Author Topic: Something Highly Entertaining- Historic World Events  (Read 6911 times)

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
  • I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently
    • View Profile
Something Highly Entertaining- Historic World Events
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:06:33 PM »
I recently went to the library awhile ago for research on a Sociology essay and randomly found myself to have wandered into the children's section. However my litheness proved to have its rewards, for as I was passing down an aisle I noticed this HUGE book sticking out of the bookcase and I took it out and opened it only to find two enormous pages on the Russian Revolution! Anyways I immediately checked it out and scanned the pages for everyone's viewing pleasure. I especially like the illustrations. The pages were so big I later had to paste them together  in photoshop, but here you all are:

The pages:

Some close ups:

Anyways hope you all find them equally entertaining as I did, this book does have some rather mature content in it for children, but nonetheless its the Romanovs so who cares. I'm in a huge rush right now so if this thread is entirely inappropriate I leave it to Laura Mabee and the Administrators to merge it or move it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:09:35 PM by NAOTMAA Fan »
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913

Offline Antie

• <- See her? She is Tatiana, the Leader of OTMA!
    • View Profile
    • Diaphanitas
Re: Something Highly Entertaining- Historic World Events
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:21:47 AM »
Thanks for posting that!  I love it!  My favorite part is, of course, OTMA!  :D
Avatar from Tatiana + Olga | Governess - The Tatiana Fanlisting
"She's so bossy that we call her "the Governess."" - Anastasia from Anastasia, the Last Grand Duchess.

Offline azrael7171918

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:16:01 AM »
 Interesting

I like to look for these myself always have. Historically who ever did the depiction of the cellar has 1 too many women and not enough men.

Az

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:25:38 PM »
I like to look for these myself always have. Historically who ever did the depiction of the cellar has 1 too many women and not enough men.

Really? I see Nicholas, Aleksey, Botkin, and the other man whose name I can't remember right now. I don't think there was another male. They do have an extra female, though.

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
Men in the Ipatiev House Cellar that night:

Nicholas Alexandrovich
Alexei Nicholaievich
Eugene Botkin
Ivan Kharitonov
Alexei Trupp

They are missing one man, but have an extra female. Anyways things like this are always prone to historical errors unfortunately...
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
Alexei or Aloizy Trupp?-I think I have read somewhere it is not Alexei Trupp, his name was Aloizy, or something like that?
Sorry my bad spelling!
Great pics., NAOTMAAfan, thanks!
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »
Alexei or Aloizy Trupp?-I think I have read somewhere it is not Alexei Trupp, his name was Aloizy, or something like that?
Sorry my bad spelling!

Dear nena,

You are correct, Alexei Yegorovich Trupp was also known by the name: Aloizii.

Well done!

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Peterhof

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
I recently went to the library awhile ago for research on a Sociology essay and randomly found myself to have wandered into the children's section. However my litheness proved to have its rewards, for as I was passing down an aisle I noticed this HUGE book sticking out of the bookcase and I took it out and opened it only to find two enormous pages on the Russian Revolution! Anyways I immediately checked it out and scanned the pages for everyone's viewing pleasure. I especially like the illustrations. The pages were so big I later had to paste them together  in photoshop, but here you all are:

The pages:

Some close ups:

Anyways hope you all find them equally entertaining as I did, this book does have some rather mature content in it for children, but nonetheless its the Romanovs so who cares. I'm in a huge rush right now so if this thread is entirely inappropriate I leave it to Laura Mabee and the Administrators to merge it or move it.

Those pages are a real treat.  Thank you.

Offline gogm

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • Grand Ladies
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:43:45 PM »
Americans! The people reading this are the future workers, taxpayers, and leaders of the Republic!

It's time to worry when the stuff students read looks like it was written by a grade school student.

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 09:33:52 AM »
i think this actually was written for children.
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 01:14:57 PM »
Actually, it is.....it's called "Great Events That Changed The World: History as immediate as the present". Needless to say it's a kids book, a very large kid's book, but nonethless one for children. I honestly think it's perfect for teaching "future Republicans" and any other child, I mean first of all they wouldn't care about any of this in the first place, but the small but detailed text and great illustrations make it entertaining.

Anyways, you're absolutely welcome to all who thought this to be of interest, I loved it so I knew you might feel the same!!!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »
These things gets children started, does it not? Simple stories and   nice pictures.  I remember reading such things whenm I was a kid [much longer ago than I care to admit]  giving me the story of the USA, or the  Kings of England. Both were full of shallow propaganda, but they  got my attention. Which, incidentally has lead to my library of past-counting books.
 Whatever it takes to get a child interested in reading is a fine tool, in my opinion. Reading leads to questions. Questions lead to thought progression.  It is sadly obvious that many educators  ignore that for more tactile and "useful" skills.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 08:59:54 PM »
Those are great!! I definitely love that one of Alix!

Here are some more finds I acquired from my history textbook:

And an article on the Romanov Bones:

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »
Nice work guys!
Great contributions! Thank you for the entertainment.  :)