Author Topic: Romance of the Emperor and Lubov Imperatora - 2 Films on AII and K Dolgorukaya  (Read 4810 times)

Offline nerdycool

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
As I was doing a search of some kind, I came across this website. I don't think any one's posted on this... I checked and didn't see anything, so if it has been posted before, sorry. Anyway, it's a mini series about Alexander II's love for Katherine Dolgorukaya. I assume it's in Russian, and I don't know when it was made. There's picture stills on the site too. Has anyone seen this?

http://www.cinemarec.com
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:54:16 PM by Alixz »

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Romance of the Emperor
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 11:30:29 AM »
It is very good made  film with real russian aroma.
Actors play very good.
Ekaterina is very beautiful.
The film was made in the real palaces on the real furniture and  they used only things of that time.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 05:04:45 PM »
WOW! That looks neat. Now if only I could find it on DVD  :D

Offline guinevere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:43:51 AM »
I think you are talking about " Lubov Imperatora" !!! Its a Series in RUSSIAN Language about the Love Story of Alexander II and Kaja Dolgorukaja. The Leading role has Georgi Taratorkin and Natalia Antonoba, and it is from 2003.

I found a copy in here in my GERMAN HOMETOWN in a Russian store. Its a 2 VHS SET and it is much used, because they were lending it. I bought it and I´m very impressed by the Pictures and the Cast. But my Russian is very Poor.

I would like to give this 2 Set VHS to an interested AP member for FREE!!! If you are interested, you would only have to give me the costs for the shipping.

If anyone is interested, please mail me..... if more than One is interested " First come first serve"!!!

Many Greetings

Natalie
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:52:14 PM by Alixz »

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
You've been PM'd! ^_^

Thanks for your kind offer Natalie!

Offline guinevere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 12:44:45 AM »
So, the VHS Set is gone... its really worth seeing it...guinevere

Offline cinemarec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 02:39:26 AM »
Hi!
Please do not mix Romance of the Emperor with Lubov Imperatora. Thay are 2 different films.  And yes Romance of the Emperor was filmed in real palaces and historical places while Lubov Imperatora was done on stages.  Romance of the Emperor was filmed by famous film director Dziamara Nizhnikovskaya whos main creative style in the movie industry is historizm. She tried to show in the film the real historical events - no fantasies just historical facts.

Soon  Romance of the Emperor will be reliased in Holland on DVD and also Company Cinemarec is going to shoot the second part of the court chronicals of Russian Emperors (I guess you didn't know that the films was thought to be as chronicale made of 3 parts?). If you want to find more about the project and  Romance of the Emperor you can visit www.cinemarec.com or even contact the company.

Best regards

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
I was looking for a topic on the story of Alexander II and Katja and I'm surprised I wasn't able to find a topic on the old film with Romy Schneider:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052964/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_45
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now it’s all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline amelia

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
I would love to buy this DVD, do you know wher I could buy it? I can not find itin USA.
Thanks
Amelia (EvaMcDonald)