Author Topic: Bloomberg News reports DNA Tests show remains those of Alexei and Maria.  (Read 88589 times)

mikeycoleman

I would think, for scientists to have made such quick preliminary identifications, there would have to be some portions of at least the skull, pelvis, spine and collarbone for both skeletons.  Skull or pelvis for sex and skull, spine or collarbone for age.

Mikey

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
mikeycoleman, agreed!

Today marking one year since discovering remains of Tsarevich and GD Maria......

My birthday, too!  ;) Sorry for topic-off!
Regards!
Nena
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Imperial_Grounds

Already a year..... It seems like yesterday when I heard it that the remains were found. And Happy Birthday, nena

Offline Geniebeanie

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
Re: Bloomberg News reports DNA Tests show remains those of Alexei and Maria.
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
Personally I think Russia wants to wrap up that shamfull even in their history.  I would not put it pass these people who lie to the world on a regular basis.     How do you know that they did not keep back a couple of small bones and make the claim.   I look at things from all sides.

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
I´m tired of people seeing Russia as "the dark one evil in the back". And about lies told to people - that has nothing to do with being Russian. Please, keep that in mind, when writing something like this. I also think that Russians want to finally "get well" with the past. They do not have a reason for anything of the suggested.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »
Personally I think Russia wants to wrap up that shamfull even in their history.  I would not put it pass these people who lie to the world on a regular basis.     How do you know that they did not keep back a couple of small bones and make the claim.   I look at things from all sides.

Because teams from the United States did their own testing and were involved with the handling of the remains from almost the very first.  There is plenty of independent confirmation from sources unrelated to the Russian Government.   Such speculation is without basis in fact.

Selencia

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
I´m tired of people seeing Russia as "the dark one evil in the back". And about lies told to people - that has nothing to do with being Russian. Please, keep that in mind, when writing something like this. I also think that Russians want to finally "get well" with the past. They do not have a reason for anything of the suggested.

Actually I think many Westerners have that mentality not only about Russia but about everything from Eastern Europe. That behind the iron curtain mentality just hasn't gone away yet.
I will admit I am one of those people who is sometimes fearful of Eastern Europe, it is wrong and I apologize for it.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »
Agonya is Russian word for English agony...
In magazine I bought, there is pic. of Aleksei's shirt(you can see that remains of blue-white stupes of salior suit) he wore on July 17th 1918-(Remember they didn't unwore him), also, they mentioned 44 bone fragments, I wonder in that 44 bones , did they include skulls of Aleksei and Maria? Because they didn't publish it..

nena,

Do you think it's possible to send me via e-mail a copy of the pic of Aleksei's sailor shirt, and the name of the magazine?

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »
It is from National Geographic magazine, in Archaeology section. Alexei's sailor suit is clearly visible, but burned, all greyed in ashes, those 'blue-white lines' I had said.  When I find photo, I will send it to you.  ;-)

Ian (UK)

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 06:52:13 AM »
It is from National Geographic magazine, in Archaeology section. Alexei's sailor suit is clearly visible, but burned, all greyed in ashes, those 'blue-white lines' I had said.  When I find photo, I will send it to you.  ;-)

Any chance of putting this article on the forum ? I have never seen a picture of the shirt before.

Mega interested to see it.

Gorseheart

Has the photo been found yet?

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
How could I forget -- My sincere apologies. Here's :

Alexei's burned sailor suit, said to have been found in 2007 in Koptyaki forest, that Tsarevich wore on his last day under uniform, comparing with 1913 photo.

Notification: Not any copyright infringement intended. If I did do, I'd gladly remove this photo from my PB.

Gorseheart

Alexei's burned sailor suit, said to have been found in 2007 in Koptyaki forest, that Tsarevich wore on his last day under uniform, comparing with 1913 photo.

Notification: Not any copyright infringement intended. If I did do, I'd gladly remove this photo from my PB.
Thank you! I'm making a website, and I was wondering if I could use this and that car picture?

Ian (UK)

"Said to have been found", that sounds very enigmatic. I've always had a problem with this item from day one, as it's something which should not be at this location. However if it is the real deal, one thing it achieves is to blow the Yurovsky note clean out of the water, (all clothes destroyed at 4 brothers etc). Therefore we have a problem what do we choose, shirt or note, we can't have them both. We will know more about the shirt when the dig report is published, but I feel this maybe some time in coming. Honestly, how long would it take to sit down and write one ?
    By the way, have a happy birthday Nena & thanks for the picture.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
You're very welcome. I don't know the original source, but it is said that they didn't take the clothes of Aleksei. He remained to be in his uniform and supposedly in that sailor shirt under. Yurovsky's testimonies are sometimes confusing.