Author Topic: My Russian Project!  (Read 5134 times)

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
  • I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently
    • View Profile
My Russian Project!
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
This is my newly finished Russian project for my grade 11 Anthropology/ Sociology/ Psychology class. The theme is "How the Russian Autocracy kept the people oppressed, and the consequences for it." I don't actually believe they were kept oppressed intentionally, but I had to give it that view if I wanted to do something on Russia (the main purpose being for a project on Groups and Discrimination).

It's actually 6 dioramas stuck together, making a circle:

1.) 1861- Emancipation of the Serfs. Here we see Russian peasants milling in the fields under the grueling hot sun while they harvest.

2.) 1881- Immense Poverty. Little change after the freedom of serfs. Here we see a Russian family of peasants in their decaying apartment. 80% of Russia was composed of peasants and the like.

3.) 1905- Tension Grows. Here the Okhrana/ Secret Police raid a group of revolutionary up starters during the 1905 revolution.

4.) 1913- The Russian Aristocracy. They live in unprecedented opulence, in their gilded asylums. Russia's Aristocracy is said to have been the most decadent and frivolous known to history. Here nobles gather in a fashionable salon, reveling in their finery whilst the people starve.

5.) 1917- Revolution. The people have taken justice into their own hands, and ended the 300 year Romanov Dynasty. Here Lenin is seen, leading them into their future.

6.) 1918- The People's Revenge. The Imperial Family is executed on July 17th 1918. Their death was intense in violence, pain, and gore. This symbolized the end of what had been, there could no turning back.

I worked quite hard on this one, hope you find it of interest!
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913

Offline XJaseyRaeX

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: My Russian Project!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »
pretty cool!
i hope you get an A on it!

you have Sociology,Anthropology, and Psych all in one corse?
In high school i took Sociology and AP Psych by themselves but never combined...thats pretty cool.

I am.

Peterhof

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »
NAOTMAA Fan,

That is just an amazing job.  Congratulations!  Keep it in a safe place.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:28:20 AM »
WOW.  Great job although the Rasputin Propaganda pics didn't come out in 1905.   Also I noticed you copied the pics from your artwork  on deviantart. :)  For the murder scene.

Your forgetting some people in your murder scene the servants, Dr Botkin, the footman, cook and lady in waiting.   Other then that. Hope you get a good mark.  :)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:30:41 AM by rosieposie »
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »
pretty cool!
i hope you get an A on it!

you have Sociology,Anthropology, and Psych all in one corse?
In high school i took Sociology and AP Psych by themselves but never combined...thats pretty cool.

NAOTMAA Fan,

That is just an amazing job.  Congratulations!  Keep it in a safe place.

This is very impressive. Good luck!

Thank you all soooooo much! Sorry I apologize it took so long to respond to your kind remarks. I'm glad you took an interest!

WOW.  Great job although the Rasputin Propaganda pics didn't come out in 1905.   Also I noticed you copied the pics from your artwork  on deviantart. :)  For the murder scene.

Your forgetting some people in your murder scene the servants, Dr Botkin, the footman, cook and lady in waiting.   Other then that. Hope you get a good mark.  :)

I was perfectly aware that any Rasputin propaganda didn't make an appearance in 1905, seeing as to the fact that he only just met Nicholas and Alexandra that year. I didn't have any propaganda sources at hand, if any circulated during 1905, and so I just used that rather famous propaganda piece in hopes that some of my classmates, who have no knowledge of Russia nor care for historical accuracies, might recognize him. In regards I'm aware you were just trying to point this out, but there's no need for it :)

And in addition, I'm ultimately aware that Botkin, Demidova, Kharitinov, and Trupp are not in the final diorama, but I honestly didn't have the time or the patience to add them as I was on a time limit and it being 12:30 am. No one in that class even knows who and what a Romanov is, let alone who they were murdered along with. Priorities came first and so I only included main personnel.
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »
Great job although the Rasputin Propaganda pics didn't come out in 1905. Your forgetting some people in your murder scene the servants, Dr Botkin, the footman, cook and lady in waiting. 

Well of course everyone knows there weren't any propaganda pictures in 1905 but there's nothing else he could've used that would look as work as well. And besides not having enough time, nobody would even know who the other people were and it might even confuse them as to which were the Romanovs since they know hardly anything about them and their deaths.

It's all perfect and one of the greatest Romanov work I've ever seen in my life. I doubt anyone else would take the time and effort to make anything half as good as this. I applaud you.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Amanda_Misha

• Boyar
  • Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home.
    • View Profile
    • George Romanov: An enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »
Very pretty work, :) you will obtain a good qualification :)[/color]
"And now, remembering this man, I wonder how You, Russia, will wash away his innocent blood? Will you ultimately be able to redeem the death of Michael the Last?"

www.freewebs.com/georgeromanov

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 08:50:14 PM »
It's very well done, and your dioramas are well conceived, giving clear informations!

I hope you will have good points for it!

Offline Vasiliy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 01:46:37 PM »
What is written at the diorame №5 ? :)

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 02:45:36 PM »
That is soo awesome!!! I give you an A++++! :D ;) :)

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
It's very well done, and your dioramas are well conceived, giving clear informations!

I hope you will have good points for it!
That is soo awesome!!! I give you an A++++! :D ;) :)

Gahhh, thanks so much!! You're too kind  :D

What is written at the diorame №5 ? :)

Oh I have no clue whatsoever what it means I just copied it off the banner from Diorama 3, sorry!

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »
Wow! It's great! I'm really impressed by the amount of detail you put into it. Great job.

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
Wow! It's great! I'm really impressed by the amount of detail you put into it. Great job.

Why thank you!

************************************************************************************

ATTENTION!!!! I recently got this back annnnnnndddddddddddddddddddd...

I got 110% on it!! Seriously. I was more or less like "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, k?!?!". I'm terribly pleased with it and would like to say thanks to all who bothered to take an interest in it. Certainly will look good on the report card...

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
Congratulations, you most certainly deserved it! :-)