Author Topic: Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Part II  (Read 189844 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Part II
« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
yes it takes true talent to break your leg while walking in the hills and her title isnt Princess of Wales it is duchess of Cornwall for a good reason.

Mass hysterics and hypes never are "good reasons",thus,HRH The Princess of Wales it is and will be
Je Maintiendrai

Lindelle

« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2010, 07:52:13 AM »
Lucien, just out of my own self curiosity, does Camilla carry POW title or as she turned it down for good?
I know there's been much discussion on this subject but I really don't know if she has to legally accept it or not. I know she prefers the DOC title, but does she actually have POW title as well. When she married Charles, did it automatically come to her like Diana?

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #377 on: April 24, 2010, 08:20:41 AM »
Yes, legally she is POW, she just doesn't use it.

Lindelle

« Reply #378 on: April 24, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »
Thankyou Fyodor.
Then why can't people feel free to call her that if they wish, as she is.
Diana's last title was Diana, Princess Of Wales.

How often these days does Charles get called POW?
When they are introduced at formal engagements I presume it's 'The Duke and Duchess Of Cornwall'?

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #379 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:53 AM »
Then why can't people feel free to call her that if they wish, as she is.
Actually, after the wedding a statement was issued saying that she preferred to be known as Duchess of Cornwall.
Of course you might call her Princess of Wales or Morganatic Rottweiler or whatever you wish to.

Diana's last title was Diana, Princess Of Wales.
Just to get things clear, that is actually a style. I guess Duchess of Cornwall is also a style with regard to Camilla.
In Charles' case, PoW and DoC are titles, since he holds them himself.

How often these days does Charles get called POW?
When they are introduced at formal engagements I presume it's 'The Duke and Duchess Of Cornwall'?
No, they will be introduced as HRH the Prince of Wales and HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:59:27 AM by Fyodor Petrovich »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
Lucien, just out of my own self curiosity, does Camilla carry POW title or as she turned it down for good?
I know there's been much discussion on this subject but I really don't know if she has to legally accept it or not. I know she prefers the DOC title, but does she actually have POW title as well. When she married Charles, did it automatically come to her like Diana?

No she can not turn down for good what is rightfully hers in the first place,she just has not used it due to it being
soo way out of line connected with the former one and only because of that she doesn't use the title that did come
to her as it did to her predecessor.

But as I wrote before,soon Harry and William will go to see The Queen,
and shortly after HM will write the Duchess and "encourage her"  to use the title Princess of Wales.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:39:10 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Lindelle

« Reply #381 on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »

No she can not turn down for good what is rightfully hers in the first place,she just has not used it due to it being
soo way out of line connected with the former one and only because of that she doesn't use the title that did come

and shortly after HM will write the Duchess and "encourage her"  to use the title Princess of Wales.

Lucien, I'm sorry I missed  of when you wrote about this before. Canyou elaborate a little please? And how do you know about it?

Margot

« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2010, 12:25:41 AM »
Yes I to would love to know when William and Harry intend to ask the Queen to write and encourage Camilla to use the Princess of Wales title officially! I have never heard about such a plan anywhere else!

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2010, 01:13:39 AM »
Yes I to would love to know when William and Harry intend to ask the Queen to write and encourage Camilla to use the Princess of Wales title officially! I have never heard about such a plan anywhere else!

Good.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2010, 03:27:49 AM »
Lucien - I applaud you!!!
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Margot

« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »

Lucien, I'm sorry I missed  of when you wrote about this before. Canyou elaborate a little please? And how do you know about it?

Good.

A reply like 'Good' to two enquiries as to verification of your sources as to this statement that William and Harry will soon approach the Queen to ask her to suggest to Camilla she start using the Princess of Wales title officially, soon, is hardly helpful or generous! If you have a secret source then please say so rather than replying with a rude and brusque 'Good'! All Lindelle and I wanted to know is the source for this intimate detail! I am not doubting you Lucien, but the way you wrote about it it implies you know for a fact that this sequence of events is going to happen 'soon'. By which, others must therefore construe that there is a reliable source for such information! If so, would you care to share the origin of this source with us all or prefer to keep it to yourself?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:43:08 PM by Margot »

Margot

« Reply #386 on: April 27, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »

Lucien, I'm sorry I missed  of when you wrote about this before. Canyou elaborate a little please? And how do you know about it?

Good.

A reply like 'Good' to two enquiries as to verification of your sources as to this statement that William and Harry will soon approach the Queen to ask her to suggest to Camilla she start using the Princess of Wales title officially, soon, is hardly helpful or generous! If you have a secret source then please say so rather than replying with a rude and brusque 'Good'! All Lindelle and I wanted to know is the source for this intimate detail! I am not doubting you Lucien, but the way you wrote about it it implies you know for a fact that this sequence of events is going to happen 'soon'. By which, others must therefore construe that there is a reliable source for such information! If so, would you care to share the origin of this source with us all or prefer to keep it to yourself?

Oh well we shall live in hope of a relevant and attributable response with a source or explanation at some time! It is curious how no one but Lindelle and I queried this rather intimate anecdote! Am I being a maverick here by daring to ask for a source pertaining to the statement that William and Harry are going to ask the Queen to suggest in a letter to the Duchess of Cornwall thats she start using the title of Princes of Wales in an official capacity soon, as Lucien claims? All I would like to know, is where he came across such a fact! He has ignored this request three times I believe, which includes his rather rude and arrogant 'Good' response to my initial follow up request to Lindelle's initial request for verification! Well I ask again would Lucien please provide a source? Fourth time lucky perhaps....?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:46:14 AM by Margot »

Lindelle

« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2010, 08:52:13 AM »
Dear Margot,
He's not going to tell as he hasn't replied.
We can always go onto other exciting ventures yes? :)

Margot

« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2010, 09:04:24 AM »
Well Lindelle I am merely following the precedent set here in asking for sources! After all Lucien is like myself one of those most avid and persistent advocates of requesting sources for any data shared here! Lucien normally always has a source for his facts but in this case he hasn't produced one, and I am merely adhering to the precedent we all try to follow! If Lucien wishes to make such statements I would expect him to respect the decorum of sourcing that he and many here expect from others! It is a point of principal! That is all! If he is not prepared to share his source....so be it! I just hope he is prepared to explicitly state that here, and then I will be satisfied that his statement is not entirely sound and should never have been made without thought or consideration to what has occurred since! I am sure Lucien of all people will see that I have a point here!  Whether he likes it or not! Historiography has a proper method and and a pure means!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:12:27 AM by Margot »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2010, 11:59:48 AM »
Dear Margot,
He's not going to tell as he hasn't replied.
We can always go onto other exciting ventures yes? :)

I did reply to both very soon after that post to you and dear Margot,naughty girls,by pm,you replied to that,haven't heard from Margot tho.
Je Maintiendrai