascent of F6

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
She has every right to be bored out of her (compact - to put it kindly) brains. Prince Andrew's "trade ambassador" function is nothing more than a way to keep the shit-thick, over-horny, crude-opinionated, entitlement- bungling fool out of the way of serious business. Poor Beatrice has every right to feel used and stitched up by being compelled to attend such a lamentably obvious fail of an event. This visit has no credible consequential possibilities whatsoever: when does even the pseudo-loving Daily Fail ever claim that Prince Andrew makes an atom of useful headway in the Middle East politico-economic situation? World's Most Unlikely Headline for This Week: Andrew and Beatrice Privately Petition Egypt and Israel to reconsider Gaza border closure. We can wish in vain

May we take it you're not an Andrew fan, then?  Hi Hi Hi!

Too bad about Beatrice looking bored - she has to learn that is one of the many drawbacks of having 'Princess' in front of your name - you just can't look like that when you're 'on the job'.  Then again, she's only 19 - even I'M prepared to give her a little leeway here.

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2008, 04:26:26 AM »

Exactly. The man is a mere cypher.  It must however be hard work keeping his mind (however diminutive) on the job in hand (trivial though it may be) and away from the golf course.

Beatrice is old enough to know better.  She has seen enough of the other members of the RF on display in public to know how to behave and if she hasn't got it by now, then her father's genes must be more prevalent in her genetic make-up than her appearance would suggest.......
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline pandora

• Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
Royal or not, appearing interested in whatever situation a person is presented with is only common courtesy to the speaker or speakers.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »
Too true, Pandora, I totally agree (the exception being the monthly staff meeting at my workplace - it's all I can do to stay awake, let alone appear interested in the proceedings)...

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »
Looks like it is now open season on HRH The Duke of York.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2008, 08:01:26 PM »
The perception of Prince Andrew seems to be that, while the rest of the family has been making efforts to cut back on unnecessary expediture, particularly travel, from the point of view of cost and the environment, he has not made that same effort and still seems to expect to be treated like a grand prince of old where nothing was too good or extravagant. 

Also, his ambassadorial position is sceptically viewed by some as little more than an opportunity to sample the world's best golf courses.  Whether that's a fair assessment or not, I don't know...

From today's Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=511960&in_page_id=1770

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline ThePrincessPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2008, 03:45:14 AM »
Goodness Gracious, she is totally revealing her breast

and massive thighs

not exactly brimming with royal dignity indeed!