Author Topic: Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Part II  (Read 189755 times)

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Part II
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
It's been over a page now, let's please get back on topic. Thanks.  :)

Also, a reminder (as always seems to come up in the Camilla threads) of the FA's rules about respectful discourse about living royals. You don't have to like them but no crudity or nastiness.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Robert_Hall

« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »
 I read in  either the Evening Standard or the Mail [more likely the ES,  as I  tend to pick it up for the  tube ride home, the Mail, only oif it is  in the house, brought in by someone else]  that Camilla  likes chip butties.  That that is a disgusting meal. Not that it tastes all that bad, but talk about cholesterol & fat city ! I do not think the fast food joints could top it for unhealthy food...
 Another royal fave is beans on toast. Rather common,  but  not bad.  Forget where I read that bit.  I think everyone I know in the UK eats  that, though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:52:56 PM by Robert_Hall »

Constantinople

« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2010, 01:14:55 PM »
Beans on toast are one of the best things you can eat.  Great protein source, low cholesterol, high fibre and that warm tomatoey flavour.  Favoured by the Beatles, I can see why the RF is fond of them.  I eat a lot of sophisticated things but I love beans once in a while on a cold rainy night, eaten in front of the fireplace.

Adagietto

« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »
Preferable by far to monkey brains.

Constantinople

« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
well last night i had calf's brain in black butter and it was delicious.  I don't have it often but it is rich and full of protein, not much fibre though

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #500 on: July 09, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »
WHAT does all this food chatter have to do with Camilla?? TOPIC please.  Mods, please start removing any further OT posts. Thanks.

FA

Robert_Hall

« Reply #501 on: July 09, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »
Sorry, but MY post WAS about Camilla. And the RF. I can't help it if she likes chip butties.

Constantinople

« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
i think one sentence out of six was about Camilla, Don't suck up now Robert

Robert_Hall

« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »
Point taken, Const.
 Thanks.
 Now, back to Camilla. Was it last year she  took a holiday with some girl friends on a  hired private jet to  some exclusive Greek resort island? I do not know who paid for that, but other than security, I do not think the UK taxpayer  covered it. These folk all have the money to  do it on their own. This holiday was without Charles and she insisted on it. Can't say that I blame her,  I do it  twice a year,  to "get away'.  Just exclusive Greek resorts are not really to my taste.
 On a different matter,  does anyone know if she keeps in contact with the Duchess of York? Surely they must have met, at least in the Diana years.

Constantinople

« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »
Considering that Sarah and Diana were friends, I don't think that is too likely.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
They were friends in the early days only.  Diana had broken away from Sarah after the latter's separation from Prince Andrew and refused to have anything more to do with her after Sarah wrote disparagingly about her in her "autobiography". 

Robert_Hall

« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2010, 05:53:12 PM »
That was my impression as well, Grace.  But thought perhaps  Sarah and might see each other socially, such as house parties or events of some sort. They might well not be  bosom buddies,  but would be polite to each other at least.
  After all, they both have broken marriages in common...

joan_d

« Reply #507 on: July 27, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »
Point taken, Const.
 Thanks.
 Now, back to Camilla. Was it last year she  took a holiday with some girl friends on a  hired private jet to  some exclusive Greek resort island? I do not know who paid for that, but other than security, I do not think the UK taxpayer  covered it. These folk all have the money to  do it on their own. This holiday was without Charles and she insisted on it. Can't say that I blame her,  I do it  twice a year,  to "get away'.  Just exclusive Greek resorts are not really to my taste.
 On a different matter,  does anyone know if she keeps in contact with the Duchess of York? Surely they must have met, at least in the Diana years.

Camilla must be rather partial to the Greek Islands.   In May 2007, hubbie and myself were on a holiday in the beautiful island of Ithica.  There was a huge luxury yacht moored in the harbour everybody buzzing wanting to know whose it was.   Didn't take long for the locals to tells it is was the Spanish Royal Family's boat and that Camilla was on board recuporating from an operation.  (Hysterectomy I think!)   Amazing where these royals get to when you're least expecting it.

timfromengland

« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2010, 10:22:07 AM »
Very surprised that Camilla isnt  in India right now at the side of her Royal beau.
The Commonwealth Games will be starting soon.....  surely Camilla should be there with Charles.... ?

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 02, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »
Erm, she is, it's in todays paper...

Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.