Author Topic: Admiral of the Baltic Red Fleet - 1921  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Imperial.Opal

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Admiral of the Baltic Red Fleet - 1921
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
 I like to find out who was the the Admiral of the Baltic Red Fleet during the sailors revolt at Kronsdat in 1921, it is called the third Russian Revolution, and the name of the Imperial ship he used as his flagship, not sure if it was the Standart.

Offline Mike

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Erast Fandorin Museum
Re: Admiral of the Baltic Red Fleet - 1921
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:38:59 AM »
Until January 1921, the Baltic Fleet was commanded by Fyodor Raskolnikov. When the revolt started in March 1921, Ivan Kozhanov was hastily appointed at the still vacant commanding post. Upon the revolt suppression, he was replaced, in May 1921, by Mikhail Viktorov. There was no flagship at that time, since the commander and his staff were stationed ashore.

Offline Imperial.Opal

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Admiral of the Baltic Red Fleet - 1921
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
 Thanks , Mike,  for the information on the Admirals, I was watching a documentary  - The Russian Revoltion in Colour - it shows archive film and actors portraying the events at Kronsdadt from 1917 to 1921.
  The Admiral and his wife, sounds like Raisa in the docu, seems to have been living the good life on board the ship and shows them departing before the final attack on Kronsdadt in 1921.not sure if they charged with corruption
 The closing credits in the docu did not have any names of the Admiral, ect as well as the actors