Author Topic: How do people respond to your Romanov "fanaticness?"  (Read 40604 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
Re: How do people respond to your Romanov "fanaticness?"
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
One of my family members is a psychiatrist and they've told me numerous times that having a huge passion for something like the Romanovs is quite healthy and good for you. ;)

Absolutely! :-)

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »
Hmm, I just remembered one reaction I always get out of my mom. Whenever she sees me doing something with Romanov pictures or just talking about them, she always asks me how much time they spent sitting around for pictures. She also asks, "What did they DO all day?"

Haha! That's funny.

One of my family members is a psychiatrist and they've told me numerous times that having a huge passion for something like the Romanovs is quite healthy and good for you. ;)

oh AMEN!
haha :D

thank god!
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
My mum said that no hobby is useless. She was right. If I weren´t interested in Romanovs, not only I would still hate to learn about the era, but I wouldn´t know how to use Photoshop ar even chat on forum :) Also my English skills improved.

Offline Amanda_Misha

• Boyar
  • Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home.
    • View Profile
    • George Romanov: An enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »
My brothers they have been very pretty!!! Antonio (my older brother)  in my birthday gave to me: " Michael and Natasha" it took to months looking for that book, it was a very pleasant surprise, and Gabriel gave eight days ago a beautiful icon to me that I liked much, my parents are very not interested they have tolerated :)

An excuse if my English is not very good:)

Greetings to all:)
"And now, remembering this man, I wonder how You, Russia, will wash away his innocent blood? Will you ultimately be able to redeem the death of Michael the Last?"

www.freewebs.com/georgeromanov

Offline Natasya

• I like Russia, history, and Russian history.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 08:48:22 PM »
I got a Romanov book for my birthday this year. When my friends came over, they were asking about it because they liked the picture on the cover. When I told them it was about the Romanovs, they just stopped talking and gave my a look of false interest and understanding.
Some of my teachers have been quite supportive, but either my friends avoid the subject or they think it's a weird obsession.
A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's prooven.
-Jean Chretien

Offline XJaseyRaeX

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 12:21:29 AM »
My friends ussually get bored out of their minds when i begin to ramble about the Romanov's or anything about history..

my family doesnt find it too strange because i have always been into history (im a history major in college), they think i should start working on a book with all the knowledge i have...but i keep on telling them that history books take years and years of research and that im not going to even start writing one till im a history professor lol

i did get my neice interested in the Romanov's though..its always easy to get little kids into things lol. start em out young!

I am.

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »
I got a Romanov book for my birthday this year. When my friends came over, they were asking about it because they liked the picture on the cover. When I told them it was about the Romanovs, they just stopped talking and gave my a look of false interest and understanding.
Some of my teachers have been quite supportive, but either my friends avoid the subject or they think it's a weird obsession.

same!

i think i have only one friend... who thinks its interesting, and sometimes.. he thinks its way weird :p
. Josh Groban .

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 03:33:19 PM »
People around me are adoring me to my knowledge about R-ovs.
I have one teacher who is also interested in R-ov subject and we are talking all the day about them..... ;D
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Marie-Catherine

• Boyar
  • Just remember they were normal people, like us.
    • View Profile
    • My travel blog (French only)
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »
My friends don't understand why I find the Romanovs so interesting.. They always say something like : "Why do you like them ? They're dead !". There's maybe one of my friends who like history is a bit interested. When I was reading Imperial Russia, she asked me if she could borrow it and was really interested about their story, but it stop here. My parents think it's a lost of time, but they respect me. My little sister , on the other hand, likes to hear me talking about the Romanovs and she always says she wants to go to Russia with me one day.

I have to admit that most of people around me thinks that Russia is a dangerous country. My uncle told me one day that Russian were killers and that  it was REALLY dangerous and that I should never go there.. I know he just doesn't understand that Russia has changed since the communism era, but.. it's his point of view, whatever I can tell him.

"Time flies by with a horrible quickness" -Maria

Thanks to the talentful FadedDreams for the banner !

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »
I got one of my neices interested in them a little bit too. She was so cute she wanted me to call her Maria because she is her favorite and they have the same birthday and she wanted to call me Anastasia.  :D

People tell me that Russia is a dangerous country, too. But, one of my family members was in Russia for a long time doing religious works and they got kicked out for a really stupid reason... Another one of my cousins lived there for a while and has a wife and children from Russia. He used to work for the UN and now no one knows exactly what he does. "Dirty work for the government" apparently.  They live in Bosnia now and I hope that they'll take me with them when they go back to Russia...
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Lalee

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 05:05:36 AM »
I'm not sure when, but my family and I will be going to Russia (and maybe Livadia, if there is a chance!) some time in the future. The only concern is, we can't be there for very long because a lot of people apparently get mobbed from what I've heard..

Having an interest such as one in the Romanovs is good for a lot of reasons! Of course, you read about them so it will improve your reading skills and learn new words, and your intelligence in history! And plus it could be something you can have a career in (like teaching, or writing books, etc) and generally you just have a hobby, which is good!

Offline Joyann1

• Boyar
  • We can only move forward.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 04:52:07 PM »
i have been to russia, maby only for three days but its not as bad as you guys say.
its like any other country, but afcourse it depends one where you are.

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »
i have been to russia, maby only for three days but its not as bad as you guys say.
its like any other country, but afcourse it depends one where you are.

yes definitely!
i was born in Belgium, and lived in Germany for half my life,and people think Germany is such a horrible place to live, because of all that went on there, but it it really isn't that bad.
. Josh Groban .

Offline Proud_Olga

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
My entourage thinks Germany is a beautiful country, but most find the German language ugly.

I don't really talk of the Romanov Family with my friends, because they are my age (and most of people aged sixteen are  not interested by History), and I think if they know how much I loved them, they will think I'm crazy. And I don't like when someone judges one of my hobbies with no respect.
And when someone discovers that I like the Romanovs, this someone asks why and I don't know what to answer because there's no reason, I like them, that's all.
I only told one friend about them and she thinks it was weird and it seems that she thought it was not interesting at all.

My little sister saw few times searches I do about them. And she got upset by that. She always says "The Romanovs are dead. What is so interesting about them ?".
She thinks that's stupid.
Tatiana's royal play site.
My DeviantArt
Banner & avatar courtesy of GD Ally.

Offline isabel

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »
I studyed History at University so everybody around me understand my "fanaticness" with the Romanovs and the rest of the european Royal Familys of the XIX century.

In fact i have a project of a book of the Royal Familys in those century. A fiction book.

I have two children, a boy and a little gril and both of them can identify perfectly who is who in photographs,( The Imperial family, Queen Alexandra of England, Dagmar of Danmark,..The Kaiser....)  they know very well the last Tzar history, and they respect my space when i am coloring pics (painting is my other passion).

And about Russia, i have been in St.Petersburg twice, and in my opinion there´s any danger in the city, my hollidays were perfect¡¡ I think that every country had bad and good things, everywhere you go you can find good an bad people. I adore Russia, and Germany, and France, and the United States,and.......... My third passion is traveling.¡¡¡

Best regards from Madrid